2 of 2
Don't quote the Bible out of context!!
Posted: 26 February 2007 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2007-02-25

They do nothing but annoy the predominately educated, well read, and, yeah, secular people on this forum who appreciate Sam Harris’ writings, and, sorry, they are idiots not because their viewpoints are different, but precisely because their viewpoints ARE idioctic.

Maybe that’s “predominantly,” you smug prick.

I think the point is that Christian trolls in this forum hosted by author Sam Harris contribute approximately as much useful and edifying as screen doors on a submarine.

How do you contribute “useful?” Or “edifying?”

Posted: 26 February 2007 10:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2007-02-13

Is that all you got pitman?

You are typical of all believers who have nothing more to say. Resorting to insults and trying to put people on the spot because of spelling errors doesn’t make you look smarter, it just makes me want to ignore you.

Good bye and good luck.

PS How many spell checks to you use before posting your comments? Must suck always having to make absolutely sure you didn’t misspell a word, kind of cramps your style of quick, snippy, rude, insulting responses huh?

Posted: 27 February 2007 01:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  390
Joined  2006-10-12

[quote author=“pitman”]Maybe that’s “predominantly,” you smug prick.

Thank you for the tip, but note I’d rather be able to think clearly than spell correctly, you self-important putz. 

BTW, having a little trouble turning the other cheek, “Christian?”.  WWJD?

How do you contribute “useful?” Or “edifying?”

Here’s a clue:  read, think, ruminate, post.  Spouting dogma and biblical nonsense on an atheist website is neither “useful” (something from which others may benefit) nor edifying (something from which others may learn). 

The people on this site (you trolls excluded) are not the sort of insecure, mentally challenged losers who are susceptible to evangelical prostelitizing.

You want converts:  go find a crack house.

You want to contribute:  learn to think critically.

Signature 

“Believe those who seek the truth; doubt those who find it”—Andre Gide

Posted: 27 February 2007 06:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2006-11-30

I apologize for cursing.  It’s just that I have been an atheist all my life and for 62 years I’ve been putting up with this superstitious crap (toned down from BS); I’m just simply fed up with it.

I’m sick of people thinking they are supposed to get some kind of accolade for being “religious”.

I’m sick of people thinking it’s a virtue to be superstitious.  How insane is that?

I’m sick on people saying, “well, the bible tells us….”.

I’m sick of people saying, “so you must think we come from pond scum”.

I’m sick of people saying, “so you must think we came from monkeys”.

I’m sick of backing off when someone makes some stupid God-comment (especially on the work environment, though I’m retired now).

I’m sick of people implying the bible is a source of moral values and therefore I have none.

I’m sick of people ignoring history; Christ never existed, the bible is just another cut and paste version of all the other mythologies.

I’ve just had enough of all that ignorant crap.

Posted: 27 February 2007 07:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-12

[quote author=“RickM”]Christ never existed

Hmmm.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2007/02/24/james-cameron-has-found-jesus-christ-literally/

Signature 

Posted: 27 February 2007 07:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5404
Joined  2006-09-27

[quote author=“mahahaha”][quote author=“RickM”]Christ never existed

Hmmm.

Shrug. Cameron documents some bones that somebody found.

I think the upshot of Cameron’s discovery, if Christianity is true, is that we will all be resurrected as boneless chickens. :D

Signature 

INVEST in cynicism!

Posted: 27 February 2007 07:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-12

[quote author=“Salt Creek”]Shrug. Cameron documents some bones that somebody found.

I think the upshot of Cameron’s discovery, if Christianity is true, is that we will all be resurrected as boneless chickens. :D

While I suspect that this “documentary” likely is just a lot of flash and bling a la “The DaVinci Code”, the upshot of Cameron’s discovery, if IT is true, is that Christianity ISN’T.

Wouldn’t THAT be a kick in the pants.  Hope springs eternal… 8)

Signature 

Posted: 27 February 2007 08:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2006-11-30

On the Jesus bones (IMHO):

If some fellow named Jesus, whose mother’s name was Mary and father’s name was Joseph, walked the planet 2000 ya, it says nothing.

Christ is a fictitious character created by a spin-off cult and given a bunch of outrageous attributes (virgin birth, miracles, resurrection) designed to influence/control unsophisticated, uneducated, illiterate, ignorant peasants.  (Kinda sounds like Mithra 2.0).

People can believe whatever they wish, but if you think someone died and rose three days later (like the moon) don’t be shocked if others think you’ve got a screw loose.  Furthermore, don’t shove it down my throat (privately or publicly) and at the same time call it a virtue.

These goofy Christians, et al, have been spewing this nonsense all my life and I think it’s way past time for us to push back.  Call a spade a spade; these people are nuts.  There was no exodus, there was no flood, the earth is more than 6000 yo and the bible was written by a bunch of jerks in the business of creating a religion and praying on the weakness of ignorant peasants.

Posted: 27 February 2007 09:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  102
Joined  2007-02-13

[quote author=“RickM”]I apologize for cursing.  It’s just that I have been an atheist all my life and for 62 years I’ve been putting up with this superstitious crap (toned down from BS); I’m just simply fed up with it.

I’m sick of people thinking they are supposed to get some kind of accolade for being “religious”.

I’m sick of people thinking it’s a virtue to be superstitious.  How insane is that?

I’m sick on people saying, “well, the bible tells us….”.

I’m sick of people saying, “so you must think we come from pond scum”.

I’m sick of people saying, “so you must think we came from monkeys”.

I’m sick of backing off when someone makes some stupid God-comment (especially on the work environment, though I’m retired now).

I’m sick of people implying the bible is a source of moral values and therefore I have none.

I’m sick of people ignoring history; Christ never existed, the bible is just another cut and paste version of all the other mythologies.

I’ve just had enough of all that ignorant crap.

Good points RickM. I’m 46 and I believe i’m just as fed up as you are of hearing the same crap over and over again. I decided just recently to speak my mind. I’m no longer afraid to anger someone over my frame of thought (I don’t like the word beliefs) and I’ve been respectful of anyone religious but in all my years I have never met a religionist who has shown me the same courtesy. I understand the fact that they don’t realise what they’re saying is insulting to me but I can no longer take it. I’ve had my full.

Posted: 27 February 2007 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-10-12

[quote author=“RickM”] These goofy Christians, et al, have been spewing this nonsense all my life and I think it’s way past time for us to push back.

Absolutely.  “Liberals” who by nature are tolerant, free thinking and generous, have been perhaps too complacent during the last 10 or 15 years while a true “vast, right wing conspiracy” and their so called Christian agenda organized,  took over our schools, then our local governments, and finally the national government.  In the process, they have proved inept, corrupt, idiotic, and downright insane.  A foreign policy based upon biblical prophesy!  Denial of global warming.  Denigration of the environment.  Curtailing sex education and controlling the textbooks in our schools, teaching intelligent design and creationism. Government off the backs of corporations, but on the backs of people in their homes , bedrooms and in choosing what to do with their own bodies.  Tax breaks for the rich and political cronies.  A war based upon lies against the wrong country, lining the pockets of war profiteers, while Islamic terrorism continues to flourish and remain a threat to world peace.  Etc. Etc. Etc.

I am so done with and sick of these people as well.  No more Mr. Nice Guy.  Do what you want in the privacy of your own home, but stay the fuck out of my way in public. Religion is personal and private; it has ZERO to do with government, politics, and public education.  ZERO.

Signature 

2 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed