2 of 4
10 Reasons For Apostasy on Christmas: Inspired by Sam's book
Posted: 13 January 2007 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2007-01-12

You see, you tell me these stories about the use of condoms in Africa being condemned by Christians, when in fact it is the Catholic Church only that does this.  And you say, aren’t those one in the same?  No they are not.  Some Catholics are Christians, but it is hard for me to endorse a church that makes claims like this.  And if you do some comparative religion, you will find some fundamental differences in the Catholic faith and the Christian faith.  The belief in a need for the Pope and the belief in the need to pray to Mary is not biblical. 

The thing that really gets me about atheism is that the vast majority of you group Christianity in with every other faith that exists out there.  This is the first err of your ways. 

1500 years, 40 authors, 60 books on one single subject.  Christ.  And none of it contradicts itself.  Its amazing to me how you can read the Book of Daniel and not see that this is the keyhole to all biblical prophesy, and that the remarkable accuracy, 100% accurate in fact, of the prophesy in the book can be written by an uninspired human without the hand of God involved. 

Only one man makes the claim to be God.  Jesus.  He is theoanthropic.  God-Man.  And the remarkably identical accounts by which Matthew, Mark, Luke and John describe His ministry, his death, his resurrection, and his ascension are far far to accurate between them to be a mere coincidence. 

Isaiah alone, written over 800 years before Jesus was even born, is 100% percent accurate on how Christ will come, be crucified, rejected and wounded for our transgressions.  You cannot deny that this remarkable accuracy is anything more that inspired by God. 

The book of Genesis describes how the seed of a women will crushe the head of the serpent, and his heal will be bruised.  Jesus, defeating Satan, but having to give his life for the ultimate victory.  How can you think that this is fiction? 

The book is completely falsifiable.  I would like to hear one explanation of how the Bible has somehow been inaccurate on its enlightenment about anthropology alone, much less harmartiology, theology proper, soteriology and the like.  The only answer you ever give is that “you Christians have no defense but to quote some book.” 

It is 100% accurate, and you cannot prove otherwise.  I would to hear your attempt at trying to prove the Bible wrong.  But you cannot, you use reason to believe that its highly improbable to have happened this way.

Try this.  Take a big bowl of alphabet soup, with many copies of the alphabet in the bowl.  Many thousands of vowels and consonants alike.  Take a big handful of those letters and throw them up against the wall.  The likelihood that we existed from nothing is about as likely as you getting an exact replica of a Shakespearian sonnet with those letters. 

And before you use the age of the earth thing as your argument, remember this.  We believe in a Sovereign God, who created the heavens and the earth with one breath.  He created it as He pleased, which could mean that the radioactive dating that you use existed there as He created the earth.  There are many debates about the age of the earth, and I cannot tell you where I stand.  I believe that the earth is 6 days older than man. 

Please prove to me that the Bible is NOT the inerrant word of God.

Posted: 13 January 2007 01:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  318
Joined  2006-03-23

[quote author=“nothingbutthebloodofjesus”]Please prove to me that the Bible is NOT the inerrant word of God.

Deal.  But first, you must prove that God, as outlined in Christianity, exists.  Then we can discuss your inerrant book.

Posted: 13 January 2007 01:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2007-01-12

[quote author=“FaixaPreta”][quote author=“nothingbutthebloodofjesus”]Please prove to me that the Bible is NOT the inerrant word of God.

Deal.  But first, you must prove that God, as outlined in Christianity, exists.  Then we can discuss your inerrant book.

You didn’t read the whole thread.  The Bible is 100% falsifiable.  The starting point, where Man was created, is near the Tigris and the Euphrates river.  A REAL place, not made up.  That would negate the Bible completely if so.  Then you must prove that He is who He says He is.  And that is done by prophecy.  There is not one single prophecy that was made in the Old Testament about Jesus that, when fulfilled, wasn’t fulfilled exactly, and I mean identically to how it said it would be.  What more proof do you need?  Is this book just absurdly, overwhelmingly lucky?  The prophecy alone proves the existence of God.

Posted: 13 January 2007 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2005-10-30

The ordinary believer needs powerful phrases
and images to get liberated from the powerful
misleaders of all churches.

For opening,  write a quick letter
on the Jewish theology which is so ridiculous that only
very narrowminded individuals can accept it.

Spinoza had exposed Judaism, and earned the eternal fame.

The Christians and Muslims can not claim
superiority once this is done.

The purpose is to eliminate the Jewish
theology, but to save the ordinary Jewish
believers from further conflicts.

This may guide Israel to a different path, too.

They - we - are not served well by the old myths.

Posseidon can be a more potent protector than YHWEH.

To me the best parody on religion is Oedipus.

Next, show bad images of the inquisitory
handling of victims:

1. 30 year prison terms for abortion in El Salvador
2. Amputations in Saudi Arabia
3. Stoning in Iran

Bring in the freedom-promising Enlightened codes.

Posted: 13 January 2007 02:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  765
Joined  2006-08-16

[quote author=“nothingbutthebloodofjesus”]The Bible is 100% falsifiable.  The starting point, where Man was created, is near the Tigris and the Euphrates river.  A REAL place, not made up.  That would negate the Bible completely if so.

Sorry, but the early hominids from which man (homo sapiens) decended originated in South Africa , far from the Tigris and Euphrates rivers. Therefore your Bible cannot be true and your God does not exist.

[quote author=“nothingbutthebloodofjesus”]Try this. Take a big bowl of alphabet soup, with many copies of the alphabet in the bowl. Many thousands of vowels and consonants alike. Take a big handful of those letters and throw them up against the wall. The likelihood that we existed from nothing is about as likely as you getting an exact replica of a Shakespearian sonnet with those letters.

Since there is no conclusive evidence of how life may have originally developed from inanimate matter, how can you say what the odds may or may not be? Besides, no matter how remote the odds may have been, they are only probabilities and do not prove that it couldn’t have happened.

Signature 

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire

“Rational arguments do not work on religious people, otherwise there would be no religious people.”—Dr. House

Posted: 13 January 2007 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2007-01-12

Thats funny how you say with such certainty that the first hominids came from South Africa, a very debatable argument in the scientific community.  They were “thought” to have come from there.  Thats the key word, “thought.”  Funny how I said earlier 60 books, 40 authors, 1500 years about 1 single subject that doesn’t not contradict itself, and yet you cannot find me 2 people in this era alone that exactly agree on even one single subject of science.  But thats what you call the “beauty” of science right?  That so many can disagree with each other, and yet all be convinced of the very things they disagree with each other on.  Thats really funny actually.  There is no acquiescence in the scientific community about a single subject, other than there was no purpose whatsoever for us being here.  No reason, no anything but existence.  Remember the 60’s, and the emergence of existentialism.  Manifest destiny right?  How did that work out for this country?  That arguably the worst decade in morality that this country has ever seen, and their children are now paying the price for their Godless, blatant denial of something that is purely self-evident.  Now we have spawned Generation Y, or the Mosaics, or whatever they are now.  I have never seen more disrespect in a generation for their elders, more complacency, and more ignorance, and more moral sewage than what has come from this recent generation. 

Thank you 1960’s.  Thank you existentialism.  Thank you free-thinkers.  Thank you for this morally bankrupt country we live in now. 

And none of you can explain to me where you get your sense of justice from can you?  You cannot explain it away to some Darwinian heritage, where altruistic behavior was blah blah blah blah blah.  You don’t need anybody to tell you that murder is wrong.  No, you have that in you from birth. 

And we are all cousins right?  You are a cousin to the plants and animals you eat for dinner.  Do cousins murder each other?  That seems altruistic to me.  Murder your cousin.  Excuse me for a minute.  I have to go water my cousins in the backyard, and then I have to mow my cousins when they get too tall.  Then I have to kill my cousins when my cousin grass gives way to weeds. 

I guess my cousins could be responsible for the moral bankruptcy we live in today.  After all, I am murdering my cousin every time I eat a nice, fat, juicy, delicious New York Strip.

Posted: 13 January 2007 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  765
Joined  2006-08-16

[quote author=“nothingbutthebloodofjesus”]Funny how I said earlier 60 books, 40 authors, 1500 years about 1 single subject that doesn’t not contradict itself, and yet you cannot find me 2 people in this era alone that exactly agree on even one single subject of science.

Much like your 60 authors couldn’t agree on the order of creation , the location of Jesus’ first sermon , Jesus’ last words , or the number of children Michal had .

You also said:

The prophecy alone proves the existence of God.

So why didn’t Jesus return before the generation had passed ?

Signature 

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire

“Rational arguments do not work on religious people, otherwise there would be no religious people.”—Dr. House

Posted: 13 January 2007 03:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2007-01-12

You are identical to every other person that tries and fails miserably to dissprove the Word of God. 

It’s amazing how you can take 1 tiny glimpse of a passage and dissect it as if it were contradictory.  Your hermeneutical method is really laughable when it comes to the science of it that you so preach. 

“Now learn the lesson of the fig tree.  As its twigs get tender andits leaves come out, you know that summer is near.  Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, at the door.  I tell you the truth, this generation shall not pass.”

You see, thats what you were quoting.  “This generation” refers to the analogy drawn here from the fig leaf.  It had nothing to do with the generation they were living in at the time.  I cannot even believe that you would begin to use that as a valid argument.  Many theologians look to the fig leaf as the nation of Israel.

Posted: 13 January 2007 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2007-01-12

Luke 6:12 one of these days Jesus went to a mountainside…

Its truly like taking a literary critic of a play that stated:

“This play is surely not orginal and breathtaking.” 

Then you condense what the critic said down to “...original and breathtaking…” 

That is without question what you are doing here with these passages.  Take a little bitty tiny piece of the text and narrow it down to a few words without even analyzing the entire text.

Posted: 13 January 2007 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-23

[quote author=“nothingbutthebloodofjesus”]The starting point, where Man was created, is near the Tigris and the Euphrates river.  A REAL place, not made up.

Santa lives at the North Pole.  The North Pole is a real place, not made up.  So far, your statements and mine are equal.  I don’t have any compelling reason to believe that man was created, and you don’t have any compelling reason to believe that Santa actually exists.

Then you must prove that He is who He says He is.

No.  That’s your job.  Nevertheless, you’ve put the cart before the horse here.  Why should I believe in god (or God if you prefer) in the first place?  Again, zero compelling evidence.

And that is done by prophecy.

Lame.

There is not one single prophecy that was made in the Old Testament about Jesus that, when fulfilled, wasn’t fulfilled exactly, and I mean identically to how it said it would be.

Your argument boils down to this: The bible is true because it says it’s true.  Utterly ridiculous.  If that’s all ya got, I prophesy that you will be a short timer on the Sam Harris forums. 

What more proof do you need?

World peace?  I’d settle for an appearance on Larry King for starters. 

Is this book just absurdly, overwhelmingly lucky?  The prophecy alone proves the existence of God.

Just out of curiosity, did you read either of Sam’s books?

Posted: 13 January 2007 03:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2007-01-12

SA2 6:23 Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death.

SA2 21:8 But the king took the two sons of Rizpah the daughter of Aiah, whom she bare unto Saul, Armoni and Mephibosheth; and the five sons of Michal the daughter of Saul, whom she brought up for Adriel the son of Barzillai the Meholathite

Another laughable falacy.  You actually need to pick up the Bible and read it before you take this for face value. 

2 Sam 21:8 says ...together with the 5 sons of Sauls daughter MERAB

I guess you think the names Michal and Merab are the same huh? 

What absolute poor poor poor poor poor poor poor scientific method. 

Do your own research, you are really looking bad here.

Posted: 13 January 2007 03:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1538
Joined  2006-12-04

Thanks, FaixaPreta.

I was so blown away by the preposterousness of this poster’s posts, I was speechless.

Signature 

“The hands that help are better far than the lips that pray.”
          — Robert G. Ingersoll

Posted: 13 January 2007 04:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2007-01-12

[quote author=“FaixaPreta”][quote author=“nothingbutthebloodofjesus”]The starting point, where Man was created, is near the Tigris and the Euphrates river.  A REAL place, not made up.

Santa lives at the North Pole.  The North Pole is a real place, not made up.  So far, your statements and mine are equal.  I don’t have any compelling reason to believe that man was created, and you don’t have any compelling reason to believe that Santa actually exists.

Then you must prove that He is who He says He is.

No.  That’s your job.  Nevertheless, you’ve put the cart before the horse here.  Why should I believe in god (or God if you prefer) in the first place?  Again, zero compelling evidence.

And that is done by prophecy.

Lame.

There is not one single prophecy that was made in the Old Testament about Jesus that, when fulfilled, wasn’t fulfilled exactly, and I mean identically to how it said it would be.

Your argument boils down to this: The bible is true because it says it’s true.  Utterly ridiculous.  If that’s all ya got, I prophesy that you will be a short timer on the Sam Harris forums. 

What more proof do you need?

World peace?  I’d settle for an appearance on Larry King for starters. 

Is this book just absurdly, overwhelmingly lucky?  The prophecy alone proves the existence of God.

Just out of curiosity, did you read either of Sam’s books?

Your prophecy is hillarious actually.  You draw comparison between that and Biblical prophecy?  Tell me the exact date and time I will be removed from this forum, down to the nanosecond, and that might validate your argument.  You know those were made 800-1200 YEARS before they happened.  How do you explain that exact luck???  About as probable to be luck as us coming from nothingness.

Posted: 13 January 2007 04:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2007-01-12

[quote author=“HappyHeathen”]Thanks, FaixaPreta.

I was so blown away by the preposterousness of this poster’s posts, I was speechless.

I would love to hear the preposterous nature of how I believe Michal and Merab to be different names.

Please explain that one to me.

Posted: 13 January 2007 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-03-23

[quote author=“nothingbutthebloodofjesus”]Your prophecy is hillarious actually.  You draw comparison between that and Biblical prophecy?  Tell me the exact date and time I will be removed from this forum, down to the nanosecond, and that might validate your argument.  You know those were made 800-1200 YEARS before they happened.  How do you explain that exact luck???  About as probable to be luck as us coming from nothingness.

I couldn’t help but notice that you didn’t even attempt an answer to the relevant question: Why should I believe in god? Typical faith-head.

edit for coherence

[ Edited: 13 January 2007 07:39 PM by ]

2 of 4

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed