3 of 6
Do most christians believe in wizards?
Posted: 27 May 2005 11:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  237
Joined  2005-04-28

[quote author=“TheChampion”]Nah, just frustrated. ShieldAxe, you simply refuse to learn or acknowledge truth. I should just cut and paste away the same explanations so I can use them again and again for you folks.

Don’t forget to put out your flag today.

Where is your supposed explanation?  If you don’t have one just say so and stop messin’ around.  Cut and paste - I dont care but I’m not going to try and guess which post it is.

I gave you clear statements with scripture to back them up.  That’s not the truth?!?  You must be starting to realize the bible is not infallible and the laws in it are inhumane.

Posted: 27 May 2005 11:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

[quote author=“ShieldAxe”]The bible mentions wizards quite a bit….

Do most christians really believe in wizards?

I’m not sure why this question is directed at Christians rather than New Age types.  After all, Christians don’t approve of these people (genuine or not)—non-Christians seem to have no quarrel with them.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

Posted: 27 May 2005 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-28

[quote author=“Anonymous”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”]The bible mentions wizards quite a bit….

I’m not sure why this question is directed at Christians rather than New Age types.  After all, Christians don’t approve of these people (genuine or not)—non-Christians seem to have no quarrel with them.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

It’s referring to christians because it’s in their bible.  New age types are a minority and therefore of camparitively less interest.

Posted: 28 May 2005 05:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

[quote author=“ShieldAxe”][quote author=“Anonymous”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”]The bible mentions wizards quite a bit….

It’s referring to christians because it’s in their bible.

That isn’t really an answer, is it?

New age types are a minority and therefore of camparitively less interest.

So?  If you accept hippies, you can hardly have a problem with this issue.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

Posted: 28 May 2005 06:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-28

[quote author=“Anonymous”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”][quote author=“Anonymous”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”]The bible mentions wizards quite a bit….

Why not?  We can’t ask christians if they believe a particular part of the bible?  I don’t have a problem per se, just asking a simple question.

Posted: 29 May 2005 11:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2005-05-29

[quote author=“ShieldAxe”][quote author=“Anonymous”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”][quote author=“Anonymous”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”]The bible mentions wizards quite a bit….

Why not?  We can’t ask christians if they believe a particular part of the bible?  I don’t have a problem per se, just asking a simple question.

You say you’re “asking a simple question”.  But you aren’t, are you smile

It is not acceptable to attack people for their beliefs, when we find those beliefs perfectly acceptable in other groups.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

Posted: 30 May 2005 07:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-28

[quote author=“roger_pearse”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”][quote author=“Anonymous”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”][quote author=“Anonymous”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”]The bible mentions wizards quite a bit….

It is not acceptable to attack people for their beliefs, when we find those beliefs perfectly acceptable in other groups.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

Asking a question is attacking?  Come on.  You can’t be serious.  Besides, why is it not acceptable to criticize beliefs?  The bible even does that.

Posted: 30 May 2005 10:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-05-29

[quote author=“ShieldAxe”][quote author=“roger_pearse”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”][quote author=“Anonymous”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”][quote author=“Anonymous”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”]The bible mentions wizards quite a bit….

Asking a question is attacking?  Come on.  You can’t be serious.

Be serious.  You were trying it on, and you’re trying it on now.  We all know about sneery little diatribes phrased as ‘questions.’

Besides, why is it not acceptable to criticize beliefs?  The bible even does that.

You attribute to me a view I do not hold.

Is it possible to criticise a belief in one person which we find acceptable in other people without being a hypocrite?

All the best,

Roger Pearse

Posted: 30 May 2005 04:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-28

[quote author=“roger_pearse”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”][quote author=“roger_pearse”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”][quote author=“Anonymous”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”][quote author=“Anonymous”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”]The bible mentions wizards quite a bit….

Be serious.  You were trying it on, and you’re trying it on now.  We all know about sneery little diatribes phrased as ‘questions.’

Besides, why is it not acceptable to criticize beliefs?  The bible even does that.

Is it possible to criticise a belief in one person which we find acceptable in other people without being a hypocrite?

All the best,

Roger Pearse

I’m not following your questioning.  I’m not criticizing a particular belief held by one person and accepting the same belief as held by another.  You type a lot and convey little.  If you are interested in this thread than perhaps you can address the subject at hand which is belief in wizards.

Posted: 31 May 2005 02:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  707
Joined  2005-05-16

He could turn his staff into a snake, used it to part the Red Sea and used it to make water come from a rock.
Somehow he and god needed it for every “miracle” Moses did.

Posted: 01 June 2005 04:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

There are many “occultists”, especially those who adhere to the hermetic principles,that do suggest just that. According to their beliefs, Moses learned the art of “magick” in Egypt from the sacredotal caste in that ancient land. Egypt is the legendary
home of Hermes Trismegistus(“Hermes the Thrice-great). Supposedly, the first and greatest “magician”. He was reputed to be an ancient egyptian priest who was credited with writing forty-two books collectively known as the Hermetic Literature. These books,including the “Emerald Tablet” and the “Divine Pymander”,describe the creation of the universe,the soul of humanity,and the way to acheive “spiritual rebirth”. Many occultists today consider these works to be the root of their ideas. Some also
claim Moses was in fact,Hermes himself. In any case, “don’t shoot the messanger” LOL (Mercury is the Roman equivalent of the greek messanger, hermes) these are their beliefs,not mine.

Posted: 01 June 2005 04:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-05-29

[quote author=“ShieldAxe”][quote author=“roger_pearse”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”][quote author=“roger_pearse”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”][quote author=“Anonymous”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”][quote author=“Anonymous”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”]The bible mentions wizards quite a bit….

I’m not following your questioning.  I’m not criticizing a particular belief held by one person and accepting the same belief as held by another.

But you are.  You’re objecting to this belief as held by Christians, but haven’t a word to say against New Age belief, to whom it is considerably more important.  It seems to me that you need to make it clear that you quarrel with them even more than Christians, to avoid this problem, surely? 

As you no doubt perceive, once you do this, your point sort of becomes meaningless as an anti-Christian gesture.

You type a lot and convey little.  If you are interested in this thread than perhaps you can address the subject at hand which is belief in wizards.

If your argument is flawed, surely you need to deal with the flaws?

All the best,

Roger Pearse

Posted: 01 June 2005 06:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-28

[quote author=“roger_pearse”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”][quote author=“roger_pearse”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”][quote author=“roger_pearse”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”][quote author=“Anonymous”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”][quote author=“Anonymous”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”]The bible mentions wizards quite a bit….

I’m not following your questioning.  I’m not criticizing a particular belief held by one person and accepting the same belief as held by another.

But you are.  You’re objecting to this belief as held by Christians, but haven’t a word to say against New Age belief, to whom it is considerably more important.  It seems to me that you need to make it clear that you quarrel with them even more than Christians, to avoid this problem, surely? 

As you no doubt perceive, once you do this, your point sort of becomes meaningless as an anti-Christian gesture.

You type a lot and convey little.  If you are interested in this thread than perhaps you can address the subject at hand which is belief in wizards.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

This is how you defend christianity, by insulting new age belief?  Pathetic.  If new agers believe in wizards as christians do then i think they’re both bonkers.  I don’t accept either belief.  They are both ridiculous.  I’m just not that familiar with new age beliefs so i’m not referring to them; so stop bringing them up as they have nothing to do with this thread.  Your argument is meaningless.

Posted: 02 June 2005 11:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-05-29

[quote author=“ShieldAxe”][quote author=“roger_pearse”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”][quote author=“roger_pearse”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”][quote author=“roger_pearse”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”][quote author=“Anonymous”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”][quote author=“Anonymous”][quote author=“ShieldAxe”]The bible mentions wizards quite a bit….

This is how you defend christianity, by insulting new age belief?  Pathetic.

In what way did I insult new age beliefs?

If new agers believe in wizards as christians do then i think they’re both bonkers.  I don’t accept either belief.  They are both ridiculous.  I’m just not that familiar with new age beliefs so i’m not referring to them; so stop bringing them up as they have nothing to do with this thread.  Your argument is meaningless.

Glad that you accept that New Age ideas are “bonkers”—although why you insult New Age belief, given your accusation earlier I do not see.

But in that case, why do you single out Christians for your accusation?

All the best,

Roger Pearse

Posted: 03 June 2005 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-28

[quote author=“roger_pearse”]
In what way did I insult new age beliefs?

You called my questioning a ‘sneering diatribe’ and said it should be directed at new ager types and not christians.

Glad that you accept that New Age ideas are “bonkers”—although why you insult New Age belief, given your accusation earlier I do not see.

Because you brought it up and pointed out that they believe in wizards.  Anyone can question, insult, or ridicule and religious belief or any other illogical, mystical belief whenever they want to.
But in that case, why do you single out Christians for your accusation?

It’s worthy of discussion because it’s the most popular form of religion in the world and interesting to discuss and question.    What accusation are you referring to?  That they have this belief?  I’m not accusing them of that; that’s in the bible.  I’m implying it’s silly and childish to believe such a thing. :?

3 of 6

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed