Why is there no graphic media?
Posted: 30 May 2007 06:29 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-05-30

I was about to post a picture of Sam Harris to help his works on my website and noticed that there really aren't any available. I looked through search engines and came up with nothing, and then checked back at this site and found nothing as well. I think it would be a good idea to add some pictures of him to the media section for use by the public. Has anyone else found any media I should consider using for my site?

Posted: 30 May 2007 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2007-03-08

You obviously haven’t bothered doing a Google-Images search.  I suggest you do.

Posted: 31 May 2007 04:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2007-05-30

Yes, I have searched both Google and Yahoo images and didn’t come up with anything of high-resolution or even colour.

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=sam+harris&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=sam+harris&fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8

It’s all the same few cropped, black and white, low resolution photographs. I was looking for something different.

Posted: 31 May 2007 04:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3208
Joined  2007-04-26

Seph, I suggest you ask Harris’ publicist or publisher. Many of these often have press packages or other items they provide to promote their clients.

I’ve worked as a journalist and free-lance writer. If Harris or Dawkins ever schedules a speaking engagement in my area, I’m tempted to request an interview. But I haven’t found a list on this site of any of Harris’ public appearances.

Posted: 31 May 2007 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2007-03-08

I’ve never seen any photos of Sam - besides the black and white ones - anywhere on the Internet.  Not even at sites like Point of Inquiry where he’s done podcasts.  I suspect those pics are the ones he makes available for such purposes.  Or, maybe he just doesn’t like being photographed smile

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed