12 of 13
The Cult of Evolutionists
Posted: 01 April 2008 03:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 166 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1031
Joined  2007-12-04

Evolution takes a willing participant by the hand and tells gives him an excuse to do anything, because he tells the man that he is simple a twig…., an animal that evolved off from a branch of primates, or whatever.

Inflammatory rhetoric!  Evolution, a theory, can now willfully take a person by the hand (anthropomorphic) and (tells gives), (which is it idiot?) and leads a person to commit any act with excuse?  How does a janitor like you even have a computer?

Champ, many of our forefathers were in fact Deist, not Theist.  This country was established as a secular republic, not a theocracy.  There is no mention of creationism in either the declaration of independence or our constitution. 

You, as is obvious by reading your meager posts here, are barely literate and neither read your bible, history or science.  You are a simple ignorant bigot who will live your life in bitter acrimony.  You hate intellectuals because you will never be one of us…I would bet you work for us.

When I first read your posts here on this forum, I was fooled into believing that you were sincere and had a Christina concern for those of us who you think to be misinformed, and I can respect that.  But you are not.  Quit educating yourself on “Talk Show” radio and go read!  Your stupidity reflects poorly on the Christians who come here and make good, logical arguments.

Signature 

http://www.thehereticandthepreacher.com

Posted: 01 April 2008 05:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 167 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24
LogicAndReason - 01 April 2008 07:44 AM

Inflammatory rhetoric!

You’re being far too kind. It’s pure fuckwaddage.

I’m not sure why anyone engages the man after reading more than a few lines of his bullshit. It only takes a paragraph of even his most “substantial” stuff to pretty inescapably recognize he hasn’t the slightest measure of intellectual integrity or honesty in his being (at least as regards religion, and it seems he’s one of the hard core addicts whose religiosity permeates pretty much the whole of his life experience—few believers can muster up that level of dishonesty in my own experience). Why reason with a man who demonstrates utter contempt for reason and honesty and intellectual responsibility every time he posts?

But whatever engages people is cool, I suppose, as long as no one looses an eye ...

Byron

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

Posted: 01 April 2008 07:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 168 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Byron, there is a certain entertainment value here and sadly enough, I enjoy reading the rants of The Champion…because his piffle helps to support the side of reason here.  I even pity a man with a library of one book versus thousands.  I think I know who this man really is.  Please let me elucidate The Champion from his patina of wisdom.  The Champion is an older, bitter person who seeks to understand why his existence is piteous.  Maybe he has been the victim of the cruel, secular government.  Maybe all the special interest groups have sapped this countries’ resources right out of his hands.  He lives in a Fox and Jacobs house in some nameless suburban sprawl, drives his 20-year-old sedan, and now that he is retired, he has nothing better to do than come on the website and spew his aphoristic garbage.  He gets little attention in real life and this is probably the only place people even respond to him.  When ask any question here, his countless repartees fall to earth without the hint of any bouyancy.  I can picture him at his 10-year-old clone, furiously typing faster than he can think, trying to pick and chose between all the little fragments of bilge he hears on Rush Limbaugh or the Savage nation, or in the church where nobody really pays him any attention either, or even from nuggets of misinformation he pulls from nut-ball religious groups, such as the group down in Glenrose, TX.  This man is the personification of irrelevance. One has to wonder how those who come to this forum trying to argue for Religion feel about this man being on their side.  If I were on that team I would even have to consider that The Champion was actually an atheist plant.  It is very hard to accept that this man is trying to be serious.

Signature 

Posted: 02 April 2008 09:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 169 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2005-04-25
LogicAndReason - 01 April 2008 11:43 AM

The Champion is an older, bitter person who seeks to understand why his existence is piteous.  Maybe he has been the victim of the cruel, secular government.

Close, I mean, I lived through the Lyndon Johnson and Jimmy Carter days….hey wait a minute, I’m not bitter.

He lives in a Fox and Jacobs house in some nameless suburban sprawl, drives his 20-year-old sedan, and now that he is retired, he has nothing better to do than come on the website and spew his aphoristic garbage.

Ugh….excuse me? Nameless suburban sprawl….yep, retired…..not quite yet, 20 year old sedan…..nope, dude, I mean, I’m green when it comes to cars baby, I’m a Christian environmentalist who recycles religiously. Spew….what? Nuuuu, I am a political junkie and this is my outlet. I love trading barbs with the smartest people in the world, it keeps my mind sharp.

He gets little attention in real life and this is probably the only place people even respond to him.

When you get to be older, nobody pays attention to you, and you appreciate that fact. You’ll see. “Blend” is my middle name.

This man is the personification of irrelevance.

Good. I reject the world and all its wondrous wisdom and arts and temporary glories. My reward is in the afterlife.

One has to wonder how those who come to this forum trying to argue for Religion feel about this man being on their side.  If I were on that team I would even have to consider that The Champion was actually an atheist plant.  It is very hard to accept that this man is trying to be serious.

Nuuup, very serious. Oh, you know, I plant in a little mind curve here or there, you know, to keep it interesting. But nope, very serious about Jesus. Of course, I have long given up preaching at you athiests. If you read my earlier posts, it was exclusively a witness kind of thing. But even though I stopped preaching Jesus at you (well, sometimes I just got to do it), now its more of a political outlet so I can rage about the political process and other culture issues.

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 03 April 2008 08:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 170 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

I can respect that.  When challenged here, do you ever read any of the books that are referenced in the counter arguments?

Signature 

Posted: 03 April 2008 09:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 171 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-25
LogicAndReason - 03 April 2008 12:08 PM

I can respect that.  When challenged here, do you ever read any of the books that are referenced in the counter arguments?

Oh sure, I thumb through them sometimes, absolutely. Lately though I have started a journey to re-read the entire bible. So that is taking up most of my time, except for an occasional forray into Rolling Stone or other semi-political ‘axe to grind’ publication.

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 04 April 2008 06:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 172 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-04

Just a thought…I sharpen my tools by reading the bible and religious apologist as well.  I may be wrong, but truth is not relative, capricious, or prone to change.  It’s probably the man interpreting the information, but the more I study the harder the mythology of religion is to swallow.  Champ, do you personally think that God is beyond our comprehension?  If so, how do you make any decisions in relationship to your belief?

Signature 

Posted: 05 April 2008 09:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 173 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-25
LogicAndReason - 04 April 2008 10:49 AM

Just a thought…I sharpen my tools by reading the bible and religious apologist as well.  I may be wrong, but truth is not relative, capricious, or prone to change.  It’s probably the man interpreting the information, but the more I study the harder the mythology of religion is to swallow.

Well, the bible has an answer for that LogicAndReason, it says, ‘the natural man receiveth not the things of God, nor can he know them for they are spiritually discerned.’ So when taken in context with other verses that pertain to this concept of knowing God, it appears that the Holy Spirit has not yet illuminated the truth to your mind, or perhaps he has and you receiveth it not. What feeds into this concept is a result, that those who hate God will be given over to strong delusions, because of the hardness of their hearts. You seem like a level headed person, where do you fit in this equation?

LogicAndReason - 04 April 2008 10:49 AM

Champ, do you personally think that God is beyond our comprehension?  If so, how do you make any decisions in relationship to your belief?

In a way yes, I mean, who can understand or really know God. But, I believe through faith in Christ, we can know him, or at least know him through his law and through the atonement that Christ provides. I mean, the law of God seems harsh, when you talk about stoning people and that kind of thing. But the secret ultimate truth is that, everything we do outside of Christ is sin, and sin requires the shedding of blood for forgiveness. So this concept was taught to the Jewish nation after it left Eqypt, this concept of sacrifice/shedding of blood as a requirement for sin. So the Jews had different kinds of sacrifical lambs and bulls (all without defect) that were required to receive forgiveness for their sins. The blood was taken into the tabernacle and then by the High Priest who alone would enter into that room, the Holy of Holies, and sprinkle the blood on the altar.

But the tabernacle was only a shadow or ‘type’ of what is in heaven. Now with Christ, spiritually, he being our High Priest went into the Holy of Holies with his own blood as a one time, once and for all sacrifice that would take away the sins of the world.

Soooooo, the key is, and of course, this is for those who believe (I’m not preaching at ya, just letting you know what us Christians believe….), the key is that salvation no longer requires sacrifice, but only…..“ONLY” to believe on Jesus and you are saved, my friend.

So that is what we believe in a nutshell. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God.

Any spiritual beliefs that you have? I know you have some kind of spiritual belief. Even Sam Harris has to have some kind of belief, I think….?

Signature 

Posted: 09 June 2008 05:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 174 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-25
LogicAndReason - 01 April 2008 07:44 AM

When I first read your posts here on this forum, I was fooled into believing that you were sincere and had a Christina concern for those of us who you think to be misinformed, and I can respect that.  But you are not.

A “Christina” concern? Sorry, I don’t know who Christina is. Can’t help you.

I would say that I am as sincere as one can be, exposing evolution and atheism for its underlying evil. No harm in that, right?

You would agree that is the bible is true, then;
1) evoluton would be the devil’s plan to take out the book of Genesis (which if you do, the rest of the bible would not make sense, no reason for atonement, etc.) and,

2) atheism would be the roadmap to destruction and eternal separation from God.

You would agree that if the bible were true, the above would be true as well.  You would agree with that, wouldn’t you. I think you would agree that if the bible were true, you would be in trouble, would you not agree. I think we can agree that you would agree that agreement on the above would mean that we need to make some changes, would you not agree?????????

Signature 

Posted: 10 June 2008 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 175 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1646
Joined  2008-04-02
TheChampion - 09 June 2008 09:13 AM

I would say that I am as sincere as one can be, exposing evolution and atheism for its underlying evil. No harm in that, right?

Exactly how do you surmise that evolution and atheism contain underlying evil?

Signature 

Real honesty is accepting the theories that best explain the actual data even if those explanations contradict our cherished beliefs.-Scotty

Posted: 10 June 2008 08:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 176 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1646
Joined  2008-04-02

1) evoluton would be the devil’s plan to take out the book of Genesis (which if you do, the rest of the bible would not make sense, no reason for atonement, etc.) and,

You would agree that if the bible were true, the above would be true as well.  You would agree with that, wouldn’t you. I think you would agree that if the bible were true, you would be in trouble, would you not agree. I think we can agree that you would agree that agreement on the above would mean that we need to make some changes, would you not agree?????????

Are you on crack?

Signature 

Real honesty is accepting the theories that best explain the actual data even if those explanations contradict our cherished beliefs.-Scotty

Posted: 20 July 2008 06:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 177 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2008-07-14
Beam_Me_Up - 11 June 2008 12:08 AM

Are you on crack?

No you see thats the difference between people on drugs and religious nutcases…at least the guy popping pills or dropping tabs will trust the sober guy to make the judgment calls on whats really going on ohh

Posted: 13 September 2008 02:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 178 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-25
TechShaman - 20 July 2008 10:57 AM

No you see thats the difference between people on drugs and religious nutcases…at least the guy popping pills or dropping tabs will trust the sober guy to make the judgment calls on whats really going on ohh

And God sends strong delusions to those that are evil via rejection of him. Apparently, you have one of these delusions.

Signature 

Posted: 13 September 2008 10:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 179 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2008-07-14
TheChampion - 13 September 2008 06:40 AM

And I think God sends strong delusions to those that are evil via rejection of him. Apparently, you have one of these delusions.

Corrected.

Also - if my delusions correspond more closely to reality than what you believe to be the ‘true’ view of the world, you might want to rethink your stance.

Posted: 13 September 2008 12:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 180 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1539
Joined  2006-12-04
TechShaman - 13 September 2008 02:15 PM
TheChampion - 13 September 2008 06:40 AM

And I think God sends strong delusions to those that are evil via rejection of him. Apparently, you have one of these delusions.

Corrected.

Also - if my delusions correspond more closely to reality than what you believe to be the ‘true’ view of the world, you might want to rethink your stance.

Thinking ain’t part of this deal.

Signature 

“The hands that help are better far than the lips that pray.”
          — Robert G. Ingersoll

12 of 13

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed