3 of 5
Christian Terrorism
Posted: 10 June 2005 02:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2005-05-29

[quote author=“homunculus”]RP:

. . . plus a couple of Jews.” . . . some Jews can be jerks like everyone else.

Roger, I suspect you skipped past what Sam Harris says about anti-Semitism, or you would be more careful about your word choice. Of course what you say is technically correct, since Jews are just like everyone else, and some percentage of people are jerks. Actually, 100%, at one time or another. But it’s highly inappropriate.

Why?

All the best,

Roger Pearse

Posted: 10 June 2005 02:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-05-29

[quote author=“Landulf II”] You questioned why another poster was not “outside on a beautiful summer day, chasing girls”.....Chasing girls?.... should a good christian like you be condoning that?

What’s it to you, atheist?

Then you said your only reason for being inside was a “bad cold” and asked the other poster what they’re excuse was.

And didn’t get an answer.  Nor do you offer one, I see.

You just keep ...<abuse>

Um, what are you contributing here?

All the best,

Roger Pearse

Posted: 10 June 2005 03:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

What’s it to you, Atheist?

Nothing, but should it not be something to you, filthy christer?

And didn’t get an answer,Nor do you offer one I see

I already told you about my injuries. Far more incapacitating
      than your so-called “bad cold”. I am also enduring the
    rather nasty effects of a tropical storm. Your “bad cold”
      seems to be lasting a long time. Sure it’s not AIDS, rog?
      Mabye you contracted it by being sodomized by your precious
      christ for all these years. Or from a pedophile priest,choir boy.

Um, what are you contributing here?

Same old pearse. Just for one tiny example, you accused me
      of “violating the golden rule”,in one post of yours. I then
      attempted to refute that claim with my arguments. What did
      I receive from you?... more boring “beneath my dignity”
      balderdash. It was abundantly clear to me long before I had
      dubious pleasure of encountering you, that irreconcilable
      differences exist between your kind and my own. I hate you
      and you hate me. Please don’t offer any phony christer
      compassion, by saying you don’t hate me and my kind.
      I spit upon your plastic olive branch, for it is always followed
      up with a dagger,coming from some christians such as you.

Like King Theoden said to Saruman, in “The Lord of the
      Rings”; “When you hang from a gibbet at your window for
      sport of your own crows, I will have peace with you and
      Orthanc”. I am afraid this is what it has come down to.
      Your agenda will be opposed legally and non-violently.
      If you think your theocratic bullying will always stand
      unopposed by namby-pamby liberals, think again. You
      fundies are starting to raise the ire of many. You still
      are outnumbered and GWB won’t be president forever.
      If you christian maniacs choose to “kick it up a notch” and
      shed first blood, LEX TALIONIS, my friend. If all it takes is a
      “bad cold” to keep you indoors, i’d would venture to guess
        that your silly ass would be trampled underfoot real quick.

:twisted:    :evil:  :twisted:  :evil:  :twisted:  :evil:  :twisted
                  “A nuclear siege, on the vatican, abolish church,
                    purge doctrine, the womb is torn, the fetus
                    smashed, Hail Lord Satan, Shemhemforash”!!!

Childish,stupid and vulgar? Certainly…..only an inversion of your own beliefs though.

Posted: 10 June 2005 04:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2005-04-25

Landulf II, are you saying you oppose our agenda of peace, love, joy, and moral values?

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 10 June 2005 05:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

IMHO, The original message of christ is(with a few minor quibblings) the ideal of human conduct. I happen to feel
all-too many christians have turned that message into
a travesty for nearly 2000 years. I don’t like the “eternal
damnation” idea that christ himself MAY have believed in
(and since I wasn’t there, I don’t know how he felt about
  gays, contraception,etc….) Human history is full of good
  intentions gone to “hell”, not just christianity. I am more
  for love, peace, joy,happiness than you’ll ever know. I just
  don’t think it’s (unfortunetly) a realistic view of human nature
  and reality. BTW, you still have not answered my question
  about rp’s comment regarding Atheists and Jews, you little
  stinker!!!! LOL

PS, I know you’ll tell me the bible makes it clear as to what christ really thought about the aforementioned issues. I really don’t think it does, but that’s just my opinion. Please, just this once, no scripture quotations,por favor?!?!? I’ve read the whole
thing from front to back, and have two copies of my own here.

Posted: 10 June 2005 10:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-05-29

[quote author=“TheChampion”]Landulf II, are you saying you oppose our agenda of peace, love, joy, and moral values?

Not to mention Santa Claus!

All the best,

Roger Pearse

Posted: 10 June 2005 10:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-05-29

[quote author=“Landulf II”]IMHO, The original message of christ is(with a few minor quibblings) the ideal of human conduct. I happen to feel
all-too many christians have turned that message into
a travesty for nearly 2000 years. I don’t like the “eternal
damnation” idea that christ himself MAY have believed in
(and since I wasn’t there, I don’t know how he felt about
  gays, contraception,etc….) Human history is full of good
  intentions gone to “hell”, not just christianity. I am more
  for love, peace, joy,happiness than you’ll ever know. I just
  don’t think it’s (unfortunetly) a realistic view of human nature
  and reality.

Actually I agree with that point of view.  I don’t think the world and human nature reflect love, peace, joy, happiness etc.  Most of it is pretty terrible.

BTW, you still have not answered my question about rp’s comment regarding Atheists and Jews, you little stinker!!!! LOL

Since you seem to have difficulty recalling what I wrote—not about atheists and Jews as such—here it is:

It’s one of the tactics of the weenies one meets online. It’s called ‘projection’—attribute your own failings to your enemy, and see if you can get him to start denying them. Then you’ve shifted the subject away from whatever you’re covering up to whether or not he is a good person, or whatever. He’s now on the defensive, and you can just keep attacking him, since it doesn’t matter what he says.

Somewhere there is a handbook of all this dishonest tactics, all of them relying on impudence and the unwillingness of normal people to suppose someone would be so confident if they didn’t know something about it. But some of us have been online a while, and we’ve seen it all before.

There is worse than this. Deliberate dishonesty in posting is something that a small but definite minority of people consider acceptable. Once you find people lying to you, of course, no conversation can exist. All they’re doing is using words as tools to inflict injury, and to hell with any concept of meaning or truth. Nearly all those I have seen online doing this are atheists; plus a couple of Jews.

But of course being wrong is not the same as deliberate dishonesty; repeating hearsay as fact is not the same, or being stubborn about it. And, in fairness, we shouldn’t class the clearly mentally disturbed in that class either (I’ve come across a couple of religious cranks who tell lies—but the rest of their posts make it plain that they have mental problems of their own).

All the best,

Roger Pearse

Posted: 17 June 2005 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

It’s called arrogant martyring.  It’s one of the tactics of inane prigs online—browbeat views on another with a limited lexicon within those views.  These limited views are offensive, and smothering on another, but being priggish means you could care less.  Since you’ve already made up your mind that you are superior in some sense, you know it’s okay to impose your views on another who doesn’t care for them.  You even make decisions on their behalf, and blame them when they don’t meet your personal standards of arrogance.  Provided you’re not failing on the rules you’ve set forth in the first place, you’ve done no wrong.  However, others having a clearer head may disagree immensely, and not even adopt your rules in the first place.  In your foolhardy arrogance, this does not concern you, and you’d prefer to continue impugning on someone else by projecting your personal views on another, no matter how absurdly nonsensical these may be.

This is dangerous insane fanatical behavior.  For example, a fanatic who believes all medicine is dangerous, may seek to impose on another by keeping that other person from medicine he/she may need to survive.  The fanatic will preach all sorts of verbage not wanting to accept his/her actions are smothering on another’s right to a cure.  Attack the fanatic for wanting to smother someone’s life away with ridiculous views, and the fanatic resorts to arrogant martyring (for an ego boost to harden personal blinders).  The fanatic justifies the insane views in rule set based on the same insane views, which defy a plain greater logical cure on another.  The fanatic could be pouring mercury in the water supply, but because mercury doesn’t fall within the insane rule set, mercury doesn’t exist, and others who drink of the fanatic’s poison are demolished in the process.  The fanatic does not care, however, because he/she’s not violated the veneer of shabby genteel nonsense imposed as required within the insane ruleset.  Because of one mad idiot’s willfull arrogant ignorance, others suffer.

Even the criminally insane can be “polite”, only to subvert out damage on another.

Posted: 18 June 2005 03:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  277
Joined  2005-01-27

Well said Slimmins ...

Although this thread has veered off its original subject of Christian terrorism, Roger Pearse has inadvertently provided us with invaluable insight into the mind of a modern-day Christian terrorist. 

What he and other religious extremists suffering from a superiority complex fail to recognize is that their mindset and words hold no power over those of us who have left organized religion. 

Jesus would be mortified with their tactics ...

Susan

[ Edited: 18 June 2005 06:33 AM by ]
 Signature 

“Believe those who seek the truth, doubt those who find it.”  Andre Gide

Posted: 18 June 2005 04:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1453
Joined  2005-01-22

How appropriate to read “martyring genteel idiocy” on a thread dedicated to Christian Terrorism - that piece was fairly difficult to unravel, but from what I could understand it seems like the exact tactic of Christians today - it is their form of Terrorism.

Now obviously Christians are not blowing civilians up (on a daily basis) in the West, but they do practise a form of terrorism that threatens our secular, democratic way of life.  Christian terrorism attacks the intelligence of otherwise normal, rational people and attempts to make them prey for the hidden agenda based on Christian madness.  By twisting words, ideas, logic and rational thought processes, Christians attempt to “convert” the prevailing world view based on liberal democracy and freedom of choice to one crippled under the yoke of their insane theology.

Of course I’m not denying that some atheists adopt the same tactics of intellectual terrorism, but at least their agenda is not malevolent.

Bob

Signature 

It’s definitely a moon! . . . and now it’s become a sunflower!

Posted: 18 June 2005 04:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-05-29

[quote author=“Slimmins”]It’s called arrogant martyring.  It’s one of the tactics of inane prigs online—browbeat views on another with a limited lexicon within those views.  These limited views are offensive, and smothering on another, but being priggish means you could care less.  Since you’ve already made up your mind that you are superior in some sense, you know it’s okay to impose your views on another who doesn’t care for them.  You even make decisions on their behalf, and blame them when they don’t meet your personal standards of arrogance.  Provided you’re not failing on the rules you’ve set forth in the first place, you’ve done no wrong.  However, others having a clearer head may disagree immensely, and not even adopt your rules in the first place.  In your foolhardy arrogance, this does not concern you, and you’d prefer to continue impugning on someone else by projecting your personal views on another, no matter how absurdly nonsensical these may be.

This is dangerous insane fanatical behavior.  For example, a fanatic who believes all medicine is dangerous, may seek to impose on another by keeping that other person from medicine he/she may need to survive.  The fanatic will preach all sorts of verbage not wanting to accept his/her actions are smothering on another’s right to a cure.  Attack the fanatic for wanting to smother someone’s life away with ridiculous views, and the fanatic resorts to arrogant martyring (for an ego boost to harden personal blinders).  The fanatic justifies the insane views in rule set based on the same insane views, which defy a plain greater logical cure on another.  The fanatic could be pouring mercury in the water supply, but because mercury doesn’t fall within the insane rule set, mercury doesn’t exist, and others who drink of the fanatic’s poison are demolished in the process.  The fanatic does not care, however, because he/she’s not violated the veneer of shabby genteel nonsense imposed as required within the insane ruleset.  Because of one mad idiot’s willfull arrogant ignorance, others suffer.

Even the criminally insane can be “polite”, only to subvert out damage on another.

I suggest you look in a mirror—these failings are yours, not mine.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

Posted: 18 June 2005 04:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-05-29

[quote author=“Rasmussen”]Well said Slimmins ...

Although this thread has veered off its original subject of Christian terrorism, Roger Pearse has inadvertently provided us with invaluable insight into the mind of a modern-day Christian terorrist.

<chuckle>

Only atheists…

What he and other religious extremists suffering from a superiority complex fail to recognize is that their mindset and words hold no power over those of us who have left organized religion.

I’ve often found atheists immune to reason, it is true.

Jesus would be mortified with their tactics ...

I love it when atheists are driven to hide behind Jesus.  Particularly those throwing personal abuse.  And what else was this post?

All the best,

Roger Pearse

Posted: 18 June 2005 04:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-05-29

[quote author=“CanZen”]How appropriate to read “martyring genteel idiocy” on a thread dedicated to Christian Terrorism - that piece was fairly difficult to unravel, but from what I could understand it seems like the exact tactic of Christians today - it is their form of Terrorism.

Why not call it murder, child abuse, or anything else?  Such use of language is practised only by the dishonest.

Now obviously Christians are not blowing civilians up (on a daily basis) in the West, but they do practise a form of terrorism that threatens our secular, democratic way of life.

Really.

Christian terrorism attacks the intelligence of otherwise normal, rational people and attempts to make them prey for the hidden agenda based on Christian madness.  By twisting words, ideas, logic and rational thought processes, Christians attempt to “convert” the prevailing world view based on liberal democracy and freedom of choice to one crippled under the yoke of their insane theology.

Only an atheist could cram so many pejorative adjectives into a sentence that basically complains that Christians advocate Christianity.  Only an atheist could complain about free speech!

Of course I’m not denying that some atheists adopt the same tactics of intellectual terrorism, but at least their agenda is not malevolent.

As the atheist said while shoving bamboo splinters under the pastor’s fingernails.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

Posted: 18 June 2005 05:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1453
Joined  2005-01-22

Roger, you seem rather skeptical of my word usage in the previous post.  Good for you, skepticism is an important step in de-hypnotizing yourself from the “christianity is all good” mantra. And of course it is always refreshing to see the rare christian who is not murdering, child-abusing or at least lying to everyone (including himself) on a continual basis.

As for “complaining about free speach” - I don’t see it as actually complaining as such, but simply deploring the spinning, twisting and outright lying that is supposed to be accepted as honesty in the arena of free speaking.

Of course I realize that perhaps 96% of christians do not murder or abuse children, but stack that against the accompanying fact that perhaps 96% of the murders and child abuse in America is done by christians and you can see that two potential facts (I made these figures up BTW) might be used to paint two very different pictures.

Keep on being skeptical.

Bob

Signature 

It’s definitely a moon! . . . and now it’s become a sunflower!

Posted: 18 June 2005 06:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  277
Joined  2005-01-27

Chuckle right back at you ... I’m not an atheist. 

To point out that someone has repeatedly disrespected others and has no concept of boundaries, personal or otherwise, is not personal abuse; it’s personal respect.  For me or anyone else to buy into your verbal abuse would be the ultimate in disrespect to ourselves. 

Face it.  You’re frustrated and angry because you can’t find even one victim here willing to buy your warped views.

You might have better luck at church ... 

Susan

Signature 

“Believe those who seek the truth, doubt those who find it.”  Andre Gide

3 of 5

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed