The Exclusive Brethren
Posted: 24 September 2006 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2005-12-04

First time I've ever heard of these guys.

more info here…

Posted: 25 September 2006 05:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1229
Joined  2004-12-22

This is only one of many reasons why I have changed my mind about a National Religion.

Right now, religion represents a huge underground economy influencing politics, tax-free.

Posted: 25 September 2006 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2005-12-04

This is only one of many reasons why I have changed my mind about a National Religion.

Right now, religion represents a huge underground economy influencing politics, tax-free.

Sorry Iisbliss, but I’m not familiar on your previous position regarding National Religion.  However, there’s alot worrying about the kind of influence the religious right have. 
Here in australia, we’ve been bombarded by the “Family First” party, and it was looking for a while like they might’ve gotten the balance of power (not sure how they ended up in the end - have to find out).  However that’s somewhat off topic…

Happily here in Aus, we don’t have much of a tradition of Campaign Contributions - our elections tend to be done and over within about 4 weeks of one being announced so the money isn’t quite as necessary.  (Add to that the fact that we’ve got a population less than 10% of the US and that makes things cheaper still).
But that doesn’t mean out pollys aren’t looking for their crackers though…  I’ll have to keep an eye on this.

Posted: 10 October 2006 12:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2005-12-04

Just found this transcript of a report on these fellas done by Four Corners from ABC australia that I thought some of you would like to see.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed