1 of 2
Hillary's Prez candidacy about to be SUNK by a liberal?!!?!!
Posted: 10 April 2005 05:37 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

I guess you could call this the children eating their own? Huge lib Ed Klein (no friend of a Blue state) is about to lower the boom on Hillary with a book that contains revelations that hitherto have not been know. This is a fascinating development as Klein is an ex lib who worked for a variety of progressive publications. I guess money talks and politics walk.

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3hb.htm

You libs, batten down the hatches, circle the wagons, the number one dem prez candidate might be this year’s Kerry/Swift Boat story. Or will she survive this one politically? Everybody should read some earlier books on her actions during Bill’s first term. Frankly speaking, that scared me off, put me off, disgusted me…etc. But hey, anybody can change. I just saw Hillary on C-Span yesterday, talking the same old stuff, “this administration is looking like the first ever to leave us more unsafe, less secure, blah, blah, blah….(heard it a million times out of her, can’t take this kind of talk seriously anymore).

Well, being that politically, I am a Republican, I can only hope her approval ratings will match those of Michael Jackson….72% disapprove. Because, right now there is not another serious candidate coming out of the dems ranks.

Posted: 10 April 2005 07:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1229
Joined  2004-12-22

http://www.usatoday.com/community/chat_03/2003-07-11-klein.htm

And of course Champion, being a loving and compassionate Christian you are elated about this?

well Klein is looking for one thing money, and I remember reading his books about the Kennedy’s and his articles about the Reagan’s.

Since the book isn’t published yet, maybe this is a just some swiftboat style hype huh?

I mean this, are people going to actually READ the book?  or just read snippets like this then make assumptions that what the book says about hilary must be bad without knowing anything at all?

I have no doubt Hilary is an ambitious woman who has made decisions based on her ambition.

Here is one for your side, does this look like God’s work? or using God and his followers to further your own ambition?

http://www.harrywalker.com/speakers_template.cfm?Spea_ID=184

PS.  I notice Ralph Reed’s indirect involvement in some gambling money and raketeering cases in El Paso has failed completely to make the news.  Apparently one of the companies he advised used some very questionable practices to shut down the competition, some Indian gambling company.  He is just as ambitious no?

[ Edited: 10 April 2005 07:59 PM by ]

Posted: 10 April 2005 07:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

I’m am a Christian, but I am an avid watcher of politics. No harm in that?

Besides, I don’t like hillary very much because her political views are anti Christian, or so it seems.

Posted: 10 April 2005 08:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-22

re read, how do you feel about Mr Reed?

power corrupts Mr Champion, and it doesnt matter whom

People that say crazy things about being Christian like Mr Delay while trying to hide his corruptions are fooling YOU, not me.

Some Christians in this country seem to give anyone that says they are a Christian a Free pass to do anything, and totally suspend any moral or ethical accountability because “A fellow Christian wouldnt do that” despite the convictions of “Christians” every day. 

From that nutty mass murder church member to the priests cases of sexual abuse to Tom Delay squirming around trying to avoid proof of his greed and lack of integrity, I object to THIS about the Christian right, not only do you put blinders on when it comes to your faith, you put blinders on when it comes to Morals and Ethics among anyone that just SAYS oh I am Christian.

Please for the love of God, wake up.

Posted: 10 April 2005 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-22

Greencastle, IN: Why call it a curse? Aren’t the Kennedys poster children for bad parenting? Numerous examples of husbands/fathers philandering, wives that “take it”, etc.? Isn’t this a learned behavior of irresponsibility?

Edward Klein: The curse is a combination of two factors, in my view. First, classic hubris, in which the Kennedys act as though they are beyond the rules that govern the rest of us, arrogant and feeling omnipotent.

Secondly, there is a good reason to believe that the Kennedys carry a variant a gene called by scientists the thrill-seeking gene that makes the Kennedys take risks that put them into a collision course with reality and result in disaster and tragedy.

A thrill seeking gene?  which chromosome is this on? where is the evidence for this statement? what is his good reason?

anyone?

Posted: 10 April 2005 08:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

Iisbliss, you said:  “Some Christians in this country seem to give anyone that says they are a Christian a Free pass to do anything, and totally suspend any moral or ethical accountability because “A fellow Christian wouldnt do that” despite the convictions of “Christians” every day”

My sediments exactly! Only the logic is twisted. See, folks like Hillary and Howard Dean say they are Christians, so this gives them the right to break all the rules? Dean thinks the book of Job is in the NT….ya right. Hillary, what can you say about her? From what I can gather, the woman speaks vile half truths all the time, barbecueing the religious right. No Christian in their right mind is going to go around demonizing other Christians. Therefore, the conclusion is logical.

I like Bush’s Christianity. Have you noticed that despite the fact that Hillary, Kerry (who I hear started going to church regularly during the campaign, still going?), T Kennedy and a whole lot of others….despite the fact that they continually insulted Bush’s integrity via cheap politics, insulted his family name, insulted his decisions, accused him of every dirty trick while saying he was totally incompetent (which was it, smart enough to steal the presidency, or too dumb to run it? wish you guys could make up your mind..), BUT… have you noticed (to the point now) that you have never heard a cross word back to the accusers. Never did Bush return the insults and intrigue. Oh yes, he played politics, but he did it gently, pointing out errors or inconsistencies with his opponent, not vile insults. Now that is the mark of a good Christian.

Might I also add that Bush talked about his relationship with Jesus when it was not known if it would cost him the presidency. He did it because it was real. Might I also add that Bush holds bible studies in the White House. Bush proudly followed his religion despite the fact that the pundits all said it couldn’t be done and still get elected. Now THAT….is faith!

Posted: 10 April 2005 09:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-22

Bush signed the death warrents of 157 people in texas while he was governor

some mentally ill, some had lawyers that slept through trials, some had trials that lasted 2 weeks, and some women.

he also signed a law that allowed termination of life support for “hopeless’ medical cases as judged by a Dr. and based on the ability to pay.

Now out of the other side of his born again mouth, he says to err on the side of life?

hello

Bush is the worst of the lot, he is a used car salesman.

Here, just like the bible, you can find anything you need to support your side on the internet

http://www.bushkills.com/

Posted: 11 April 2005 03:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

Iisbliss, you’re clutching straws, my friend.

Posted: 11 April 2005 04:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-22

ha, at least my straw isnt a 3000 year old collection of oral tradition mythology passed down in a small tribe in a tiny section of what was even then the least civilized part of the world = )

Posted: 11 April 2005 05:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

Sometimes you miss the true beauty of something by not clearly inspecting it. Mythology?

Allow me to clarify something. I don’t want to judge her Christianity, just disagree with it (judge not lest ye be judged). I guess, I can’t see how anybody could love Jesus and have her views, hey, but who am I? I have my own opinions on things.

Posted: 11 April 2005 05:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

I can’t see how anybody could love Jesus and have her views

You can’t, can you?  Just one small thing, Champ, how are her views more harmful then this view?

Dt.21:18-21 “If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.”

I am no fan of HC, but I would much rather have her in charge than this God!  Before you say what you did the last time I brought this quote to your attention, I did not pull it out of the hat, or take it out of context.  “Israel shall hear, and fear.”  Those are ringing words, and , if you are to be believed, they are the words of YOUR GOD.  What part of that don’t you understand?  What part of that did you rather we didn’t?

You can’t run from those words, or hide from them, they are the literal words of God, right?  Bring on Hillary, we will be better off with her running things than a guy who thinks, with all his heart, that he is on a mission from your God.

William

Posted: 11 April 2005 05:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

[quote author=“TheChampion”]
Allow me to clarify something. I don’t want to judge her Christianity, just disagree with it (judge not lest ye be judged). I guess, I can’t see how anybody could love Jesus and have her views, hey, but who am I? I have my own opinions on things.

Dear Champion,

Absolutely… judge not lest ye be judged!

Your words, and yet, you promote a book which passes judgement on what personal matters might (or might not) have transpired behind closed doors between a wife and husband?  And you do this because you do not agree with her politically?  Or religiously?  So who are you?  Apparently a mean and spiteful little man with warped opinions.

Posted: 11 April 2005 05:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

Can’t apply the OT to today since Christ was the fulfillment of the law. Now we must follow Christ’s example. Paul says to strive to be perfect as your father in heaven is perfect. Paul rails against sin and gives many instructions on how to avoid it, overcome it, and how to be a Christian. See the topic, “page 18 and already an eyebrow raising error.”

Soooo, if you have a God who instructs his followers to do good works (pray for your enemies, feed the poor, cloth the naked, help out others, etc.), is this not the kind of God you want to server? I would think so….

Posted: 11 April 2005 05:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

Sorry, I just don’t understand.  Why did god change his laws?  and his personality? and his temperment? and his very character?

Your ideas really confuse me.

Posted: 11 April 2005 05:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

I also don’t get what you’re talking about with Paul.  I thought you were a follower of Jesus.  Then you talk about what Paul said and God instructing his followers…  Was Paul god too?

Posted: 11 April 2005 06:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

Oh, I see!  So we can disregard the OT, is that right?  Gee, all this time I thought that the whole silly book was the literal word of God, and it all had to be obeyed.

So, that means that only NT ideas are important, and need to be followed.  Jesus trumps the OT, and all that has gone before was just there to sort of “prepare the way for the Christ.”  Is that right?  Do I understand at last?  Has the light of truth dawned?

If I am wrong, please tell me, Oh Champion, ‘cause I have been laboring under the believe that Genisis is literal truth, now you tell me It is only a folk myth preparing the way for the Christ.  I mean, either the laws are the word of God, or the whole damn thing is a sham.

How do you get to interpret some things one way, and some another?  Gee whiz, if science were like that, we would have had a theory of everything years ago.  Who cares that those damn equations become meaningless at the quantum level, hell, we can just ignore them.  But, you don’t have the slightest damn idea of what I’m talking about, do you?

Which is it, Champ, is the OT myth, or the literal word of God - you can’t have it both ways.

William

1 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed