RankRankRank
Total Posts:  707
Joined  2005-05-16

You’re welcome.

Posted: 16 January 2007 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  407
Joined  2005-06-16

I used to enjoy a visit but not anymore….
too pro Israel for me…
LOL

enough of that everywhere else!!!
quote…“Israel is an american value’

Posted: 17 January 2007 12:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2006-10-03

Lots of Atheists seem to be left on the war on terror way too much.
They tend to have a huge problem with identifying the victim and the aggressor. 
There are a few like me, who look at situations in depth on an individual basis.  I think I tend to post about Israel so much because I want to educate the Atheist community a bit.
And there is too much anti-Israel nonsense flying around the internet, so I try to counter it.

Posted: 17 January 2007 05:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  407
Joined  2005-06-16

[quote author=“theatheistjew”]Lots of Atheists seem to be left on the war on terror way too much.
They tend to have a huge problem with identifying the victim and the aggressor. 
There are a few like me, who look at situations in depth on an individual basis.  I think I tend to post about Israel so much because I want to educate the Atheist community a bit.
And there is too much anti-Israel nonsense flying around the internet, so I try to counter it.

Yeah…okay I can see how you’d feel but wanting to counter the nonsense - plenty of that flying around the net. - that’s why I stay off the net sometimes. A little goes a long way….

But I think the “israelis’ also have a problem with identification - imo they have become the ‘aggressor’ while claiming the ‘victim’ stance - something that’s worn quite thin. They have lost a lot of support around the world lately by their own actions - can’t deny that.  That’s also my opinion which sadly has changed from being quite pro ...to being ...how can I put nicely….skeptical. The war of terror seems to be a huge benefit to the Israelis & various Governments while not securing anyone’s lifestyle including people in the US, Britian and Australia. Yes the individual suffers.

Also…as an Australian I’m a little vexed at the concentration on the MiddleEast while we have problems closer to home - nothing at all to do with the Jews. I guess your interest in the “War on Terror’ reflects that….Do you have stories on your blog re: the Indonesians, Bali bombings etc…...Nah?
Thats my point. If you have ...I’ll eat my dog.

I am a Lefty….so to speak and that’s something I’ve witnessed as an effective counter action to political violence. I remember Vietnam. I think public opinion is very important - so do you…that’s how come so much interest is shown in controlling it & influencing it, by a number of means…including ‘education’ by individuals who believe they have the ‘truth’.

Before I’m accused of anti semetism….I love the jewish culture - its more or less entwined with my own. Not to mention the humor…love it! I think you are funny in a Elvis Impersonator kinda way…..a nice bloke but I don’t dig your politics.

Posted: 23 January 2007 12:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Rank
Joined  2006-10-03

I admit to being aware of my cognizant of my ethnicity, hence my ID The Atheist Jew.  Yes, Israel matters to me over other political issues like Darfur for example, because of my Jewish identity.  My family is mostly Jewish, albeit mostly secular….but still believers, and if another Hitler came along anywhere on the planet, Atheist Jews like me would still be “picked on.”  Hitler and other ravenous Jew haters don’t really focus on religious beliefs, but ethnicity instead.
This makes support Israel, because it could happen again, and recently in France a couple of thousand of Jews took off to Israel citing increased anti-semtism.

You are one of the Lefties I’m talking about (note: I’m a social Lefty).  The fact that Israel lost points recently is just proof of a political Leftist mentality that is prevalent in Europe for example.

Maybe you can explain how Israel are the “aggressors.”  Put yourself in their shoes and tell me what exactly they should do?

Posted: 23 January 2007 01:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Rank
Joined  2006-10-03

What Political Lefties don’t get about Israel?

What attracts Atheist Jews to Israel?

What I should add is that around 3 years I was sympathetic to the Palestinian cause, I also assumed the Exodus really happened and a historical Jesus existed (I was an Atheist back then, but I’m much more learned now).

Through my readings, I have concluded that Jesus most likely never existed, the Exodus did not happen and was loosely based on the Hyksos, and the Palestinians deserve very little if no sympathy.

Read the links I provided to see my side.

Posted: 27 January 2007 07:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-01-27

To speak in Sam Harris’s terms rationality is key. I am proud of my Jewish heritage and I love our culture. Although every person within my family believes in G-d, I still find the idea ridiculous. I love Israel and I am pro-Israeli. This being said, my beliefs are not swayed by my personal affiliation. Yes, my personal affiliation led me to my present beliefs (way back when I wan’t an Athiest), but my rational thinking keeps me understanding them. I am pro-Israeli due to many reasons, but all of my many reasons are rational and based on facts. I have yet to hear a rational argument from those who support the Palestinian side.

To snakechic Yes, I am aware of the problems Australia is facing, and it is unfortunate that a great deal of the media is based on the Middle East. However, as you might be aware, there are a great deal many Arab countries and they are not of a small size. Hence, their incredible (although not credible on many points) P.R.. It is due to the fact that a good percentage of the world is of arab ethnicity that the media is revolving around the Middle East Conflict. Unfortunately, there tends to be sanity in numbers. Majority, unfortunately, has the floor. Personally, I feel that many issues must be addressed in the media, but being an Athiest, one learns that he/she cannot have it his/her way in most cases.  lol However, I do feel that Israel is under great scrutiny. Additonally, I do not feel that the opposing side receives even one-fifth of the scrutiny Israel does. Although I can understand why this is so, we have yet to mass produce alternative energy cars, and oil is a greatly desired import product. However, I do not feel that the corruption of present-day politics justifies the fact that Israel is always being critisized for the majority of its actions, and the “Palestinians”, or Iran or Syria are not. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has blatantly said that his wish is to wipe Israel off the map, and all of the U.N. remains silent. Then he pursues nuclear weapons when the U.N. specifically forbid it, and nonetheless nothing is being done. But “god” forbid that Israel enters into a war with Lebanon to retrieve its soldiers, who were kidnapped by Hezbullah, then everyone starts protesting and yelling genocide all of the globe. Even when the day after the kidnapping, the leader of Hezbullah states on television (I was in Jerusalem at the time) that he was completely justified to kidnap the soldiers and if their requests (the release of hundreds of terrorist prisoners) are not fulfilled, those two soldiers are going to die. I have yet to see Israel try such a tactic with the Arab countries. Not only is it completely unjust to release hundreds of dangerous men and dangerous for Israel, it is dangerous for the rest of the world, as well. This is how I feel about the situation as a whole, the Arab countries are bears, who are very angry with the human (israel) standing in front of them. It is useless to try “diplomacy” or to try to talk to the bears, and tell them not to attack him, because it won’t help. However, if the human takes a weapon of some sort and threatens the bears with it, the bears will think twice before attacking.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed