6 of 6
Part II: Evolution takes a beating, live coast to coast!
Posted: 29 April 2005 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

Exactly.  By dying on the cross (which was not an uncommon fate in those days) he would save the souls of all mankind… and he knew beyond a doubt that he would be resurrected in 3 days, and ascend to heaven not long after.  And he STILL tried to get out of it.  That’s not a hero.  Spidey would give his life to save ONE person, even not knowing he’ll go to heaven afterwards.

Posted: 30 April 2005 07:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

An obvious, probably redundant thought:  In a couple thousand years, when Christianity has become as obscure as the worship of Odin, will Spiderman be embraced as a sort of messiah?  Or any other superhero, really.  Hey, maybe even Thor!
Some of the origin stories are as compelling as Judeo-Christina mythology, and there is a lot of material.  Stan Lee for God!
To put a different spin on it, if comics survive for thousand of years and other literature somehow becomes less well sustained, would people see that as a sign of Divinity?
Or if they had the internet thousands of years back, would there be so much other fiction and mythology that no one cult could have come to supremacy?
History is so fickle.

Posted: 30 April 2005 08:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2005-04-02

Spidey would give his life to save ONE person, even not knowing he’ll go to heaven afterwards.

You got that right. Go Spidey!

Posted: 09 May 2005 10:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2005-04-25

Didn’t seem like he was eager to do battle against the forces of evil.

Can’t hollywood ever get it right? They always mess up the classics. Batman 1 was the only good batman. The first spiderman was ok. But most everytime hollywood remakes something, it usually is flat. This new Dukes of Hazzard movie coming out, I bet that will suck as well. Oops, cuse the language.

How about the west wing, you see on the Drudgereport.com who the next president of the united states is? Hollywood, you need some new decision makers….

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

6 of 6

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed