2. Characterized by pedantic formality: a haunty, pedagogic manner
*seems to support educator elitism* !!
Pedantic, adj, :
1. Characterized by a narrow, often ostentatious concern for book learning and formal rules.
2. Marked by a narrow focus on or display of learning especially its trivial aspects. [syn. academic, donnish]
*key word narrow*
Pedagogue, n, :
1. A schoolteacher; an educator
2. One who instructings in a pedantic or dogmatic manner.
*ah HA found DOGMA finally !! knew it would be here somewhere !!*
Dogma, n, :
1. A doctrine or a corpus of doctrines relating to matters such as morality and faith, set forth in an authoritative manner by a church.
2. An authoritative principle or belief, or statement of ideas or opinion, especially considered to be absolutely true. Syn “Doctrine”.
3. A principle or belief or a group of them: “The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present” (Abraham Lincoln)
so the bill says “Just the facts, ma’am, or the very least “true” opinions.
kk now that I cleared that up to my satifaction by focusing on one word only, I am no longer in the least alarmed by either the existance of this law nor whatever the hell was going on that made the legislature think they needed to pass this law = P
Just interested me the way they used that word, I found it strange.