Joined  2006-03-26

Seems there's a new religion and it's sweeping across the UK:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/1589133.stm

A Jedi you will be!

http://www.cspacezone.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/enguarde.gif

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 27 December 2006 05:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24

We had the same thing happen in the US in the last census. I think the Jedi religion is really just a bastardization of Taoism though.

Byron

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

Posted: 27 December 2006 10:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  626
Joined  2006-08-01

Give it 500 years or so.
Their believers will be talking about the miracles the old Jedi could perform. Lord Yoda and his acrobatics. Master Luke, may he have glory forever, and his years in space where he battled the dark force and converted his own father and rescued him from the claws of evil.

They will talk about how the old powers are lost, due to the immorality of man. Probably sexrelated.
They will search for the lost chronicles, known only as 7, 8 and 9.

And let’s not forget St. George Lucas, the prophet, may he have glory forever, who brought the truth to Earth. Surely that had to be the work of Jedi. No man could ever come up with a story filled with such greatness.

Give it time.

Signature 

“If your original Hebrew disagrees with my original King James—- your original Hebrew is wrong.”—FSTDT

Posted: 28 December 2006 04:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5404
Joined  2006-09-27
[quote author=“SkepticX”]We had the same thing happen in the US in the last census. I think the Jedi religion is really just a bastardization of Taoism though.

I really question whether Jedi is an offshoot of Taoism. After all, the Jedi arose a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. :wink: We are only just now finding out about it. It seems implausible that the Jedi culture would ever have found out about Taoism and been influenced by it. :?  raspberry

[quote author=“Storm”]Give it time.

Given enough time, anything can happen. Maybe the proto-Jedi came through a wormhole to visit Earth recently, and brought back news of Taoism to their end of the Universe. rolleyes

Signature 

INVEST in cynicism!

Posted: 29 December 2006 02:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  121
Joined  2006-04-27

[quote author=“Storm”]Give it 500 years or so.
Their believers will be talking about the miracles the old Jedi could perform. Lord Yoda and his acrobatics. Master Luke, may he have glory forever, and his years in space where he battled the dark force and converted his own father and rescued him from the claws of evil.

They will talk about how the old powers are lost, due to the immorality of man. Probably sexrelated.
They will search for the lost chronicles, known only as 7, 8 and 9.

And let’s not forget St. George Lucas, the prophet, may he have glory forever, who brought the truth to Earth. Surely that had to be the work of Jedi. No man could ever come up with a story filled with such greatness.

Give it time.

Hahaha. Could be. I wonder if Jedists will be killing each other over rival interpretations of the “gospel”? Really, this “religion” is just as probable (or ‘inprobable’ I should say) an explanation of human existance and a source of morality as Christianity and/or Islam. God exists outside of time and space and picked a time arbitrarily to expose the truth to the world through his divinely inspired written word….... the Jedi god could be doing the same thing, only a little later and with a different medium….

Posted: 29 December 2006 06:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1377
Joined  2004-12-21

And let’s not lose sight of the fact that there is a hell of a lot more actual, physical evidence for the existence of the Jedi than there is for Jesus Christ.

Signature 

http://powerlessnolonger.com

Posted: 19 January 2007 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  621
Joined  2006-12-05

I wonder if Jedists will be killing each other over rival interpretations of the “gospel”?

I’m predicting the first schism over whether or not the three prequills count as cannonical works or apocraphal. 

I’d be a “purist” Jedi: only New Hope, Empire and most of Jedi (up to but not including the Ewoks) count as the sacred revealed Word.

Posted: 21 January 2007 06:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  313
Joined  2006-11-03

Yoda—Rock, he does!

I’m going to start practicing my Jedi skills right away.  Especially the one where you wave your hand in front of someone’s face, and they just agree with whatever you say or do.  Think how convenient that would be for getting into clubs or overbooked restaurants, and avoiding speeding tickets and such.

Posted: 22 January 2007 08:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  621
Joined  2006-12-05

Yoda loves me, this I know.
For George Lucas tells me so.
Little green man looks like frog,
walks with cane and lives in bog.
Yes, Yoda loves me.
Yes, Yoda loves me.
Yes, Yoda loves me.
George Lucas tells me so. 

-Song I saw posted somewhere else.

Posted: 24 January 2007 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-01-24

Brilliant.

Posted: 25 January 2007 07:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-01

Beautiful, that was, NobleSavage.  The Jedi, conquer the world, certainly will. Hmmmmm.

Signature 

“If your original Hebrew disagrees with my original King James—- your original Hebrew is wrong.”—FSTDT

Posted: 09 February 2007 04:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1024
Joined  2006-09-13

If you’re not familiar with Quantum Physics, this might sound strange - but there is actually a “Force” throughout the universe that permeates all life. It’s called the Higgs field. In short, everything is both a wave and a particle - the Higgs boson gives all particles their mass and corresponding fields - the Higgs boson is the Higgs Field. “The Force” is as true as life itself. Quantum Physics is the most proven theory in the history of mankind - and this year, with the Large Hadron Collider going live, we just might detect the “holy grail” of quantum physics - THE FORCE - the Higgs field/boson.  **Note the one-loop Feynman diagram that shows what the field actually does - corresponding EXACTLY with the Taoism Yin/Yang.

There is no emotion; there is peace.
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
There is no passion; there is serenity.
There is no chaos: there is harmony.
There is no death; there is the Force.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_field

http://www.physorg.com/news63980736.html (Matter/Anti-Matter “dance” oscillates on-off at 2.8 trillion times a second)

Signature 

“All religions are valid, NONE are literal.” -Joseph Campbell

Posted: 09 February 2007 05:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-01

Well, that made me order my Jedi robe.

With extra huge sleeves.

Signature 

Posted: 11 February 2007 04:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  402
Joined  2006-07-08

Where can I get my Midichlorian count checked?  My Doctor just gave me a blank stare…there must be a clinic…perhaps in a more enlightend country..you hear me Sweden? :wink:

Signature 

History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake.

-James Joyce

Posted: 12 February 2007 04:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-08-01

incidentally I am a licensed Midichlorian counter. I use the trusted ‘bank account method’, where you send me your bank account numbers and I count your Midichlorians.  :D

Signature 

Posted: 13 February 2007 09:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  402
Joined  2006-07-08

I guess what works for Robert Tilton then works for the Jedi religion.  Oh, well.

“In God we trust!  All others, cash must pay!

Signature 

History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake.

-James Joyce

1 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed