Joel Osteen
Posted: 24 April 2005 03:05 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  131
Joined  2004-12-23

what a nice guy - always preaches that everyone should be good to each other - geez, "just be good and god will look good on you" - as if people can't be "good" without reading the bible - olstein has a nice setup - never looks directly at the camera - yet acts as if the audience is a bunch of nutcases who cannot behave properly in today's society - but he is certainly entertaining in the nicest sense

if only all preachers can be like Olsteen - rather than like van Impe or "Dr." James Kennedy, who want to change society into their interpreted visions - also, some preachers of avarice, like Ken and Gloria Copeland and "Creflo Dollar" and Taffi (why did he choose his name to be "Dollar", does he have german ancestors? have apparently successfully twisted bible passages to support their "vision" of wealth for all their followers

Posted: 03 May 2005 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-23

yes, Joel Osteen has an apparent track record showing his compassion for humanity - even though he is somewhat predictable in his general theme, I often find his program refreshing - he will be appearing in the MCI Center in DC, and he is one preacher I can bear (for about an hour)

then we can compare Joel (or, more accurately, contrast) and his style and general underlying theme with “Dr.” James Kennedy who seems to want to simultaneously use technology to advance his positions on society, and to destroy technology with his crazy “Creation Studies Institute” - it is clear how inconsistent James is - how can a person establish an “Institute” for biblical creationism, yet continue to use the very technology he despises to promote his unscientific view of the world?

Fran Lorin

Posted: 03 May 2005 03:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1377
Joined  2004-12-21

If the bible is the infallible word of your god, why does it need to be interpreted?

Signature 

http://powerlessnolonger.com

Posted: 04 May 2005 02:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-23

Pete said:

If the bible is the infallible word of your god, why does it need to be interpreted?

actually, the infallible work of MY “god” is the Periodic Table of The Elements - a bible that is put into a form that is understandable by all “normal people” in this world - it doesn’t need “interpretation”, only explanation

anyway, was your post directed in response to my post? - or did you mistakenly post your question in this thread?

Posted: 04 May 2005 05:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1229
Joined  2004-12-22

I voted for Robert Tilton.

He has the absolutely best take on the Bible, send him money and God will bless you.

‹‹ Jack van Impe      John Hagee ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed