Misleading fact about vaccine?
Posted: 20 November 2006 04:08 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2006-07-07

I don't have LtaCN right in front of me, so I apologize.  (My husband borrowed it to read over lunch.)

From memory, it seemed that Sam said the Christian Right was blocking, or attempting to block, the marketing/launching of the cervical cancer vaccine, out of a misguided attempt to keep people from having too much unchristian sex.

But I was watching t.v. the other day and saw an add for the new vaccine.  So it's out there, being marketed, and available at your local doctor's office, one would suppose.

Posted: 20 November 2006 05:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1377
Joined  2004-12-21

From memory, it seemed that Sam said the Christian Right was blocking, or attempting to block, the marketing/launching of the cervical cancer vaccine, out of a misguided attempt to keep people from having too much unchristian sex.

Didn’t have to do with “unchristian sex,” I don’t know what that is.  It had to do with making out-of-wedlock sex less risky, if you can believe that, seems that if you took all STD’s out of the picture, we would all fornicate constantly with anyone who was handy.  Just because the Christians would doesn’t mean we all would, but they don’t know that.

A Bush appointee to the FDA made some noises along these lines, and a few of the dominionists spoke about it, but in the end it was approved and is available everywhere.

Signature 

http://powerlessnolonger.com

Posted: 20 November 2006 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

[quote author=“hampsteadpete”]It had to do with making out-of-wedlock sex less risky, if you can believe that, seems that if you took all STD’s out of the picture, we would all fornicate constantly with anyone who was handy.

...that’s what I meant when I said “unChristian sex”.  raspberry

A Bush appointee to the FDA made some noises along these lines, and a few of the dominionists spoke about it, but in the end it was approved and is available everywhere.

Well, I assumed as much, seeing it on t.v.  Thanks Pete!

Josie

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed