profit from desire to see loved ones
Posted: 17 June 2005 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

I have encountered people who are willing to pay big bucks to be able to see loved ones, be they grandchildren, relatives, friends, spouses, fiancees, children, who are temporarily or permanently living at a distance, or traveling on business.

The point is that motorola has just launched the Ojo a high quality video telephone which not only won Best of Innovations Award at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas but also was a "product placement" on the show "24" this season.

Check it out at motorola.com/ojo (look at the ojosode Away at School on High Bandwidth), wgate.com and ojoworld.com

This product is "selling like hot cakes" at electronic boutique retailers and has the potential to be the "next big thing"

the point is motorola didn't make the Ojo. It was made by WorldGate Communications which stands to gain if the product is successful. Motorola signed a multi year exclusive marketing and distribution agreement with WGAT which closed on Nasdaq today at $3.85 or so.

Just for your information. If you have a loved one at a distance this product is much better than webcams. And it does not require a computer. It works connected to broadband cable or DSL and is otherwise just like a telephone but this model is cool, futuristic and you could be the first one on your block or in your neighborhood to have one!

This product shows the benefits of free thought and inquiry, the wonders of modern science, the advantages of the relatively free market, competition, technology (it has a Texas Instrument digital processing unit and an Intel chip in it which facilitates enhancements and also enables the audio signal to travel tightly bound to the visual signal which means the picture is utterly likelike with audio synchrony).

All religion does is foster wishful thinking, undercuts confidence in the ability of ones own mind by encouraging one to sacrifice ones own judgment and to accept the judgment of others, in particular authorities such as priests, mullahs, clergy, who also advocate a moral code, not for living on earth, but to hold the interests of others above ones own in every issue, inducing guilt and eroding self esteem.

Read Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged and The Virtue of Selfishness for the antidote of reason, and a philosophy for living on earth, which encourages you to use your own judgment, choose your own values to be loyal to, as long as your dealings with others are by mutual consent and advocates individualism, rational self interest and the idea that you have a right to live for your own sake and that you are not a sacrificial animal with unchosen obligations.

Posted: 17 June 2005 05:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2005-04-25

Hi galtgulchi, I had to go to overseas on business about 1 1/2 years ago. I was in Tokyo and the technology is way ahead of us. Every time I go there they got something that is years ahead.

This time the people had cell phones that Dick Tracy would have loved. The cell phones were the same size as ours. Only, when you call the other person, the little screen turns into a split screen (50/50). You see yourself in the bottom screen because of a small camera on the phone (it allows you to center yourself on in the screen). You see the person on the other line in the top screen. You talk live too!

Two things. 1) You can video record your call! 2) It is a camera so others can squeeze into the screen and talk. We had 3 people on each screen having separate conversations. It was unbelieveable.

They also had another phone (did not do live video) that was about the size of a credit card. It held a charge for 20 days.

I must also mention the excursions into the electronics stores. Best widescreen tvs you ever saw. Back then they only sold very thin plasmas and ....what is it…....what is it…....can’t remember…...what is it, LCD! None of this rear screen box junk.

Oh the horror, our technology is second rate over here! By the time we get something good from overseas, the Japanese reinvent it.

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 17 June 2005 06:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2005-02-23

Wow!  The End of Faith Forum has been attacked by a viral marketing campaign!

I know which product I will not be reccomending to anyone anytime soon.

-Matt

Posted: 18 June 2005 02:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1377
Joined  2004-12-21

Oh the horror, our technology is second rate over here! By the time we get something good from overseas, the Japanese reinvent it.

If you think it’s bad now, champ, wait for a few more years and see what happens if you morons succeed in removing science entirly from our school systems, for that is your goal.  Perhaps not yours, personally, but it is the goal of the people you support!

The products you mentioned rely upon scientific principals that sometimes directly conflict with the bull…. in your favorite fairy tale book.

If you are successful, what kind of worthwhile science do you think will be performed in this country in 50 years?

Signature 

http://powerlessnolonger.com

Posted: 19 June 2005 10:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

[quote author=“TheChampion”]
Two things. 1) You can video record your call! 2) It is a camera so others can squeeze into the screen and talk. We had 3 people on each screen having separate conversations. It was unbelieveable.

Jeez Champ, it’s good to see you excited about something that has been invented in the 21st century.

Did you hear that scientists have also proven that the earth is not flat and that it actually rotates around the sun. It’s unbelievable! The latest idea from international scientists is that the world is 6 billion years old, and not 4,000 years as many in the US think. And that all creatures evolved from single cell micro-organisms. It’s absolutely amazing what they can come up with when they apply themselves, these scientists and researchers.

By the way, can you call god on these newfangled callphones? It would save a lot of praying time if you could just call him up, and you could get your message across a lot more clearly. I always find that god seems to mix up prayers, because he never answers them accurately. And every now and then he delivers a tsunami, killing half a million people, when we clearly never asked for that. Some poor, hungry guy in Indonesia actually prayed for a ‘tuna sarmi’, but it got garbled and look what happened. Maybe with a video link, god could see that the guy really wanted a sandwich, not death and destruction across the continent. It’s like when you phone for a pizza, you’ve got be very clear about the toppings, or some asian dude at the other end goes and puts curry powder everywhere.

Technology, hey. What will they think of next?

Posted: 20 June 2005 05:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  819
Joined  2004-12-21

Nietzsche wrote

By the way, can you call god on these newfangled callphones? It would save a lot of praying time if you could just call him up, and you could get your message across a lot more clearly. I always find that god seems to mix up prayers, because he never answers them accurately. And every now and then he delivers a tsunami, killing half a million people, when we clearly never asked for that. Some poor, hungry guy in Indonesia actually prayed for a ‘tuna sarmi’, but it got garbled and look what happened. Maybe with a video link, god could see that the guy really wanted a sandwich, not death and destruction across the continent. It’s like when you phone for a pizza, you’ve got be very clear about the toppings, or some asian dude at the other end goes and puts curry powder everywhere.

On the local scene down here in Florida, we had a hurricane last year and when we asked for “hurried aid” what we got was hurricanes - three more.  I guess he though we liked ‘em.

Even Pat Robertson’s command messages to turn the storms out to sea in “the name of Jeeesuss” apparently were not received.

This is not a new or localized communications failure. It started way back when we asked for “recreation” and what he heard was “procreation”

Let’s get these new cell phones in place pronto.

Stay Well

Wot

Posted: 20 June 2005 06:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1229
Joined  2004-12-22

Having lived in Florida in the mid 60s, all I can say is, it was a much better place when it was run by the gators, and you could fry one up.

Nothing beats fried gator tail.

And no, it dont taste like chicken..

As for those newfangled gadgets, my issue is the instruction book is written in 7 or so different languagues, and I can never determine which one pertains to me.

Posted: 20 June 2005 07:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2005-04-25

Wotansson, last I heard they were using those cellphones to pay for groceries and retail items.

So, the future cellphone is a phone, I-POD, a camera, a camcorder, a credit card, and no-it does not make your coffee for you.

Now all they have to do is get the chip small enough to implant in your forehead or forehand. Then…..all hell go’in break loose. But thank God I won’t be here to see it! I think you know what I’m talking about. wink

Iisbliss, you won’t need an instruction manual at that time.

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 20 June 2005 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21

But thank God I won’t be here to see it! I think you know what I’m talking about. wink

When you think it’s gonna happen….well this may be a little forward of me but…...if you are disposing of you assets…well…. could I have your phone, I-POD,  camera,  camcorder,  credit cards and well…..have you promised your car to anyone?

Iisbliss - as a general guideline, I don’t eat reptiles or road kill.

Stay Well
Wot

Posted: 20 June 2005 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1229
Joined  2004-12-22

Wot, that is just the kind of intellectual elitist attitude i would expect from a raging liberal like yourself !!

Posted: 20 June 2005 03:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21

Wot, that is just the kind of intellectual elitist attitude i would expect from a raging liberal like yourself !!

Ok - what kind of wine do you serve with gator tail - white or red?
And possum? I ain’t a native here.

Stay Well
wot

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed