The Holy (Zodiac) Bible
Posted: 22 November 2006 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

I watched a google video last night that I found quite entertaining. One of the speakers in it is a man named Jordon Maxwell. He's an expert on the occult and occult symbols and mythology. He claims that the bible is based on "the greatest story ever told," astrology. Jesus is "pisces," Mary is "virgo," and when asked when Jesus will return, he replied, "in the new age," that being aquarius.

enjoy!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6410112404402873027

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 24 November 2006 03:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  985
Joined  2005-12-16

[quote author=“rab”]I watched a google video last night that I found quite entertaining. One of the speakers in it is a man named Jordon Maxwell. He’s an expert on the occult and occult symbols and mythology. He claims that the bible is based on “the greatest story ever told,” astrology. Jesus is “pisces,” Mary is “virgo,” and when asked when Jesus will return, he replied, “in the new age,” that being aquarius.

enjoy!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6410112404402873027

New Age, especially when it goes back to its roots in history, is the most entertaining and benign religion today. Long live New Age!

Thomas Orr

Posted: 18 December 2006 08:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2136
Joined  2006-02-20

Last winter, or spring, I watched Sam give a talk on C-Span 2, (Book TV?)  Someone in the audience asked what he thought of the new physics.  He replied, “It’s getting harder to tell when physicists are joking and when they’re not.”  (laughter).

I try to understand the Nova specials about String Theory,gravity, fractals, black holes, etc., but can’t.  It’s as though science is falling down a rabbit hole and finding that nothing is quite what we thought it was. (Champ, of course, imagines that the helter-skelter ride down the rabbit hole is going to land the scientists in the King Champ Bible).

Does the New Age religion include atheists? 

In ‘Further Adventures of Alice’, the Walrus replies to the White Rabbit’s claim that we don’t exist:

“Whether we exist or not doesn’t seem to matter.  Have you noticed?  We still have to carry on just the same.”

Lao Tsu commented, “The intelligent man knows when to stop.”  Pretending that I am intelligent, I stop with Newton.  That is, I prefer not to slide down a rabbit hole where people in another dimension play croquet using stiffened flamingos as mallets (don’t know if this is Mr. Dodgson’s imagery, or Disney’s).

‘Academic scientists’ say that New Age is pseudoscience, but going down those rabbit holes is putting them in even more fantastic realms.

Signature 

“The simple fables of the religious of the world have come to seem like tales told to children.”  - Nobel Prize recipient - Francis Crick

“It is time we recognized the boundless narcissism and self-deceit of the saved.” - Sam Harris

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed