2 of 3
"doctor" James Kennedy
Posted: 16 May 2005 04:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1377
Joined  2004-12-21

And just who do you think is going to vote to tax them?  The current congress?  Don’t be absurd.  If you ignore them, they will not go away, they will get stronger!

They are counting on making most of their gains while the rest of us are caught up in “fairness,” which is exactly what they are counting on with the ID crap.  You live in VA.  Write a letter to the editor of your local paper along the lines of your original ID post, and see what happens.

Fall asleep, fail to take them seriously, and you will wake up in a theocracy.  Don’t count on “reason” to defeat ID.  The overwhelming majority of the American people don’t understand enough science to even follow the arguments! 

ID is a wedge, designed to accomplish nothing less than setting the stage for the removal of any scientific principle that conflicts with the christian religion (which is most everything) totally from the public school system.

You snooze, you lose!

Signature 

http://powerlessnolonger.com

Posted: 16 May 2005 04:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  131
Joined  2004-12-23

Hampsteadpete said <your original ID post>

I guess I need to know what “ID” is - I went back a few posts, but I still don’t know

Posted: 16 May 2005 05:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21

Oh my goodness!  Is my face red!  I confused your post with something I read in another thread.  I apologize.

ID is “Intelligent” Design.  This is a “theory” being advanced currently that claims that life is so intricate that it must have been “designed” by an intelligent designer.  They attempt to pass this “theory” off to sympathetic school boards as an “alternative” that should be taught alongside evolution.

Sorry to jump you like that.

Pete

Signature 

Posted: 16 May 2005 05:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

for example, is Australia’s rupert murdock a “religious” individual? - is “salem communications” the voice of “god”? - is our media being controlled by such “religious” nuts when, in fact, they simply want to live an excessively padded life on this planet at the expense of all else - the truth shows that idiotic media, such as Fox, damage society with their inaccurate, distorted reporting - the worst offenders are persons such as james kennedy, who are taking advantage of their tax breaks to dictate absurd points of view on the rest of us

If I was christian I would be fearful of this dude being the “great deceiver” in the second coming play. Then again, as the great deceiver, he would likely be praised instead. Just like all the other nutbar televangelists prowling the countryside.

Given the national “situation”, what exactly can the rational among us do to stop this wako movement?

Posted: 16 May 2005 05:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-23

Oh! - you mean “Intelligent design”? - that’s what “ID” is? - sure, intelligent design to me means that a superior alien society accidentally made some DNA and let it loose on planet earth

this position is as logical, or even more logical, than a “god” who created the entire universe, yet is simultaneousy outside it - and has desires and emotions that can be predicted

the universe-creating “god” position is, of course, untenable - religious right persons will probably want to bury our society into darkness - but either they will be quieted down, or we will be invaded by more intelligent countries (i.e., those who know truth and reality), such as Canada or Mexico (or even Brazil)

so, since I don’t have the nonprofit status to promote normal (used to be “common”) sense without financial burden, I know what is true and what is real - and I certainly don’t need a contradictory and too-often rewritten “bible” to guide me

Posted: 16 May 2005 12:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2005-04-25

Dobson will be an unstoppable force in the politics arena. How are you going to stop him, the man is as clean as a whistle. He has helped millions of families with sound practical advice. He has the ear of politicians and activists alike (even those that despise him).

So, if you can beat em, join him. wink

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 16 May 2005 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-23

Champ: it’s very nice that “Dr.” dobson has helped millions, so has oprah and “I love Lucy”

about “unstoppable force”, are you suggesting that dobson is going to “force” his vision on the rest of this nation, or the world? - like a dictator?

and why state “if you can beat em”? - are you a violent sort of individual?

Posted: 16 May 2005 02:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-25

fjlomnix, Oprah and Lucy in the same category with a “Dr.” who has helped millions of families raise grounded children?

What has Lucy done? Don’t get me wrong, everbody loves Lucy, I just caught 10 minutes of her yesterday before Fox’s Sunday Best came on last night. But, somebody like Lucy who makes US laugh and Oprah who makes US think, they are not in the same category as a teacher who “teaches” US to think. Raising kids is the most sacred responsibility on this earth. Those who teach people on how to raise their kids are on a different level then others.

Which leads me to the next theme, teachers, who are the unsung heros. Teachers have a huge responsibility. Do we want teachers who are extremely flawed in their reasoning (i.e., there is no God and science is all you have, so get used to thinking that there is no afterlife and you’ll never see your loved ones again, plus, there are no moral absolutes so make sure you go out and sin as often as you can while you can, ooooh, let me take breath….).

Dobson is only asking for sound logic and reasoning during a time of crisis where political correctness paralizes the actions that we used to take for granted, such as prayer in school, or Ten Commandments in the public square.

Dobson says a well rounded child is one who includes religious and spiritual training with the other educational disiplines. The stats and the facts speak for themselves. So let’s just let him get his legislation’s past through and everybody (i.e. society at large) will be much better.

Let’s also let him get the right judges in there (i.e. get rid of the liberal activist judges) and lets get on with sound reasoning from the high court’s bench and beyond.

No mess, no fuss, no problems. Just good stuff for our society. Anybody got a problem with that?

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 16 May 2005 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21

Boy oh boy!  You don’t even have a clue how sick that crap is!

Signature 

Posted: 16 May 2005 05:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-25

hampsteadpete, what are you talking about? Dobson is above board, clean as a whistle, intelligent, thoughtful, etc. What is not to like?

Signature 

Posted: 17 May 2005 01:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21

There is a real good reason why we refer to the last time the christians were in charge as the “dark ages.” 

Do we want teachers who are extremely flawed in their reasoning (i.e., there is no God and science is all you have, so get used to thinking that there is no afterlife and you’ll never see your loved ones again, plus, there are no moral absolutes so make sure you go out and sin as often as you can while you can,

Why dont you just admit that it is the END of scientific exploration that is your real goal, and the rest is just a pretense.  You want it stopped before more irrefutable evidence is discovered negating your silly book of fantasy. 

Do I want the christian church in charge of morals?  Not on your life!  You are the bloodiest religion in the history of the planet, and your silly book is full of so many contridictions, it is amazing that you can quote it at all.  Even the decent moral parts are stolen from earlier civilizations and religions.  There is absolutly nothing unique in christianity, and if you cant see that, you are more of a fool than I think you are!

Signature 

Posted: 17 May 2005 03:41 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-23

I tend to agree with Hampsteadpete - “christianity” has proven to be a very destructive way of life - this planet does not need any more destruction, espcially not in the enormous scales of historical christendom

also, the use of the prefix “Dr.” is very misleading, since Dobson is really not a practicing physician, i.e., he is a “PhD”, NOT an “MD” - there are plenty of theology or other graduates with “PhD” who take the “Dr.” title - but they too are not practicing physicians - thus the impression that the individual with the “Dr.” title really has the necessary background in medicine, is clearly misleading -

neveretheless, dobson has apparently discovered a formula that requires biblical teachings and interpretations (I don’t know which bible version he promotes, KJV?) in order to “teach” parents and children how to live “successfully” - that may be fine for some families, especially for those who expect to follow the way of life proposed by dobson

however, when the “dobson way of life” experiences any of a variety of real-life perturbations, such as latent homosexuality in any of the family members that is realized, abortion questions (including related issues such as gender selection), death penalty (can a christian really support a “death penalty” as if they are “god”?), stem cell research (to obtain new medications for devastating medical conditions), choosing whether to suipport nuclear power (just what does the bible say about that!), going to war (to obtain more fossil fuels to continue driving our cars, etc.), etc., dobson really has nothing useful to offer - therefore, he should just keep his message focuses on interpersonal relations within families, not politics - he is really not qualified to go into politics

and I agree with hampsteadpete that dobson and others in the religious community cannot accept scientific inquiry or peer review that involves the scientific method - since their ideas are unsustainable - most religious “leaders” do not seem to have the time to perform any type of scientific inquiry, because they seem to be spending (or “wasting”) all their valuable time on this planet interpreting the bible to support their narrow views of society

Posted: 18 May 2005 02:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-23

Let’s see what this dj kennedy has to say to listeners of public radio (geez, how many religious fanatics have the time to listen to NPR, when they have so much bible interpretation to do?)

Fran Lorin

Posted: 20 May 2005 06:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-23

you can hear the recent interview between Terry Gross and DJ Kennedy on the website of the radio program Fresh Air (on NPR), the program dated 5/18 (Wednesday) - you can also hear the relevant subsequent interview with Frederick Clarkson - then judge for yourself whether DJK is way off his rocker or not

Fran Lorin

Posted: 27 May 2005 09:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  237
Joined  2005-04-28

[quote author=“fjlomnix”]you can hear the recent interview between Terry Gross and DJ Kennedy on the website of the radio program Fresh Air (on NPR), the program dated 5/18 (Wednesday) - you can also hear the relevant subsequent interview with Frederick Clarkson - then judge for yourself whether DJK is way off his rocker or not

Fran Lorin

I listened to the interview.  He’s definitely off his rocker.  He’s clearly a revisionist spouting bold-faced lies about history to back his theocratic aspirations.

2 of 3

‹‹ GodAssault! (Rated NC-17)      Jack van Impe ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed