2 of 5
Christian Terrorism
Posted: 08 June 2005 05:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2005-04-25

Landulf II, I feel for ya buddy, all that hate must somehow eventually be internalized. I bet its hard to smile and laugh with friends, or do you have any?

I do feel for you sir.

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 08 June 2005 06:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

Funny how someone who opposes gay rights,a women’s right to choose,human sexual freedom,any form of birth control in an already dangerously over-crowded world etc….can accuse me
of hate. Not to mention your belief in, and support of, a hideous
cosmic despot who makes hitler look like Mr. Rodgers.  Any hate I have pales in comparison to your own. Even though your twisted mind seems to believe love is hate and hate is love.

Alot of my “hate” is spawned by people like you and your fellow religious right travellers. Instead of pointing your fingers at me,perhaps you might want to consider why your radical
christian agenda has contributed to such rabid loathing.
I have thrown done the gauntlet,once and for all. After
many years of trying to be tolerant of christians like you,I
can’t seem to help detesting you and those like you for
what you have done and moreover, what you are trying to
do in this nation. Mabye this is personal weakness on my part.
Nevertheless, you people are not at all conducive to bringing
out the “better angels of my nature”, so to speak. Quite the opposite is true.So why not “search your soul” and atleast CONSIDER the possibility of how your agenda and that of your
fellows, has enraged countless individuals like myself. But that
you will clearly NEVER do.

Posted: 08 June 2005 06:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

The champion wrote

I do feel for you,sir.

The last thing I need is your patronizing,phony compassion. It is
as about as genuine the claims in your book of fairy tales. Take to where the sun never shines. Which in your case would be your
brain. :x

Posted: 09 June 2005 02:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  280
Joined  2005-02-24

Seems to me that, applying his own standards, Tchamp is committing a, uh, SIN. What’s his purpose here? Surely not to convert anybody, which he knows damned well is impossible. He sits here smugly, posting his drivel endlessly, apparently making a career of it. Maybe he doesn’t have anything else to do. Pitiful.

His sole purpose is to be irritating, while making himself feel superior. He projects all his own personality flaws on the rest of us. Disagree with him and in his opinion we’ve demonstrated hate, intolerance, stupidity, our closed minds, our supposed anger, from which, he, The Champion, will save us. None of this is really applicable to anyone here but himself. This is pure passive aggression. The guy needs a shrink, and I’m sure his “religious” beliefs will never allow him to admit this to himself.

As for his self-imposed “religion,” it never occurs to him that it’s the exact opposite of Christianity. Yeah, he quotes endlessly from the Bible, but remember that the Devil can quote scripture when it suits him. How come he never quotes any of those many passages about meekness, humility, etc?

As Robert Lowell says at the end of one of his poems:

Pity the monsters.
Pity the monsters.

Posted: 09 June 2005 03:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2005-04-25

MJ, don’t know if you have noticed, but umm, it appears that I’m the one getting bashed by smug, arrogant posters.

Funny how you guys always try to paint others with your own brush.

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 09 June 2005 04:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2005-05-29

[quote author=“TheChampion”]MJ, don’t know if you have noticed, but umm, it appears that I’m the one getting bashed by smug, arrogant posters.

It’s one of the tactics of the weenies one meets online.  It’s called ‘projection’—attribute your own failings to your enemy, and see if you can get him to start denying them.  Then you’ve shifted the subject away from whatever you’re covering up to whether or not he is a good person, or whatever.  He’s now on the defensive, and you can just keep attacking him, since it doesn’t matter what he says.

Somewhere there is a handbook of all this dishonest tactics, all of them relying on impudence and the unwillingness of normal people to suppose someone would be so confident if they didn’t know something about it.  But some of us have been online a while, and we’ve seen it all before.

There is worse than this.  Deliberate dishonesty in posting is something that a small but definite minority of people consider acceptable.  Once you find people lying to you, of course, no conversation can exist.  All they’re doing is using words as tools to inflict injury, and to hell with any concept of meaning or truth.  Nearly all those I have seen online doing this are atheists; plus a couple of Jews.

But of course being wrong is not the same as deliberate dishonesty; repeating hearsay as fact is not the same, or being stubborn about it.  And, in fairness, we shouldn’t class the clearly mentally disturbed in that class either (I’ve come across a couple of religious cranks who tell lies—but the rest of their posts make it plain that they have mental problems of their own).

All the best,

Roger Pearse

Posted: 09 June 2005 04:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  413
Joined  2005-06-05

Actually, it’s obvious that tc (aka PBG) and rog are really satanists.  While pretending that their goal is to ‘bring the heathens to jesus’, they use every means possible (i.e. typing idiotic tripe) to drive us further and further away from christianity. LOL

Signature 

The road of excess leads to the palace of Wisedom
-William Blake, “Proverbs of Hell”

Life, what is it but a dream?
- Lewis Carroll, “A boat Beneath a Sunny Sky

Posted: 09 June 2005 11:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  280
Joined  2005-02-24

” Nearly all those I have seen online doing this are atheists; plus a couple of Jews.”

Wow! Seems to me this pierce guy has shown himself for what he is!

He also wants to know if I’m Michael Jackson. Which slur does he have in mind; that I’m black or that I’m a pedophile?

Why do these guys take it for granted that no Christian would object to what they have to sell? Anyone who objects must be an atheist, or a Jew, or black or a pedophile? Heh! They should check out Jim Wallace’s book “God’s Politics.” He’s an evangelist minister, and he won’t put up with the kind of gibberish Champ or pierce are preaching. Because it’s not Christian. Spawn of the Devil. Tools of the Antichrist.

Just why do they assume I’m not a RC priest? Or a Presbyterian minister?

Posted: 09 June 2005 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  237
Joined  2005-04-28

[quote author=“roger_pearse”][quote author=“TheChampion”]MJ, don’t know if you have noticed, but umm, it appears that I’m the one getting bashed by smug, arrogant posters.

It’s one of the tactics of the weenies one meets online.  It’s called ‘projection’—attribute your own failings to your enemy, and see if you can get him to start denying them.  Then you’ve shifted the subject away from whatever you’re covering up to whether or not he is a good person, or whatever.  He’s now on the defensive, and you can just keep attacking him, since it doesn’t matter what he says.

Somewhere there is a handbook of all this dishonest tactics, all of them relying on impudence and the unwillingness of normal people to suppose someone would be so confident if they didn’t know something about it.  But some of us have been online a while, and we’ve seen it all before.

There is worse than this.  Deliberate dishonesty in posting is something that a small but definite minority of people consider acceptable.  Once you find people lying to you, of course, no conversation can exist.  All they’re doing is using words as tools to inflict injury, and to hell with any concept of meaning or truth.  Nearly all those I have seen online doing this are atheists; plus a couple of Jews.

But of course being wrong is not the same as deliberate dishonesty; repeating hearsay as fact is not the same, or being stubborn about it.  And, in fairness, we shouldn’t class the clearly mentally disturbed in that class either (I’ve come across a couple of religious cranks who tell lies—but the rest of their posts make it plain that they have mental problems of their own).

All the best,

Roger Pearse

You desribed yourself perfectly Rog

Posted: 09 June 2005 12:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-05-29

[quote author=“MJ”] “Nearly all those I have seen online doing this are atheists; plus a couple of Jews.”

Wow! Seems to me this pierce guy has shown himself for what he is!

<smile>  Perceptive?  Rich?  Honest?  Unsettling intelligent and charming?  These are all words I can spell…

Or are we waiting for a bit of racism here, that no Jew can ever do anything wrong?  Because some Jews can be jerks like everyone else.

He also wants to know if I’m Michael Jackson.

No, actually, I don’t.  Trust me on this.

Which slur does he have in mind; that I’m black or that I’m a pedophile? Why do these guys take it for granted that no Christian would object to what they have to sell? Anyone who objects must be an atheist, or a Jew, or black or a pedophile? Heh! ...

I suppose, if you can’t reply to what I do say, you have to scream abuse at me for what you imagine.  Feel free.

Quite what your problem with Michael Jackson is, I don’t know.

Just why do they assume I’m not a RC priest? Or a Presbyterian minister?

Or a coatrack? 

I can tell you’re a jerk.  I presume you’re an atheist.  If you’d like me to categorise your misbehaviour differently, offer evidence and I will.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

Posted: 09 June 2005 12:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-05-29

[quote author=“rabbit”]Actually, it’s obvious that tc (aka PBG) and rog are really satanists.  While pretending that their goal is to ‘bring the heathens to jesus’, they use every means possible (i.e. typing idiotic tripe) to drive us further and further away from christianity. LOL

Actually no.  We just can’t stand the smell when you get too close. smile

All the best,

Roger Pearse

Posted: 09 June 2005 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

In your previous post you wrote

All they’re doing is using
words as tools to inflict injury,and to hell with any concept of meaning or truth.Nearly all those I have seen online doing this are
atheist; plus a couple of Jews.

Then, you wrote

Or are we waiting for a bit of racism here,that no Jew can ever do anything wrong? Because some Jews
can be jerks like everyone else.

Weelll….all I can say is what Ronnie Reagan used to say;” I hate
to say it, but there you go again. rolleyes Are you seriously going to tell me I took your first quote “out of context”, or use some other tawdry obscurantist tactic to disguise your feelings? Sounds like
your initial quote was pretty straightforward to me.Basically,you are implying that a disproportionate number of Atheists and Jews
are guilty of intellectual dishonesty,thus “moral inferiority”. Why not just come out and let your “freak flag” fly, Mr. Pearse?

So your latest buffoonery consists of insulting the intelligence of just about everyone on this forum. Who exactly do you think you’re
    fooling, pearse? You opened your mind for all the world to see.
    First, you make sweeping generalizations regarding Atheists
    and Jews. I guess they are kindred spirits in your conspiracy-muddled,rosenbergesque brain? I hate the nazi comparisons, but
if the shoe fits….Then you cynically try to cover your tracks and
  restore what little credibility you had,which is to say,none.

It’s far too late for that pearse. Your closet(or not-so closet) anti-semitism and anti-secularism, is as obvious at that of louis
  farakann’s in the former,and patrick buchannan’s in both.Your
  pallid attempts to conceal it are remarkably similiar to those
  employed by these two venerable figures.

Most humans with two functioning neurons to rub together realize there are; good jews/bad jews, good atheists/bad atheists,good christians/bad christians etc….

Actually, one COULD argue,these days especially, that all christians are “bad”. I don’t think there’s any ultimate validity to
    that at all. However, unlike their muslim counterparts
  in foreign nations, american moderate/liberal christians do not
face the same threats to life,family and property for speaking out
  and/or ,actively opposing radicals in their flock. Do I condemn them for this?, absolutely not.

Why not? Well, because I understand that tradition,loyalty and
    countless other factors restrain them to one degree or another.
    I also understand that the same accusation could be levelled against many,if not most of us,myself included.

In other words,“we all fall short of the glory of god”,so to speak. Sure moderate/liberal christians could do better,but so could
    many secularists and everyone else.

In any case, your agenda, conceived from your petty malice,is all-too clear. Oh,and sorry if you don’t like the personal attacks

Pot, meet kettle, black.

Atleast my attacks are straightforward. Yours are poorly couched in double-speak and pseudo-intellectual, grossly dishonest,patronizing rhetoric. You have accused just about
  everyone you have “debated”  with here(with the exception of champ) of stupidity,cowardice, dishonesty,hidden agendas,hypocrisy,racism etc…..Then you accuse people
of “projection”. Like Gandalf the white said; “the treacherous are
ever distrustful”. I think you know more about projection than anyone on this forum. Naturally, you will dismiss all this with your
  predictable and tiresome; “beneath my dignity to respond”, method. Get over yourself, pearse. Your titanic ego needs to hit
an iceberg. In any case, two can play at that game. Only I am
  firmly convinced i’m not playing. After this post, I am done with you. Any further dialogue with you is as futile an exercise as dialogue with ann coulter, michael moore,pat robertson,ward churchill or a duck. Have a nice life.

Landulf II

Posted: 09 June 2005 05:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2818
Joined  2005-04-29

RP:

. . . plus a couple of Jews.” . . . some Jews can be jerks like everyone else.

Roger, I suspect you skipped past what Sam Harris says about anti-Semitism, or you would be more careful about your word choice. Of course what you say is technically correct, since Jews are just like everyone else, and some percentage of people are jerks. Actually, 100%, at one time or another. But it’s highly inappropriate.

Signature 

Philosophy may in no way interfere with the actual use of language; it can in the end only describe it. For it cannot give it any foundations either. It leaves everything as it is.
Ludwig Wittgenstein

Posted: 10 June 2005 01:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

you wrote

But some of us have been online awhile and we’ve seen it all before

You questioned why another poster was not “outside on a beautiful summer day, chasing girls”.....Chasing girls?.... should a
good christian like you be condoning that?

Then you said your only reason for being inside was a “bad cold” and asked the other poster what they’re excuse was.

You just keep digging yourself deeper, with every word.  The deeper you dig, the more convinced I am that you are all the things that you accuse others of being, and “god” knows what
else. Seems like you may have one or more personality disorders.
Look them up in the diagnostic and statistical manual of mental
disorders some time.     

All the worst, :twisted:

Landulf II

Posted: 10 June 2005 02:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-05-29

[quote author=“Landulf II”]In your previous post you wrote

All they’re doing is using
words as tools to inflict injury,and to hell with any concept of meaning or truth.Nearly all those I have seen online doing this are
atheist; plus a couple of Jews.

Then, you wrote

Or are we waiting for a bit of racism here,that no Jew can ever do anything wrong? Because some Jews can be jerks like everyone else.

Weelll….all I can say is what Ronnie Reagan used to say;” I hate to say it, but there you go again. rolleyes ...
<abuse>

If you have something to say, why is it that you cannot say it?

I love the racism, tho.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

2 of 5

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed