The idiocy of MedVed
Posted: 05 October 2006 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2006-06-16

In case anyone else wants to comment on the blog that MedVed put on his site that talks about Harris's Letter to a Christian Nation:

http://michaelmedved.townhall.com/blog/g/26af7357-f8c6-41da-89d5-16cbfd5ccf03

Posted: 05 October 2006 11:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2005-04-25

[quote author=“MagiusII”]In case anyone else wants to comment on the blog that MedVed put on his site that talks about Harris’s Letter to a Christian Nation:

Medved is a genius.

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 05 October 2006 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  765
Joined  2006-08-16

Medved had an even more ridiculous column today about the full page add in the Sunday New York Times for Sam’s book. Despite his interview of Sam last month, Medved still doesn’t get it.

Signature 

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire

“Rational arguments do not work on religious people, otherwise there would be no religious people.”—Dr. House

Posted: 05 October 2006 02:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  309
Joined  2006-10-02

whew, he’s almost as long winded as some of the posters on this forum raspberry

He lists all the recent books slammign the religious right in both columns. An impressive number, but still not as many as there were about OJ after the trial.

Its a hot topic right now. Maybe the pendulum is finally swinging back after the post 911 extremism.

Posted: 05 October 2006 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2006-09-24

I went to the link, and I was frankly stunned by Medved’s comments. He even twists the logic to the point that he believes Mr. Harris must be concerned about going to hell. Rigid thinking people will never understand the limits of their capacity for thought.

Posted: 05 October 2006 06:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  765
Joined  2006-06-01

[quote author=“TheChampion”][quote author=“MagiusII”]In case anyone else wants to comment on the blog that MedVed put on his site that talks about Harris’s Letter to a Christian Nation:

Medved is a genius.

And according to you he is damned to hell since as a Jew he denies Christ… rolleyes

Signature 

Get with it. Millions of galaxies of hundreds of millions of stars, and a speck on one in a blink. That’s us, lost in space. The cop, you, me… Who notices?
-Vincent

Posted: 09 January 2007 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  51
Joined  2006-09-02

He seems not to understand the problem atheists have. Yeah these people may do a tremendous amount of good. Fine. Believing in a personal god has nothing to do with doing good. His whole argument seems to be. “Why demonize christians they give to charity?” If this guy is considered an “intellectual” conservative then that says something pretty sad. Secondly nobody’s criticizing them for giving to charity the criticism is that their beliefs are outdated and unwarranted. Instead of having that debate people like Michael Medved whine “Stop picking on christians they do nice things.” Becasue he couldn’t win a debate that was confined to substance.

Mr. Harris, in other words, seems to worry about people assuming he’s bound for damnation because in one corner of his mind, at least, he fears they may be right.

Where has he said that he’s worried about going to hell? I’d like to see Medved point out one instance of Sam saying he’s afraid of hell. He’s criticized peoples fear of hell, but never to my knowledge stated fear as his reason.

[color=red]These volumes—duly published and promoted by prestigious major imprints—all seethe with fear, resentment, paranoia and hysterical hatred toward citizens who have perpetrated the unspeakable crime of upholding traditional and Christian religious values.

Why shouldn’t people fear religion when we have seen what it is capable of? Why shouldn’t I or anybody else resent ignorance foisted on me as the height of wisdom? Paranoia is irrational and there are perfectly reasonable points to be afraid of fundamentalism gone haywire.What traditional and christian religious values? Impeding the cause of knowledge and medical research? Halting human progress in the arena of social justice by quoting religious texts? Why shouldn’t I be offended by a mass of american public officials who have nothing to offer the real debates we could be having by acting as if the christina majority is in the right on every social issue just by being in the majority.

Michael Medved is a moron.

Posted: 10 January 2007 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  462
Joined  2006-11-23

It’s up to Medved to provide evidence that the Torah is REALLY the inspired word of God.

Signature 

...it has to put into the equation: the possibility that there is no God and nothing works for the best. I don’t necessarily subscribe to that view, but I don’t know what I do subscribe to. Why do I have to have a world view? I mean, when I wrote Cujo, I wasn’t even old enough to be president. Maybe when I’m frty or forty-five, but I don’t now. I’m just trying on all these hats.
-Stephen King

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed