Religiostupidification
Posted: 19 March 2007 04:29 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24

This is a pretty definitive example of religiostupidification .

Byron

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

Posted: 19 March 2007 04:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1568
Joined  2006-03-02

[quote author=“SkepticX”] This is a pretty definitive example of religiostupidification .

Byron

C’mon Byron.  The book talks about our firemen.
OUR FIREMEN :shock:

And you don’t want it banned?!!!

You have to give some credit to the news channel that covered this; they didn’t try to hide the guy’s stupidity.

Signature 

What do I care for a hell for oppressors? What good can hell do, since those children have already been tortured? And what becomes of harmony, if there is hell? I want to forgive. I want to embrace. I don’t want more suffering. And if the sufferings of children go to swell the sum of sufferings which was necessary to pay for truth, then I protest that the truth is not worth such a price.
-Ivan Karamazov

Posted: 19 March 2007 05:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5404
Joined  2006-09-27

This whole thing is about a guy named “Alton Verm” in a place called “Conroe, Texas”. Conroe, Texas, for all intents and purposes, is in the Bible Belt.

Alton Verm is a good name for a space alien. An anagram for “Alton Verm” is “Revolt Man”. Another one is “Not Marvel”.

Signature 

INVEST in cynicism!

Posted: 19 March 2007 06:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1539
Joined  2006-12-04

[quote author=“Salt Creek”]This whole thing is about a guy named “Alton Verm” in a place called “Conroe, Texas”. Conroe, Texas, for all intents and purposes, is in the Bible Belt.

Alton Verm is a good name for a space alien. An anagram for “Alton Verm” is “Revolt Man”. Another one is “Not Marvel”.

I like “Molar Vent”.

For Conroe, Texas, I like “COASTER OXEN” and “SEX CROON TEA” and “EXCRETA SOON”.

Signature 

“The hands that help are better far than the lips that pray.”
          — Robert G. Ingersoll

Posted: 19 March 2007 08:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24

[quote author=“waltercat”]You have to give some credit to the news channel that covered this; they didn’t try to hide the guy’s stupidity.

I thought that was pretty impressive too, actually.

I think it would be considered a pretty gentle treatment in most of the Industrialized Western World though.

Byron

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed