The fate of the universe
Posted: 12 June 2007 10:54 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2007-04-14

I just finished reading a book called "The Last Three Minutes" it's about the fate of the universe and claims that the universe is dying.  I"ve heard so many end of the world scenarios, not only from religion but also science, saying the sun will die out, that global warming will destory the earth, or as in the book, the universe is dying, all extremely depressing to hear.  I've also thought about what qualities have come out of religion, for example, does rationality come from religion?  As in rationalizing following the bible out of fear of hell? Also how do you explain emotions?  Can emotions be scientificly explained.  What makes christianity works is the idea of Jesus, healing and feeding the starving, if we follow his example we are helping the survival of our species.  If Jesus didn't exist, would we even care about others, etc. What exactly causes us to think the way we do, sorry my post is kinda random, touching on different subjects, had alot on my mind.

Posted: 12 June 2007 01:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  22
Joined  2007-04-14

Without Jesus is there total chaos?

Posted: 13 June 2007 09:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  43
Joined  2007-03-08
[quote author=“bribri10134”]I just finished reading a book called “The Last Three Minutes” it’s about the fate of the universe and claims that the universe is dying.  I"ve heard so many end of the world scenarios, not only from religion but also science, saying the sun will die out, that global warming will destory the earth, or as in the book, the universe is dying, all extremely depressing to hear.

Yeah, I agree.  That “universe is dying” thing has kept me up at night more times than I can remember.  I keep thinking, “This sucks.  I really don’t want to be around when that happens And I don’t want my kids to see it either.”

Oh, wait…...........

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed