The Fundamentals of Extremism
Posted: 31 August 2005 08:03 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1377
Joined  2004-12-21

Found this to be a really good group of essays, from various points-of-view, concerning the plans, tactics, and goals of the xtian right.  Makes you want to go out and buy a gun!

This little poem was in the book.  I tried to use it for a signature, but too many characters:

A Humanist Manifesto

In every age, the bigot's rage requires another focus,
Another devil forced on stage by hatred's hocus pocus.
The devil used to be a Jew and then it was the witches,
And then it was the Negroes who were digging all the ditches.
The devil once was colored pink and labeled Communistic,
Now, all at once, in just a blink, the devil's Humanistic.
—Curt Sytsma

Pete

Signature 

http://powerlessnolonger.com

Posted: 31 August 2005 09:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

The book had a similiar impact on me. While I was reading it,(which was some time ago) I had to exert every bit of willpower
not to throw a brick through the TV everytime I saw the ugly, insane,grinning , clown-head of pat robertson or some other fundy pig!!! Needless to say, the urge becomes
harder to resist everyday. Keep up the good fight!!!
Like Freud said referrring sarcastically to the nazis:

“What progress we are making, in the middle ages
they would’ve burned me, now they are content
merely burning my books”.

He luckily got out of Germany before his words proved tragically and ironically wrong, for they were not content. Many may think
it could never happen here. Perhaps not, but I for one don’t think
that’s a valid reason to ignore our own fundie fascists. The thought
of a pat or jerry in charge sends shivers down my spine. It’s bad enough as it is with W. Some other “apocalyptic” event like 911 or
worse, may energize the religious right crazies just enough and
more frightened, despairing,american, sheeple may be inclined to take they’re claims seriously. That angle alone may be cause for some alarm. Therefore, you can see how many of the worst problems of our times emanate directly from christianity and islam.
They both atleast have the potential to rival nazism and stalinism
as the most destructive ideas ever unleashed upon the earth. Who
would have thunk it in the 21st century??? Many of our enlightened rational thinkers of the past two centuries must be
turning over in they’re graves. I know i’m preaching to the choir, but these two toxic faiths,atleast, must be utterly vanquished!!! They both have destruction hard-wired in them. Though I don’t doubt mankind would eventually find some other destructive and
stupid idea. A certain 80’s punk rocker, wary of then Cali governor Jerry Brown,warned some 20-odd years ago of, “zen fascism” in a song entitled, “California UberAlles”.

Posted: 31 August 2005 09:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

The book had a similiar impact on me. While I was reading it,(which was some time ago) I had to exert every bit of willpower
not to throw a brick through the TV everytime I saw the ugly, insane,grinning , clown-head of pat robertson or some other fundy pig!!! Needless to say, the urge becomes
harder to resist everyday. Keep up the good fight!!!
Like Freud said referrring sarcastically to the nazis:

“What progress we are making, in the middle ages
they would’ve burned me, now they are content
merely burning my books”.

He luckily got out of Germany before his words proved tragically and ironically wrong, for they were not content. Many may think
it could never happen here. Perhaps not, but I for one don’t think
that’s a valid reason to ignore our own fundie fascists. The thought
of a pat or jerry in charge sends shivers down my spine. It’s bad enough as it is with W. Some other “apocalyptic” event like 911 or
worse, may energize the religious right crazies just enough and
more frightened, despairing,american, sheeple may be inclined to take they’re claims seriously. That angle alone may be cause for some alarm. Therefore, you can see how many of the worst problems of our times emanate directly from christianity and islam.
They both atleast have the potential to rival nazism and stalinism
as the most destructive ideas ever unleashed upon the earth. Who
would have thunk it in the 21st century??? Many of our enlightened rational thinkers of the past two centuries must be
turning over in they’re graves. I know i’m preaching to the choir, but these two toxic faiths,atleast, must be utterly vanquished!!! They both have destruction hard-wired in them. Though I don’t doubt mankind would eventually find some other destructive and
stupid idea. A certain 80’s punk rocker, wary of then Cali governor Jerry Brown,warned some 20-odd years ago of, “zen fascism” in a song entitled, “California UberAlles”.

Posted: 12 January 2006 01:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  117
Joined  2005-11-13

I think that islam and christianity have the same roots in the abraham tradition of monotheism. Further,didn’t islam appear in reaction for the depredations of the christian faith in the middle-east in those days?So,if that is the case,you guys know facts and details much better than me, christianty is now fighting the offspring of its own faith,islam, that is using the xtians own theological dogma as a justification for their destruction.It is almost too funny to be true,but it is the way I remember my history courses.
Naturally I could go on about the bible containing a warning about doing what the churches and the believers are fond of doing: judging what you do is wrong because of this or that…In fact if the story is read carefully,it jumps right at your face that the churches have believed the lie of satan to this day.It is the lie that good ol’ adam & eve had been warned against. Funny how muslims and xtians have chosen to believe that lie and have killed or tortured anyone who would dare to preach that the xtian was not a doomed man but was born a god. Present that idea to a fundamentalist and see what they say.
Funny how one can read the bible when he doesn’t believe.
From the beginning those of abraham’s faith have chosen to believe the lie, just like the story tells. In doing so they strive for a life in the future that they have already started living.So,instead of enjoying its pleasures with “kindness for your neighbour”(Rassmussen), they are inflicting all kinds of deprivations and suffering on themselves and the world to “earn” the next one. I am not a gambler,but this doesn’t sound like a good bet.

‹‹ Transhuman conflict      New book review ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed