6 of 6
Do most christians believe in wizards?
Posted: 08 June 2005 04:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1377
Joined  2004-12-21

Be serious. You are not articulating the societal values of someone living in an unspecified place 500 years ago.

You are either a fool, or ignorant.  In either case, I shall not bother with you anymore.  And it was 2,500 years ago!

Signature 

http://powerlessnolonger.com

Posted: 08 June 2005 08:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2005-05-29

[quote author=“hampsteadpete”]

Be serious. You are not articulating the societal values of someone living in an unspecified place 500 years ago.

You are either a fool, or ignorant.  In either case, I shall not bother with you anymore.  And it was 2,500 years ago!

Thank you for your response.  If you don’t want to deal with my comments, you surely do not have to.  But resorting to abuse as an alternative to reason marks you as yet another Christian-hater, rationalising his own convenience.

I have yet to encounter anyone in this forum who is capable of an intelligent comment, of anything but a daft assertion, a jeer or a troll.  Huxley would be ashamed of those I see so far.

I’m certainly willing to meet them, if they exist here. 

All the best,

Roger Pearse

Posted: 08 June 2005 01:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

You wrote

As Goering said,“That will do it. That will work.The filthy Jews won’t commit another murder”.

This really appears to be the best that limited mind of Roger Pearse can come up with. You did the same thing in the other thread.This is perhaps the cheapest and most shameful tactic
being pressed into service by both left and right these
days. Like I told you before on another thread, I am a secular
jew. If I thought for a nanosecond that any of my ideas were
remotely similiar to those of the nazis, I would abandon them quicker than you can type one ofyour hit/run posts with all
their patently false and outrageous claims regarding the motivations of myself and others on this forum. I agree with
hamsteadpete,you are either a fool or ignorant and not worth
debating. It took much longer for me to come to the same conculsion about “The Champion”. So I will say what i feel I must
in this post and bid you Adieu. But please do me one favor, stay in
whatever country you’re from. We have more than enough of your kind here,thank you very much.

What the F**k don’t you understand? The ONLY THING most,if not all of us here are asking for is that religion of all types is kept in it’s proper bounds. Religious belief should not be determining our laws,our freedoms,etc….nor should it be determining the moral values of those who disagree with it. There exists a certain group of people in this nation who wish to impose their values,culture,etc….on others. I could care less whether that “group” constitutes 10 Americans or the overwhelming
majority. Most of us in the civilized world live and even atleast somewhat base our laws by,the golden rule.

Please don’t tell me christianity has a monopoly on the golden rule. I fail to see how what consenting adults do in private violates the golden rule. You can argue that abortion does and I have very mixed feelings there defined while
“debating” you. You want to teach “intelligent design/creationism”?
I have no problem with that,just keep it out of science class and offer it as an alternative to evolution/material science and let students think critically, and decide for themselves. Beyond these nazi-like requests(and others, too obvious to mention, but since the obvious seemingly eludes you, here is one: keeping religious displays off public property and that includes a sign that reads “god is dead)  I don’t think most of us here care whether or not others worship an ashtray,cow,chicken,penis or an imaginary despotic being known as yahweh,jehovah,christ,allah,etc….We may find your beliefs irrational, and may wish that people would grow out of them already, but no responsible secularist would ever
try take them away from others by law and force. Beyond the indisputed strictures of the golden rule,ALL WE ARE ASKING FOR
IS FOR A “LIVE AND LET LIVE” society. Whether you want to believe it or not, there exists a certain group of christians in this nation who are trying to implement a different vision and to many,including many christians, an unacceptable vision of society.
  you wrote

The reminder of your post, I’m afraid, did’nt really seem to come down to anything one way or the other.

Funny, that’s exactly the same way I feel about ALL of your posts.
    you wrote

You export your culture to us, you know. What we get from you is not Christiantiy , political correctness

I suppose you don’t care to tell us third reich style secularists in america who “US” is exactly. After all, we may march into to your nation and exterminate all the christians. Since your blitzkreig-type posts seem to be the thing really reminiscient of the third reich,you did not really define what YOU mean by political correctness. Therefore, I cannot either agree or disagree with that blanket statement. Start defining your terms, lose the quasi-psycho-babble terms like “projection”  or atleast,define what you mean by terms like “projection”,within the context of what your are debating. You also may want to consider dropping the subjective,accusational terms like “hate-speech”. Then mabye(speaking for myself here atleast) i’ll cease believing the things about you that I presently do.  To give one example, that you are a exceptionally sloppy and shallow thinker,who is conscious of that fact,and relentlessy seeks out cheap rhetorical tactics to poorly conceal your shortcomings.
  You wrote

I have yet to encounter anyone in this forum who is capable of an intelligent comment, of anything but a daft assertion, a jeer or a troll. Huxley would be ashamed of those I see so far.

This is yet one more of your tawdry tactics. That is, accuse the opposition of the very things you yourself are guilty of(and hope no one notices) Brother, I have yet to encounter ANYONE on this forum with the exception of the Champ, who is less capable of intelligent thought and meaningful,vibrant debate than yourself.
In other words, anyone who does not agree with Roger Pearse’s assessment of christiantiy is incapable of intelligent thought etc…
Why then do want to hear comments YOU perceive as having no intellectual value? I suppose you have nothing better to do than be a professional contranian,and a bad one at that. Or are you some kind of masochist like the champ appears to be? It does not eem most of your ideas have gained much appreciation here. I know that means we are all idiots and Roger Pearse the great is
a genius. Why not find a forum where your ego will stroked by people telling you how brilliant you are and agreeing with on every point? That’s not what goes on here and I have been taken to task on numerous occasions,even by those I would agree with 90% of the time. But mabye you just enjoy being called a disingenous clown all the time. If that’s the case, like I told champ a while back, I refuse to enable anymore of your masturbations,be they mental,or otherwise. If you genuinely feel everyone here is an imbecile then go elsewhere,to hell if you prefer. Oh,and don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Posted: 08 June 2005 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

I really don’t know what is going on here?

I’m doing the same thing I always do when making quotes and it comes out ^^^^^^???Mabye it is something i’m doing wrong and mabye not. Either way, I am sorry and hope anyone who reads the post can make it out. smile

Posted: 09 June 2005 03:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  253
Joined  2005-05-29

[quote author=“Landulf II”]You wrote

As Goering said,“That will do it. That will work.The filthy Jews won’t commit another murder”.

This really appears to be the best that limited mind of Roger Pearse can come up with. You did the same thing in the other thread.This is perhaps the cheapest and most shameful tactic
being pressed into service by both left and right these
days. Like I told you before on another thread, I am a secular
jew. If I thought for a nanosecond that any of my ideas were
remotely similiar to those of the nazis, I would abandon them quicker than you can type one ofyour hit/run posts with all
their patently false and outrageous claims regarding the motivations of myself and others on this forum. I agree with
hamsteadpete,you are either a fool or ignorant and not worth
debating. It took much longer for me to come to the same conculsion about “The Champion”. So I will say what i feel I must
in this post and bid you Adieu. But please do me one favor, stay in
whatever country you’re from. We have more than enough of your kind here,thank you very much.

What the F**k don’t you understand? The ONLY THING most,if not all of us here are asking for is that religion of all types is kept in it’s proper bounds. Religious belief should not be determining our laws,our freedoms,etc….nor should it be determining the moral values of those who disagree with it. There exists a certain group of people in this nation who wish to impose their values,culture,etc….on others. I could care less whether that “group” constitutes 10 Americans or the overwhelming
majority. Most of us in the civilized world live and even atleast somewhat base our laws by,the golden rule.

Please don’t tell me christianity has a monopoly on the golden rule. I fail to see how what consenting adults do in private violates the golden rule. You can argue that abortion does and I have very mixed feelings there defined while
“debating” you. You want to teach “intelligent design/creationism”?
I have no problem with that,just keep it out of science class and offer it as an alternative to evolution/material science and let students think critically, and decide for themselves. Beyond these nazi-like requests(and others, too obvious to mention, but since the obvious seemingly eludes you, here is one: keeping religious displays off public property and that includes a sign that reads “god is dead)  I don’t think most of us here care whether or not others worship an ashtray,cow,chicken,penis or an imaginary despotic being known as yahweh,jehovah,christ,allah,etc….We may find your beliefs irrational, and may wish that people would grow out of them already, but no responsible secularist would ever
try take them away from others by law and force. Beyond the indisputed strictures of the golden rule,ALL WE ARE ASKING FOR
IS FOR A “LIVE AND LET LIVE” society. Whether you want to believe it or not, there exists a certain group of christians in this nation who are trying to implement a different vision and to many,including many christians, an unacceptable vision of society.
  you wrote

The reminder of your post, I’m afraid, did’nt really seem to come down to anything one way or the other.

Funny, that’s exactly the same way I feel about ALL of your posts.
    you wrote

You export your culture to us, you know. What we get from you is not Christiantiy , political correctness

I suppose you don’t care to tell us third reich style secularists in america who “US” is exactly. After all, we may march into to your nation and exterminate all the christians. Since your blitzkreig-type posts seem to be the thing really reminiscient of the third reich,you did not really define what YOU mean by political correctness. Therefore, I cannot either agree or disagree with that blanket statement. Start defining your terms, lose the quasi-psycho-babble terms like “projection”  or atleast,define what you mean by terms like “projection”,within the context of what your are debating. You also may want to consider dropping the subjective,accusational terms like “hate-speech”. Then mabye(speaking for myself here atleast) i’ll cease believing the things about you that I presently do.  To give one example, that you are a exceptionally sloppy and shallow thinker,who is conscious of that fact,and relentlessy seeks out cheap rhetorical tactics to poorly conceal your shortcomings.
  You wrote

I have yet to encounter anyone in this forum who is capable of an intelligent comment, of anything but a daft assertion, a jeer or a troll. Huxley would be ashamed of those I see so far.

This is yet one more of your tawdry tactics. That is, accuse the opposition of the very things you yourself are guilty of(and hope no one notices) Brother, I have yet to encounter ANYONE on this forum with the exception of the Champ, who is less capable of intelligent thought and meaningful,vibrant debate than yourself.
In other words, anyone who does not agree with Roger Pearse’s assessment of christiantiy is incapable of intelligent thought etc…
Why then do want to hear comments YOU perceive as having no intellectual value? I suppose you have nothing better to do than be a professional contranian,and a bad one at that. Or are you some kind of masochist like the champ appears to be? It does not eem most of your ideas have gained much appreciation here. I know that means we are all idiots and Roger Pearse the great is
a genius. Why not find a forum where your ego will stroked by people telling you how brilliant you are and agreeing with on every point? That’s not what goes on here and I have been taken to task on numerous occasions,even by those I would agree with 90% of the time. But mabye you just enjoy being called a disingenous clown all the time. If that’s the case, like I told champ a while back, I refuse to enable anymore of your masturbations,be they mental,or otherwise. If you genuinely feel everyone here is an imbecile then go elsewhere,to hell if you prefer. Oh,and don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Atheists enjoy a reputation as god-bothering twits.  In view of this long incoherent rant, full of rather childish personal attacks on me, can anyone deny that this reputation is sometimes deserved?

If atheists wish to be taken seriously, they need to be less quick to give and take offence.

There doesn’t seem to be any content in this post, so no comment needed from me.  I have altered the tags in it, tho, so that the original post appears correctly.  Every ‘start quote’ tag had been given as an ‘end quote’ and vice versa.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

6 of 6

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed