Another problem with "liberals"
Posted: 07 January 2007 01:40 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  924
Joined  2006-09-07

Priorities seem to be mixed up. Police worry about the privacy rights of conviced killers, but harrass innocent people out of political correctness.
http://www.freestudents.blogspot.com/
"Sunday, January 07, 2007
Killers walk free police reluctant to tell public. "

Signature 

“Capitalism without failure is like religion without sin. It doesn’t work.”—Alan Metzer

Posted: 07 January 2007 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1241
Joined  2006-11-05

What does that have anything to do with liberals? A criminal in prison for murder is a person in prison. A person on the street who’s insulting the government structure is a threat, physically, if they decide to use force.

Posted: 07 January 2007 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  222
Joined  2006-07-03

After reading the first piece about the freed killer, I read through the other pieces. I must say that most of the blog’s positions were my own. One notable exception was the one about global warming, because a counter trend in New Zealand does not disprove the rule. Another that made me suspicious was the girl being arrested for wetting her pants. While there was some poor judgement involved, there had to be more to that story. That story reminds me of one that is common among the religious right. You know, when little Billy is jerked up out of his lunch seat and sent to the principle’s office for saying grace before eating. Nevermind that little Billy may have been intentionally and repeatedly disruptive by saying it out loud, perhaps even very loud, for all to hear!

As for the article you referenced, it does seem that the UK is especially fucked up. Being somewhere between the US and Western Europe in their politics, they have managed to retain ideological baggage from both the Right and Left.

Posted: 07 January 2007 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-07

[quote author=“Bad_Conduct”]What does that have anything to do with liberals? A criminal in prison for murder is a person in prison. A person on the street who’s insulting the government structure is a threat, physically, if they decide to use force.

Its a liberal government (labor party) that created the policies of putting murderers in prisons they could escape from by just walking away. Its the Labor party that created policies of “respecting the privacy rights” of criminals. Its the Labor party that is making these insane policies of harrassing innocent people while treating real criminals with kid gloves.

Who said anything about anyone “insulting the government structure”? Who used force, besides the escaped killers and the police, and the thug harrassing people in the restaurant?

Signature 

“Capitalism without failure is like religion without sin. It doesn’t work.”—Alan Metzer

Posted: 07 January 2007 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  775
Joined  2006-12-04

Liberal: any person who does anything bad or foolish.

I might consider this thread trolling, but it doesn’t measure up.

Posted: 07 January 2007 12:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-07

[quote author=“Joad”]Liberal: any person who does anything bad or foolish.

You said it, not me.
LOL

No, a “liberal” is someone who thinks with his feelings, instead of his head. And a conservative is someone who doesn’t think. The consequences are the same.

Signature 

Posted: 07 January 2007 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-04

SaulOhio,

I can always count on you to be inconsistent.

You criticize Liberals for being too lenient on criminals, and in the next breath you criticize Castro for being too harsh on criminals.

Posted: 07 January 2007 10:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-07

[quote author=“Joad”]SaulOhio,

I can always count on you to be inconsistent.

You criticize Liberals for being too lenient on criminals, and in the next breath you criticize Castro for being too harsh on criminals.

When did I say that? As usual, you claim I said something that I never said, when in fact, its the other way around. Castro is VERY chummy with American murderers.

Joanne Chesimard is wanted for escaping from prison in Clinton, New Jersey, while serving a life sentence for murder. On May 2, 1973, Chesimard, who was part of a revolutionary activist organization known as the Black Liberation Army, and two accomplices were stopped for a motor vehicle violation on the New Jersey Turnpike by two troopers with the New Jersey State Police. At the time, Chesimard was wanted for her involvement in several felonies, including bank robbery. Chesimard and her accomplices opened fire on the troopers, seemingly without provocation. One trooper was wounded and the other was shot and killed execution-style at point-blank range. Chesimard fled the scene, but was subsequently apprehended. One of her accomplices was killed in the shoot-out and the other was also apprehended and remains in jail.

This is from a list of 77 fugitives from the law that are thought to be living in Cuba under Castro’s protection.

So again, WHEN DID I SAY WHAT YOU SAID I SAID? Because I didn’t.

Signature 

Posted: 07 January 2007 10:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-07

http://www.coxandforkum.com/archives/07.01.04.MadameSpeak-X.gif

Signature 

Posted: 08 January 2007 07:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-04

SaulOhio,

Seems the US is very friendly with terrorists who have blown up civilian airliners and killed innocents.

Luis Posada Carriles and Orlando Bosch for example.

Maybe the US should work out an extradition treaty with Cuba.

Posted: 08 January 2007 08:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-07

[quote author=“Joad”]SaulOhio,

Seems the US is very friendly with terrorists who have blown up civilian airliners and killed innocents.

Luis Posada Carriles and Orlando Bosch for example.

And how does that prove me wrong on ANYTHING? The American government, neither in domestic OR foreign policy, has NOT been based on Objectivism, or really any principle at all. It has been mostly pragmatic for most of the last half-century. So what?

Signature 

Posted: 08 January 2007 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-04

SaulOhio,

I apologize. I thought that from the topic you were just engaging in Liberal Bashing.

I didn’t realize you were running campaign ads for the Objectivist Party.

The American government, neither in domestic OR foreign policy, has NOT been based on Objectivism, or really any principle at all.

You have a formidable task if you seek to replace the US Constitution with “The Fountainhead”.

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed