Well Done, Sam!  ;-)
Posted: 28 May 2005 03:50 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

Sam,

Just a quick note to say how much I have enjoyed reading, "The End of Faith", and how much less of an alien (complete with antennae!) I feel like, as a freethinker in our society.  Your book has articulated so many of my opinions regarding faith, politics, society, law, and morality, that it was a riveting and cathartic read for me!  I thank you very much for writing it.

I also thank you for doing such an AMAZING job on the talk circuit, particularly with those hideous spin-meisters on "O'Reilly Factor" and "Scarborough Country" - those were amazing demonstrations of restraint on your part!  Anyone who saw those telecasts must have surely been bowled over by the rudeness and one-sidedness of both O'Reilly and Ingraham.  Though you did a great job of making your points, those two particular interviewers were painful to watch!  The PAX clip had a more reasonable moderator, but your debatee came off at the end as just desperate for an argument.  All he could say is, "god is real, and everyone knows it…", or some such silliness.

Anyway, sorry for the long note, but I just felt compelled to drop you a line.

If you are ever in the Santa Barbara area, I would be thrilled to shake your hand and buy you a drink!

Keep up the great work, and I look forward to your future research and published works.

All the best,

-Paul Bryant.

Santa Barbara, CA.

‹‹ Fact or belief      Well Done, Sam! ;-) ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed