1 of 2
Harris/Dawkins versus Coulter
Posted: 26 June 2007 12:18 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2007-06-03

If possible, can we orchestrate a debate between Sam Harris or Richard Dawkins versus Ann Coulter on the topic of religious barbarism and/or evolution?

It would be unfair, but interesting nonetheless.  Maybe Coulter will claim Harris and/or Dawkins are "fags".

Only time will tell.

Posted: 26 June 2007 02:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1539
Joined  2006-12-04

[quote author=“perpetualdoubt”]If possible, can we orchestrate a debate between Sam Harris or Richard Dawkins versus Ann Coulter on the topic of religious barbarism and/or evolution?

It would be unfair, but interesting nonetheless.  Maybe Coulter will claim Harris and/or Dawkins are “fags”.

Only time will tell.

How about a written debate, without the chance for interruption?

Signature 

“The hands that help are better far than the lips that pray.”
          — Robert G. Ingersoll

Posted: 26 June 2007 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2007-06-03

Perhaps a written debate might be nice, but I think it would be interesting to see if Harris would lash out.  I know Dawkins has no problem yelling at people, but Harris always seems very passive.

Posted: 27 June 2007 02:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  951
Joined  2007-06-23

I don’t know. My instinctual response to a Coulter v. Harris or Dawkins debate was “Oooo yeah, I’d pay good money to see that”. But the Ann Coulters of the world tend to dig their own graves, and the kind of people who listen to her aren’t particularly interested in voices of reason. I’m not sure anything could be accomplished by this. It would be fun to watch, though.

Not to mention, if you were going to put Coulter-ites and Harris, Dawkins, Hitchens etc. in the same auditorium for a live debate; I really wouldn’t want to be the guy in charge of security. I can see the story now:

“I am the right hand of God”, said the man who gunned down author Sam Harris outside of the auditorium where he had debated celebrated right-wing commentator Ann Coulter just moments before. The alleged gunman has been arrested numerous times before loitering near women’s health centers while carrying concealed firearms but has never been charged with anything other than misdemeanors. Police released a statement which read, in part, “...While the alleged gunman was previously known to the police, we had no reason to believe he would behave in this manner at this time…”...

Colorful enough for ya?

Signature 

He who is not a misanthrope at forty can never have loved mankind  -Chamfort

Posted: 20 October 2007 05:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2006-12-02
mpbrockman - 27 June 2007 06:17 PM

I don’t know. My instinctual response to a Coulter v. Harris or Dawkins debate was “Oooo yeah, I’d pay good money to see that”. But the Ann Coulters of the world tend to dig their own graves, and the kind of people who listen to her aren’t particularly interested in voices of reason. I’m not sure anything could be accomplished by this. It would be fun to watch, though.

Not to mention, if you were going to put Coulter-ites and Harris, Dawkins, Hitchens etc. in the same auditorium for a live debate; I really wouldn’t want to be the guy in charge of security. I can see the story now:

“I am the right hand of God”, said the man who gunned down author Sam Harris outside of the auditorium where he had debated celebrated right-wing commentator Ann Coulter just moments before. The alleged gunman has been arrested numerous times before loitering near women’s health centers while carrying concealed firearms but has never been charged with anything other than misdemeanors. Police released a statement which read, in part, “...While the alleged gunman was previously known to the police, we had no reason to believe he would behave in this manner at this time…”...

Colorful enough for ya?

For an oral debate, my vote would be Hitchens v. Coulter.  Hitchens has that alcoholic, pissed-off British, unhappy with his life sharpness that is needed when dealing with a psycopathic babbling idiot like Coulter. 

Harris is the far better writer of course.  We should start Harris in a written debate.

Posted: 21 October 2007 12:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  585
Joined  2007-10-11

I’d fear for our boy Sam !!  I’d fear for Dawkins and Hitchins too ! I’d fear for anyone who comes into the same room with that hissing , gawky, witch of a woman. Edwards is right to call her a “She-devil ” The woman is absolutly repulsive !
She’s an example of a religious self-rightious not-wit who embarrasses Christianity. She insults so many people , and gets away with it. I think she hides the nastiness of it with humor—if that’s what it is. The only reason I could bear her is that she dislikes Islam and is willing to speak out about it . UGH !!

Posted: 22 October 2007 06:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3765
Joined  2007-03-11
Dee - 21 October 2007 04:27 AM

She’s an example of a religious self-rightious not-wit who embarrasses Christianity.

I agree.  I really can’t get inside of her head and try to figure what makes her tick. It can’t just be the money - she’s too passionate.  I think she just likes to piss people off, and has found a way to do it, and make money and get attention at the same time.

Posted: 23 October 2007 10:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5404
Joined  2006-09-27

Scenes We’d Like To See:

Somewhere deep in the confines of the White House, a tableau involving George W. Bush, Anne Coulter, and a cigar. And yes, Anne Coulter’s choppers. Think of it as a way of taking the concept of presidential dicklessness to new heights.

Signature 

INVEST in cynicism!

Posted: 27 October 2007 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2005-04-25
Bruce Burleson - 22 October 2007 10:17 PM

She’s an example of a religious self-rightious not-wit who embarrasses Christianity.

I agree.  I really can’t get inside of her head and try to figure what makes her tick. It can’t just be the money - she’s too passionate.  I think she just likes to piss people off, and has found a way to do it, and make money and get attention at the same time.

Bruce… you disappoint me. Conservatives usually know THE DEAL.

Left wing loons regularly say the most outlandish things (I wish there was a website to track all the garbage they say) and it never gets traction in the dinosaur media (because they don’t want to hurt their “friends”). Coulter, on the other hand, like Rush Limbaugh, Shawn Hannity, Bill O’Reilly and other conservative, Republican, or Christian leaders are MONITORED….(did you know that???) yes, I said MONITORED by an army of machines…err, college students, who seek to embarrass, humiliate, or destroy them. Yes, every word, every minute of air time is carefully sifted through to find the one “perceived” faux pas they can BLAST FAX to every media outlet.

Now, mind you, the “perceived” faux pas might not even be a faux pas, might not even be a problem. NO WORRRRRRIES, the machines…err, college students (Media Matters, MoveOn.org and other Secular Nazis) will spin it out of context and then use it in a scurrilous attempt to defame or destroy the Conservative, Christian, Republican leader (I know, I know….Goebbels would have shed a tear of pride, these are his children).

Oh, don’t go away…no,no, nuuuuu, we’re not done here. It does get worse Bruce, but hang with me. Don’t get sick just yet. Here is the final piece to THE DEAL. Media outlets, Democrats, and Liberal leaders will run with the out of context story without checking on the facts! Case in point, the Rush Limbaugh Phoney Soldiers story. But then again, this has been going on for at least 6 years. Been getting worse and more frequent as the years go by.

But something has changed over the course of the Bush Administration. Bush, by all accounts a decent honest man, a totally likable person who anybody could see themselves having an O’Douls with, a man who opens his arms and sought to be a uniter, was rejected by the left wing who sought to divide, mislead, humiliate on the world stage, embarrass, and destroy him. Yes, its true. It so true, its so obvious that it is the pink elephant in the room. Bush spent gov money and increased gov programs like a drunken sailor…err, Democrat and they still rejected him. He had huge gains in the economy and while they absorbed the blessings of economic gain and saftey from terrorism, they STILL sought to be dividers, siding even with despots and America’s enemies over siding with Bush.

Yes, 100 years from now colleges and universities across the land will look back at this generation and wonder how we actually managed to survive. Truth and honesty are not important to this generation. This is the generation of Secular Nazis, God help us.

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 01 November 2007 09:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-25
TheChampion - 27 October 2007 01:44 PM
Bruce Burleson - 22 October 2007 10:17 PM

Bruce… you disappoint me. Conservatives usually know THE DEAL.

Left wing loons regularly say the most outlandish things (I wish there was a website to track all the garbage they say) and it never gets traction in the dinosaur media (because they don’t want to hurt their “friends”). Coulter, on the other hand, like Rush Limbaugh, Shawn Hannity, Bill O’Reilly and other conservative, Republican, or Christian leaders are MONITORED….(did you know that???) yes, I said MONITORED by an army of machines…err, college students, who seek to embarrass, humiliate, or destroy them. Yes, every word, every minute of air time is carefully sifted through to find the one “perceived” faux pas they can BLAST FAX to every media outlet.

Now, mind you, the “perceived” faux pas might not even be a faux pas, might not even be a problem. NO WORRRRRRIES, the machines…err, college students (Media Matters, MoveOn.org and other Secular Nazis) will spin it out of context and then use it in a scurrilous attempt to defame or destroy the Conservative, Christian, Republican leader (I know, I know….Goebbels would have shed a tear of pride, these are his children).

Oh, don’t go away…no,no, nuuuuu, we’re not done here. It does get worse Bruce, but hang with me. Don’t get sick just yet. Here is the final piece to THE DEAL. Media outlets, Democrats, and Liberal leaders will run with the out of context story without checking on the facts! Case in point, the Rush Limbaugh Phoney Soldiers story. But then again, this has been going on for at least 6 years. Been getting worse and more frequent as the years go by.

But something has changed over the course of the Bush Administration. Bush, by all accounts a decent honest man, a totally likable person who anybody could see themselves having an O’Douls with, a man who opens his arms and sought to be a uniter, was rejected by the left wing who sought to divide, mislead, humiliate on the world stage, embarrass, and destroy him. Yes, its true. It so true, its so obvious that it is the pink elephant in the room. Bush spent gov money and increased gov programs like a drunken sailor…err, Democrat and they still rejected him. He had huge gains in the economy and while they absorbed the blessings of economic gain and saftey from terrorism, they STILL sought to be dividers, siding even with despots and America’s enemies over siding with Bush.

Yes, 100 years from now colleges and universities across the land will look back at this generation and wonder how we actually managed to survive. Truth and honesty are not important to this generation. This is the generation of Secular Nazis, God help us.

Wow, one week and no secular nazi attacks on Christians, Conservatives, or Republicans. What gives? You know….THE DEAL is in the works somewhere. They will never stop until they destroy us.

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 04 November 2007 09:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2006-12-05

champ, you are aware that the republicans were in complete control of the government for a period of 6 years prior to 2006, aren’t you?

Conservatives only have themselves to blame for their own undoing. Naturally, they blame everybody else- the ‘liberal media’ , the democrats, ACLU, fags, non christians, and any other minority group they can point to as the source of all the nations’ ills.

I would of thought that moral superiority of yours would include taking responsibility for you’re own actions, champ?

Signature 

“All Truth passes through Three Stages: First, it is Ridiculed…
Second, it is Violently Opposed…
Third, it is Accepted as being Self-Evident.”

- Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted: 04 November 2007 01:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1814
Joined  2006-11-10

How about setting up a debate between Ms. Coulter and a pack of half-starved hyenas ?

Signature 

“You know I’m born to lose, and gambling is for fools.
But that’s the way I like it baby, I don’t want to live forever.”

From the autobiography of A.A.Mills, ‘The passage of time, according to an estranged, casual tyrant.’

Posted: 04 November 2007 02:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3765
Joined  2007-03-11
Sander - 04 November 2007 06:39 PM

How about setting up a debate between Ms. Coulter and a pack of half-starved hyenas ?

But hyenas only eat dead ... oh, I see what you mean.

Posted: 05 November 2007 07:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-25
Bruce Burleson - 04 November 2007 07:46 PM
Sander - 04 November 2007 06:39 PM

But hyenas only eat dead ... oh, I see what you mean.

Coulter is great man! I love her. She says the equivalent of the things the left wing says (and no other conservative has the you-know-whats to say). But of course, what SHE says gets a lot of traction in the media. What THEY say gets little or no traction in the media.

An obvious double-standard, obvious bias, obvious anti-conservatism by the dinosaur media.

Things like the above are why we switched to other sources, like talk radio (which oddly enough, many times gives us the real news about a day before it hits the dinosaur media), like the internet (Drudge…..how many times…...how many times…...chuckle…, how many times does he beat the dinosaurs to the scoop?....many), like Fox News (a precocious wonderful breath of fresh media air, the dinosaurs hate em because the give a voice to both sides, something they never allowed before).

So yes, I love Coulter. And if you have reason to hate her, then you are a hypocrite because she says thing no more outlandish than the Democrats in power, ha! Can you believe it!

Signature 

Posted: 05 November 2007 08:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  306
Joined  2007-10-24

All the Republican believers (redundant?) I know adore Coulter, and are proud to claim her as their own because they think she’s “hot.”  (Sorry Sander - I hope you made it to the toilet in time to vomit.)  It’s the “a girl with a brain!” phenomenon.  Ever seen a non-mutant girl join a chess club?  ‘Nuff said.

Signature 

Modern science has been a voyage into the unknown, with a lesson in humility waiting at every stop. Many passengers would rather have stayed home.
          —Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot

Posted: 06 November 2007 07:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2007-10-31

I love Ann Coulter. She’s downright hilarious! She gets so riled up when she tries to argue points so she makes stuff up or says things that aren’t true. When it’s exposed it’s even more hilarious!

We need more comedians like Ann Coulter.

Signature 

“If God doesn’t exist, how do we explain chocolate macadamia nut brownies?”
“God(s) made me an atheist. Who are you to question Him/Them?”
“Religion spelt backwards is noigiler. I don’t think that means anything, just thought I’d say it.”
“I programmed religion into a computer. Output was Insufficient evidence.”
“God and prayer aren’t saving my mum from cancer. Medical Science is.”

1 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed