Brazil Rabbi Nabbed for Stealing Ties
Posted: 07 April 2007 10:53 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2007-04-05

When news of this broke worldwide, and especially in the USA, you shouda seen all the antisemitic bloggers smile and post. Google and see. Henry Sobel was the rabbi, he resigned, after caught stealing expensive ties from a store in Florida while on US trip. From Portugal, been in Brazil for 2o years or more. Speaks Portuguges.

He admitted his theft, resigned. My guess is he was under influence of sleeping pills, Ambien or valium, on on irrational impulse, he walked out of store with the ties, which he did not need and he had way enuf money to pay for them. His trial will bring out how the meds did him in. Still, he did wrong, and must pay.

But look at the antisem blogs going after him, and full of glee that a Jew was caught doing this. !!!  Antisemitism is really a deep deep sickness of the American pie. WHY?

Posted: 13 April 2007 02:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  707
Joined  2005-05-16

Levels of Anti-Semitism are low in America compare to other western countries.  If anything America bends over backwards to give the USA Jewish community and the state on Israel anything it wants.
For example
Jews are about 3% of the US population and yet …
Israel is number one when it comes to US foreign aid, yet Israel is not a third-world country.
There are more Jews in the US Senate then all other minorities combined.
Jews make up about 25% of the students at Ivy League school, yet many of the same schools place limits on the number of Asian students they admit.
There are more Jews running American film studios than all other minorities combined.  Hollywood has also produced more films about the Holocaust then slavery. 
There are more Holocaust museums in the USA then museums about the mistreatment of blacks or Native American.  A Holocaust museum was built on the National Mall a decade before museums for blacks and Native Americans.  It should be remembered the Holocaust is not an event in American history.
American Jews are American most privileged and least persecuted minority group.

Posted: 18 April 2007 11:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2007-04-05

Mr Mody, your post sounds just like antisem. you proved my point. what’s your problem with Jews?

Posted: 19 April 2007 02:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  707
Joined  2005-05-16
[quote author=“taiwan”]Mr Mody, your post sounds just like antisem. you proved my point. what’s your problem with Jews?

I have no problem with Jews, but to claim America is anti-Semitic when Jews do so well here is ridiculous.  If America is so anti-Semitic, then why does Israel, a first world country with few people living in poverty, get more foreign aide then any third world country. 

What many gentile-American are tired of is the Jewish community playing the race card when ever Israel or any Jewish-American (like Jack Abramoff) is criticized.

Posted: 24 April 2007 07:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  334
Joined  2006-11-06
[quote author=“taiwan”]Mr Mody, your post sounds just like antisem. you proved my point. what’s your problem with Jews?

Mr Mody doesn’t strike me as an anti-semite.  Perhaps there’s a bit of good old fashioned anti-Judaism there combined with some fuzzy thinking, but not anti-semitism…at least not yet.  Anti-semitism implies a view of Jews as being cosmically evil—an unearthly evil.  That’s not what Mody is saying.  He’s saying something more along the lines of:  I’m sick and tired of you Jews complaining about anything that upsets you because you have it so good here.  One wonders if Mr. Mody would turn the comments back upon themselves.  Blacks have it better here than anywhere else—America is the center of black culture.  But somehow I suppose it’s perfectly acceptable for Blacks to complain about racism in the US.

The Holocaust point is somewhat intriguing.  As if the fact that the Holocaust didn’t happen on American soil makes it somehow detached from American history.  Mr. Mody, I trust you are aware that the Americans were involved in that little imbroglio called WWII.  And while there is no doubt that US slavery resulted in more net deaths, there is one profoundly good reason to keep the Holocaust at the fore:  genocide tragically keeps happening; slavery not so much.

The Israel comment is a perennial gripe—not by anti-semites, but by various left-wing nut jobs.  I’m not suggesting Mr. Mody is a left-winger—but his comments are sufficiently unhinged to suggest that he is.  True, Israel receive vasts sums of foreign aid.  Must no doubt be a vast Jewish conspiracy since Israel isn’t a 3d world country.  This of course assumes that the basis of aid is poverty, rather than long term strategic interest.  The US gives Tawian a lot Aegis destroyers every year.  Last time I checked Taiwan was doing ok.  Israel get’s the money that it does because who else would be a natural ally of the US in the middle east.  Israel isn’t using the US.  Israel is the tip of the American spear.  And it’s in the US’s long term strategic interest that the tip be nice and sharp to deal with other left-wing nut jobs who like to strap explosives to their backs and blow up women, children, and occassional really big buildings.

Posted: 26 April 2007 12:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  819
Joined  2004-12-21

[quote author=“taiwan”]When news of this broke worldwide, and especially in the USA, you shouda seen all the antisemitic bloggers smile and post. Google and see. Henry Sobel was the rabbi, he resigned, after caught stealing expensive ties from a store in Florida while on US trip. From Portugal, been in Brazil for 2o years or more. Speaks Portuguges.

He admitted his theft, resigned. My guess is he was under influence of sleeping pills, Ambien or valium, on on irrational impulse, he walked out of store with the ties, which he did not need and he had way enuf money to pay for them. His trial will bring out how the meds did him in. Still, he did wrong, and must pay.

But look at the antisem blogs going after him, and full of glee that a Jew was caught doing this. !!!  Antisemitism is really a deep deep sickness of the American pie. WHY?

I think you are making a pretty broad statement about antisemitism here. All criticism of Jews and especially rabiis cannot simply dismissed as antisemitism. I personally enjoy exposing the immorality of the religious and especially the acts of their leaders - the clergy. It does point out that religion inspires no morality, an important point indeed. The pill defense is a pretty lame excuse and he should be prosecuted and exposed, just like anyone else.

Stay Well
Wot

Posted: 26 April 2007 08:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-06

I think you are making a pretty broad statement about antisemitism here. All criticism of Jews and especially rabiis cannot simply dismissed as antisemitism. I personally enjoy exposing the immorality of the religious and especially the acts of their leaders - the clergy. It does point out that religion inspires no morality, an important point indeed. The pill defense is a pretty lame excuse and he should be prosecuted and exposed, just like anyone else.

Now what does that say about your character that you enjoy watching others fail in living up to their ideals?  The Germans have a marelous word for this:  Schadenfreude:  the please one takes in the misfortune of others.  What kind of person delights in religious persons and members of the clergy falling from grace?  Perhaps your sense of morality is not as pure as you think.

Posted: 03 May 2007 01:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21

[quote author=“Publius”]

Now what does that say about your character that you enjoy watching others fail in living up to their ideals?  The Germans have a marelous word for this:  Schadenfreude:  the please one takes in the misfortune of others.  What kind of person delights in religious persons and members of the clergy falling from grace?  Perhaps your sense of morality is not as pure as you think.

Americans in gereral are mostly fed up with foreign vistors who come here and repay our hospitality by violating our laws - laws that they would not dare to violate in their native lands for fear of prosecution. This is even more flagrant and insulting when they hide behind their clergy shield. I hope in this particular case that the individual was not only prosecuted to the full extent of the law but was also banned from future entry into this country. Schadenfreude? Das is kein Schandenfreude. Das ist Gerechtigkeit.
You really need to try and get out of NYC more often. It may help you purge the concrete and asphalt residue which is inhibiting the blood flow to your brain.

Stay Well
Wot

Posted: 03 May 2007 06:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-06

[quote author=“Wotansson”] Americans in gereral are mostly fed up with foreign vistors who come here and repay our hospitality by violating our laws - laws that they would not dare to violate in their native lands for fear of prosecution. This is even more flagrant and insulting when they hide behind their clergy shield. I hope in this particular case that the individual was not only prosecuted to the full extent of the law but was also banned from future entry into this country. Schadenfreude? Das is kein Schandenfreude. Das ist Gerechtigkeit.
You really need to try and get out of NYC more often. It may help you purge the concrete and asphalt residue which is inhibiting the blood flow to your brain.

Stay Well
Wot

Wot,

This is an unimpressive non-sequitur.  Instead of addressing your morally “evolved” sense of schadenfreude, you’ve discoed to the topic of immigration, enforcement of anti-theft laws, xenophobia, and your probably deeply unfounded view that Americans are always and ever so respectful of host countries where they travel.

Now admittedly, your German is better than mine, but I trust this is an apt translation:  “There is no joy in disgrace.  This is justice.”  Of course, prosecution is justice.  But you clearly take joy not in the fact that the law was enforced (joy indeed seems a strange emotion for this), but rather the actual humiliation and shame someone must feel.  A person who hides behind the title of clergy does nothing more or less sinister than others who hide behind titles of power to conceal their corruption.  But one can sense a deep and soul consuming repressed anger and rage that seethes within you that delights in the folly of others.  Indeed, your non-sequitur then proceeds to an ad hominem about how I really need to get out of NYC more often.  But I’d imagine that would raise my chances of running into you and people like you—individuals clearly afflicted with fuzzy thinking.  As such, I must decline your offer. 

See you on-line; Best Regards,
Publius

Posted: 04 May 2007 12:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21

[quote author=“Publius”][quote author=“Wotansson”] Americans in gereral are mostly fed up with foreign vistors who come here and repay our hospitality by violating our laws - laws that they would not dare to violate in their native lands for fear of prosecution. This is even more flagrant and insulting when they hide behind their clergy shield. I hope in this particular case that the individual was not only prosecuted to the full extent of the law but was also banned from future entry into this country. Schadenfreude? Das is kein Schandenfreude. Das ist Gerechtigkeit.

Stay Well
Wot

Wot,

This is an unimpressive non-sequitur.  Instead of addressing your morally “evolved” sense of schadenfreude, you’ve discoed to the topic of immigration, enforcement of anti-theft laws, xenophobia, and your probably deeply unfounded view that Americans are always and ever so respectful of host countries where they travel.

Now admittedly, your German is better than mine, but I trust this is an apt translation:  “There is no joy in disgrace.  This is justice.”  Of course, prosecution is justice.  But you clearly take joy not in the fact that the law was enforced (joy indeed seems a strange emotion for this), but rather the actual humiliation and shame someone must feel.  A person who hides behind the title of clergy does nothing more or less sinister than others who hide behind titles of power to conceal their corruption.  But one can sense a deep and soul consuming repressed anger and rage that seethes within you that delights in the folly of others.  Indeed, your non-sequitur then proceeds to an ad hominem about how I really need to get out of NYC more often.  But I’d imagine that would raise my chances of running into you and people like you—individuals clearly afflicted with fuzzy thinking.  As such, I must decline your offer. 

See you on-line; Best Regards,
Publius

Well you certainly have a full arsenal of the the currently popular buzz-words. Hmmm…unimpressive non-sequitur..I like it…nice touch. Sorry you could not follow. First you stay that the Germans have a “marvelous word” but then you demonstrate that you have no knowledge of the German language or how the word is used.
Soul consuming repressed anger and rage that seethes?...my, my my. Did you take one of those correspondence courses in psycho-analysis?
You have all the characheristics of a self-styled pseudo-intellectual who simply spouts words and phrases to feign some knowledge and thereby compensate for a lack of any legitimate education.
When you start accusing everyone, (myself, Mr. Moody et al) of fuzzy thinking, this is the first warning sign. Or did you miss that flyer in you correspondence course.
I have no objection to you containing yourself within the boundries of NYC.

Stay Well
Wot

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed