Me, myself and I ...
Posted: 07 April 2005 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  277
Joined  2005-01-27

The hymn of the day ... "All About Me and My Salvation:  To Hell With You and the Planet."

~~~ Hybrid Cars Newsletter ~~~
Moderator: Bradley Berman [brad@hybridcars.com]

FEEDBACK ON POLITICIZING HYBRID CARS
In our last issue of this newsletter, we published links to three articles, by Bill Moyers, Thomas L. Friedman, and Slate Magazine, to show how hybrid cars, the environment, religion, and politics have become a tangled web on the World Wide Web. We received several responses warning us about our assumptions concerning who drives hybrids and why—and about taking sides in a political battle.

Monica:
"Be careful with your political leanings. I am a tried and true Prius owner, and my next vehicle will be another hybrid. I'll never go back to a full gasoline engine. I am a conservative, church-attending Christian. I love Rush Limbaugh and support George Bush. Responsibility neither begins nor ends with the environment. We are here for a short while and then move on. What matters in this life is our salvation, not the rights of the Spotted Owl or same-sex couples.

"Please don't lump me with the tree huggers. I purchased a Prius because I was spending too much money at the gas pump. I didn't choose a hybrid to protest the war in Iraq or curse those who are unfortunate enough to live on barren, oil-rich soil. I really don't care how much money the oil moguls have. But I do smile, knowing the rising gas prices don't bother me any more even at the current $2.20/gallon. My joy in itself is empowering."

Signature 

“Believe those who seek the truth, doubt those who find it.”  Andre Gide

Posted: 08 April 2005 03:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  819
Joined  2004-12-21

She seems like a pretty hard-boiled unit to me.  I can only wonder what a first date with her would be like.

Stay Well

Wot

Posted: 08 April 2005 03:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

Wot wrote:

She seems like a pretty hard-boiled unit to me. I can only wonder what a first date with her would be like.

I wouldn’t expect someone of such superior status would even be keen to hang out with the likes of us mere mortals.  Just be glad that you and I won’t be in heaven to have to listen to her for an eternity. 

I’ll buy you a beer, or maybe you would prefer a shot of whisky from your Civil War days, and we’ll make our own party ... smile

Susan

Signature 

Posted: 08 April 2005 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

And one of them you probably know, she was FAMOUS. But you know how the entertainment biz is, here today, gone tomorrow. Got a lot more than that 15 minute thing. But forget about all that. I’m just bragging. I’ve know or been around many famous folks. No big deal for a southern cal boy. Wish I would have had some religous gonads back then like I do now.

Posted: 09 April 2005 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

Who cares.

Posted: 09 April 2005 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

[quote author=“guest”]Who cares.

I somewhat agree with that. That is, if the previous guest posting meant that they don’t care about the whole “If TheChamp had a sister” crap, instead of the “who cares” about TheChamps defensive comment.  If the latter was meant, I would like to say two things:

1. Caring is the driving force of this forum. If nobody cared, they wouldn’t post anything. I think the “who cares” comment was stupid in a sense that, to begin with, the whole thread was stupid, so Champ made a stupid comment in reply(and rightly so), but the real stupid part was that he was dismissed as being stupid for making such a comment. KIDZ

2. The whole “if TheChamp has a sister thread” was totally out of place to begin with. I believe Champ is a good person, I think we need him here literally for argument sake, please don’t jeopardize that.

I just hope the former was meant.

Posted: 09 April 2005 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

Even though I get treated pretty roughly around here, I think I do provoke tought. How boring would it be if a bunch of intellectuals were sitting around stroking each other’s egos? Here comes along somebody with a totally opposite life view. I think we challenge each other. Don’t know if I will have any converts, but I think I am planting seeds. Somebody else will come along and water them at the appropriate time. grin

Posted: 09 April 2005 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

Get off the fence! grin

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43658

Posted: 09 April 2005 01:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

[quote author=“TheChampion”]Get off the fence! grin

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43658

get off the seeds and watering ummm… stuff, you’re “weirding me out”

also I don’t think the goal of the intellectuals is to convert you in such a way that you subscribe to only ONE set of beliefs, rather to consider ALL possibilities. Which I know you haven’t. It would be such a glorious test of faith though, would it not? I mean to consider ALL the possibilities and at the very end of your long journey to choose faith above all. Why don’t you give it a try? I’ll rout for you.

Posted: 09 April 2005 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

Seeds, watering? It’s in the word.

He taught them many things by parables, and in his teaching said: “Listen! A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed, some fell along the path, and the birds came and ate it up. Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root. Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants, so that they did not bear grain. Still other seed fell on good soil. It came up, grew and produced a crop, multiplying thirty, sixty, or even a hundred times.”
Then Jesus said, “He who has ears to hear, let him hear.”
Mark 4:2-9

Now how can that weird you out, ha ha. grin
But what does it all mean?

Then Jesus said to them, “Don’t you understand this parable? How then will you understand any parable? The farmer sows the word. Some people are like seed along the path, where the word is sown. As soon as they hear it, Satan comes and takes away the word that was sown in them. Others, like seed sown on rocky places, hear the word and at once receive it with joy. But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. Still others, like seed sown among thorns, hear the word; but the worries of this life, the deceitfulness of wealth and the desires for other things come in and choke the word, making it unfruitful. Others, like seed sown on good soil, hear the word, accept it, and produce a crop–thirty, sixty or even a hundred times what was sown.” Mark 4:13-20

This is weird? Sounds simple and liberating to me. Information is knowledge, knowledge is key, and the word of God is full of information.

If this is weird, then call me wierd for Jesus, ha.

Posted: 09 April 2005 01:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

This is weird? Sounds simple and liberating to me. Information is knowledge, knowledge is key, and the word of God is full of information.

If this is weird, then call me wierd for Jesus, ha.

LOL yup, you sure are something for Jesus

Posted: 09 April 2005 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21

I wouldn’t expect someone of such superior status would even be keen to hang out with the likes of us mere mortals. Just be glad that you and I won’t be in heaven to have to listen to her for an eternity.

I’ll buy you a beer, or maybe you would prefer a shot of whisky from your Civil War days, and we’ll make our own party ... smile

Susan

You’re on Susan. Shot and a beer chaser for me. Beats the monster truck races with Chumpion’s sister.

Stay Well
Wot

Posted: 09 April 2005 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

Fencesitter wrote:

The whole “if TheChamp has a sister thread” was totally out of place to begin with. I believe Champ is a good person, I think we need him here literally for argument sake, please don’t jeopardize that.

I apologize for setting up the wrong tone for this thread with a title that was a little too snarky and unfairly targetted TheChamp.

The reason I posted the letter was to use it as an example of how Christians will often hide behind that label and put it out there as if it excuses them from any personal responsibility or accountability to care about the environmental, social or political ramifications of the choices they make as one of the people of the free and capitalist side of world.  None of which was highlighted by the ‘sister’ title ...

I don’t agree that the whole post was ‘crap’ but I do agree that using TheChamp as my token Christian was unfair. 

Sorry TheChamp.  I’ve changed the topic title to remove the spotlight. 

Fencesitter:  You were good to point out my error ...  :(

Wotansson:  Now I really need that beer ...

Susan

Signature 

Posted: 09 April 2005 06:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

Fencesitter:  You were good to point out my error ...  :(

I take the “crap” part back, it was a good example you made:)

Posted: 11 April 2005 01:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21

Wotansson: Now I really need that beer ...

Susan

The next time you are at the opposite extreme of the North Americam continent, the beer is yours.  Since you are a Rasmussen, I will likely make it two beers

Stay Well

Wot

Posted: 11 April 2005 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-01-27

Thanks Fencesitter and Wotansson ... feeling much better, I am, about my faux pas.

Now back to the debate ... smile

Susan

Signature 

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed