1 of 2
Don't quote the Bible out of context!!
Posted: 03 February 2007 12:17 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2006-09-21

Another great youtube video from Nick Gisburne. Makes sense to me, if a christian can say a nice happy passage from the bible then i should be able to say one of the many fu**ed up ones back without them giving the all too farmiliar "out of context" response.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KsJvLjqkpPc&mode=related&search=

Posted: 09 February 2007 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2007-01-06

“This video has been removed due to terms of use violation”.

That is on the link you provided. Looks though Youtube is run by bloody bigotted Christians. This means WAR.

Signature 

em hotep

Rev. Robert Tobin (Minister, First Church of Atheism)
Thank “god” I am Atheist grin

Posted: 10 February 2007 04:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  54
Joined  2006-09-21

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fRPVsamLaKk

This is bullshit, he made a video about the violence in the Quran. The video was direct quotes from the Quran. For this youtube deleted all his videos and banned him.

Posted: 10 February 2007 08:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1587
Joined  2006-10-20

Somebody else re-posted the banned video.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ksJKqtzm1-Y

Signature 

“All extremists should be killed!” - neighbor’s bumper sticker

Posted: 14 February 2007 06:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2007-02-13

[quote author=“eccles”]“This video has been removed due to terms of use violation”.

That is on the link you provided. Looks though Youtube is run by bloody bigotted Christians. This means WAR.

How can you generalize about us as a Christian nation. We are loving and kind people, unlike some atheists that I know who are to stupid to accept the truth. Don’t geleralize (and please note that I did NOT generalize) 

I will answer questions presented in this sig:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

1. God is able to do everything! He does not stop something events happening to show us our mistakes.
2. He is able AND willing. You just wish to ask a question.
3. Evil exists in the world because Adam and Eve sinned against God.
4. He is both able and willing. We call Him God because He is worthy to be called such a high name. That’s why.

Posted: 14 February 2007 08:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  390
Joined  2006-10-12
[quote author=“All4Him”]How can you generalize about us as a Christian nation.

We are loving and kind people

please note that I did NOT generalize

:?:  :?:

What I note is that you can’t spell, you can’t think, and you are a bigger moron than most of the other of the so-called Christian trolls who post nonsense in this forum.

Signature 

“Believe those who seek the truth; doubt those who find it”—Andre Gide

Posted: 16 February 2007 11:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

I wish I had a dollar for every time the word “doom” is mentioned in the Koran.  LOL

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 24 February 2007 06:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2006-11-30

[quote author=“All4Him”]3. Evil exists in the world because Adam and Eve sinned against God.

What?  You actually believe this crap?  How in the world can anyone with a brain in their head (with an average IQ) actually believe this horse shit?

It’s the 21st century and stupid people still believe crap written for unsophisticated, uneducated, illiterate, ignorant peasants living in the early first millennia.  How f**king deluded can you be?

Posted: 25 February 2007 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2007-02-25

What? You actually believe this crap? How in the world can anyone with a brain in their head (with an average IQ) actually believe this horse s***?

It’s the 21st century and stupid people still believe crap written for unsophisticated, uneducated, illiterate, ignorant peasants living in the early first millennia. How f**king deluded can you be?

Why do you care what he believes? Why must you attempt to insult his intelligence? So you think that everyone with different views than your own is unsophisticated, uneducated, and ignorant? Well, I say that in itself is unsophisticated, uneducated, and ignorant.

P.S. If you feel the need to curse, please do it. Or don’t bother. Curse words with little stars in the middle are annoying.

Posted: 26 February 2007 12:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24

[quote author=“pitman”]Why do you care what he believes?

Good question. I find that curious in most cases of hard core believers and trolls of various types.

[quote author=“pitman”]Why must you attempt to insult his intelligence?

Another good point. All4Him did a fine job of that all on his own, so why not leave a job done well alone? Insulting the intelligence of someone who does it himself so well is akin to a healthy, full grown man “competing” against a child in a strength-based contest of some sort, or redundantly emphasizing an already well made point.

[quote author=“pitman”]So you think that everyone with different views than your own is unsophisticated, uneducated, and ignorant?

Where’d you get that idea? RickM clearly stated only that he thinks “stupid people still believe crap written for unsophisticated, uneducated, illiterate, ignorant peasants living in the early first millennia.” He didn’t generalize anywhere near as much as you’re trying to suggest.

[quote author=“pitman”]P.S. If you feel the need to curse, please do it. Or don’t bother. Curse words with little stars in the middle are annoying.

A lot of online forums (even this one, if I’m not mistaken), insert the asteriks automatically, and a lot of forumites respect even such delicate sensibilities of others. I don’t tend to personally. I think those who are that fucking delicate need to get over themselves and deal with reality, and they certainly shouldn’t expect to impose their fragility upon the rest of the world (we’ll see if the filter asteriks over the “bad” word there). But I have no problem with those who feel otherwise about proper respect for others (and I don’t know what sort of age restrictions, if any, apply here). 

Byron

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

Posted: 26 February 2007 01:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-12

[quote author=“pitman”]Why do you care what he believes? Why must you attempt to insult his intelligence? So you think that everyone with different views than your own is unsophisticated, uneducated, and ignorant? Well, I say that in itself is unsophisticated, uneducated, and ignorant.

I think the point is that Christian trolls in this forum hosted by author Sam Harris contribute approximately as much useful and edifying as screen doors on a submarine.

They do nothing but annoy the predominately educated, well read, and, yeah, secular people on this forum who appreciate Sam Harris’ writings, and, sorry, they are idiots not because their viewpoints are different, but precisely because their viewpoints ARE idioctic.

Signature 

Posted: 26 February 2007 03:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2007-02-13

[quote author=“mahahaha”][quote author=“pitman”]Why do you care what he believes? Why must you attempt to insult his intelligence? So you think that everyone with different views than your own is unsophisticated, uneducated, and ignorant? Well, I say that in itself is unsophisticated, uneducated, and ignorant.

I think the point is that Christian trolls in this forum hosted by author Sam Harris contribute approximately as much useful and edifying as screen doors on a submarine.

They do nothing but annoy the predominately educated, well read, and, yeah, secular people on this forum who appreciate Sam Harris’ writings, and, sorry, they are idiots not because their viewpoints are different, but precisely because their viewpoints ARE idioctic.

/scratches head

Posted: 26 February 2007 03:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-12

[quote author=“windar”]/scratches head

Q.E.D.

Signature 

Posted: 26 February 2007 03:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5404
Joined  2006-09-27

[quote author=“mahahaha”]Q.E.D.

I “doubt” anything is here proven. I am catching on, am I not?

Somehow, mahahaha, I’m getting better at knowing when you’re joking.  :D

[ Edited: 26 February 2007 03:23 AM by ]
 Signature 

INVEST in cynicism!

Posted: 26 February 2007 03:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-12

[quote author=“Salt Creek”]Somehow, mahahaha, I always know when you’re joking.  :D

Mahahaha is an equal opportunity offender, and reserves the right to discriminate regardless of religion, creed, educational degree, resume, social status, country of origin, yearly income, etc.

[ Edited: 26 February 2007 03:27 AM by ]
 Signature 

Posted: 26 February 2007 03:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5404
Joined  2006-09-27

[quote author=“mahahaha”]

:?:

Sorry. See my amendments above.

Signature 

INVEST in cynicism!