4 of 19
to prove God
Posted: 06 August 2007 09:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1538
Joined  2006-12-04

[quote author=“pj2d01”]You’re saying I’m practicing wishful thinking, I think you’re the one doing that.

There is no “casual dismissal” going on here. Have you perused the forum? Do you understand that your argument has been addressed and deconstructed many times over? Have you read any Harris at all?

Signature 

“The hands that help are better far than the lips that pray.”
          — Robert G. Ingersoll

Posted: 06 August 2007 09:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-04

[quote author=“pj2d01”]All this stupid “face your mortality” trash is responsibe for all this midlife crisis junk, retirement, old age, put out to pasture garbage, youth worship filth, being a damn teenager as the apex of your life evil, the destruction of any value or worth to history.

You do ramble, don’t you? Try a bit less stream-of-consciousness. Are you saying that the “this is all we have” outlook produces angst? As opposed to promise of a heavenly immortality, but only with good behavior, which causes people to disregard not only their own lives, but those of others?

Sex as the most important thing in life worthlessness. Hedonist stupidity.

Sounds like a personal problem.

Acting like your standing up for intellect, your destroying intellect! Man please, your standing up for raw psychosis and nothing else.

Try elucidating a bit. This is blather.

Signature 

— Robert G. Ingersoll

Posted: 06 August 2007 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-04

[quote author=“pj2d01”][quote author=“HappyHeathen”][quote author=“pj2d01”]All this stupid “face your mortality” trash is responsibe for all this midlife crisis junk, retirement, old age, put out to pasture garbage, youth worship filth, being a damn teenager as the apex of your life evil, the destruction of any value or worth to history.

You do ramble, don’t you? Try a bit less stream-of-consciousness. Are you saying that the “this is all we have” outlook produces angst? As opposed to promise of a heavenly immortality, but only with good behavior, which causes people to disregard not only their own lives, but those of others?

Sex as the most important thing in life worthlessness. Hedonist stupidity.

Sounds like a personal problem.

Acting like your standing up for intellect, your destroying intellect! Man please, your standing up for raw psychosis and nothing else.

Try elucidating a bit. This is blather.

Your obvious. Your just trying to hurl insults, but I know my character is sound. You obviously don’t believe in much truth, just manipulating people.

Asking for clarification is hurling insults? Asking you to think about what you say is maniuplative? Sounds like typical religious brainwashing to me. Respond in detail to questions that people ask you here, or you cannot be taken seriously. Have an intellectually honest conversation.

Signature 

— Robert G. Ingersoll

Posted: 06 August 2007 10:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-04

[quote author=“pj2d01”][quote author=“HappyHeathen”][quote author=“pj2d01”]You’re saying I’m practicing wishful thinking, I think you’re the one doing that.

There is no “casual dismissal” going on here. Have you perused the forum? Do you understand that your argument has been addressed and deconstructed many times over? Have you read any Harris at all?

I watched Harris on CSPAN like 2 yrs ago. I know athiesm, I know your arguments. I perused this forum. I live in this society. You’re not saying much against me.

Do you feel I’m against you or your ideas?  From your tone, my impression is the former.

I’ve had personal experience with the paranormal, and supernatural,

Could you replicate these experiences, or prove they weren’t constructs of your own psychosis?

and there reports of psychic phenom all over the earth throughout history. What the hell do you think these Eastern mystics practice? How the hell are you supposed to walk through bloody brick walls?

I’ve read the tabloids, too. Magic tricks. And if one wants to practice what they call “mysticism” that’s fine.  It actually has nothing to d!o with anything. But please discuss your supernatural experiences!

You just have a nice sophisticated lie that you can use to delude yourself with

Life, not lie. It’s not sophistication, but education and the ability to reason.

and lead people around by the nose with. But in raw hard nature, the human jungle, you would get torn to shreds, and you would be drooling in a cup in your local psych ward screaming for Jesus to resue you.

Honestly, who’s leading whom around by the nose in this religiostupified country? And why would you suppose that I don’t live (as you do?) in “raw hard nature, the human jungle” (you sound either like a movie trailer or like you’re trying to come with a title for a bad pulp fiction novel)? I’m not “torn to shreds”. You, however….

Signature 

— Robert G. Ingersoll

Posted: 06 August 2007 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-04

But it sounds, pj2d01, like you really really want to believe.  If that’s all, have at it. But what are you doing here, then?

Signature 

— Robert G. Ingersoll

Posted: 06 August 2007 11:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-04

[quote author=“pj2d01”][quote author=“HappyHeathen”]But it sounds, pj2d01, like you really really want to believe.  If that’s all, have at it. But what are you doing here, then?

I’m here to refine my thoughts in battle essentially.

That’s a noble enough objective. But to do battle, you’ll need to arm yourself with reason here. Otherwise, it’s as if we’re playing tennis - I hit the ball to you only to discover you don’t even have a racket. (Harris).

Signature 

— Robert G. Ingersoll

Posted: 06 August 2007 11:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2807
Joined  2005-04-29

[quote author=“pj2d01”][quote author=“HappyHeathen”]But it sounds, pj2d01, like you really really want to believe.  If that’s all, have at it. But what are you doing here, then?

I’m here to refine my thoughts in battle essentially.

Are you a Christian? If so what specific club? If not Christianity, what?

Signature 

Philosophy may in no way interfere with the actual use of language; it can in the end only describe it. For it cannot give it any foundations either. It leaves everything as it is.
Ludwig Wittgenstein

Posted: 06 August 2007 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  950
Joined  2006-06-26

[quote author=“pj2d01”]Your trying to push my buttons, fine, no problem. I might sound angry(so what?), I am angry(good), this world is evil as hell why shouldn’t I be angry. But rambling, and disoriented, I don’t think so.

To the contrary, I’m just trying to get a handle on your motivation.

[quote author=“pj2d01”]I mentioned Star Wars because it was a cultural phenom which means it tapped into something in the national psyche. SciFi is essentially religion and mythology with popular culture, and high technology mixed in, so it can be very revealing. Anybody who knows anything knows truth is everywhere in everything. Star Wars, and SciFi in general shows a total unity of psychic phenomenon(religion) with science so its a useful weapon against this Science vs. Religion brainwashing, and sheepherding.

I loved the original three Star Wars episodes, saw them all a few times, however, I saw them then, just as I still do, as ENTERTAINMENT, no more, no less. They, in and of themselves are not instructional in the art of some type of “physic phenomenon.” They are FICTION, because in the real world there has never been a case of demonstrable, repeatable, scientifically verified physic phenomena. If I am wrong on this point, direct me to a peer reviewed paper or study on it and I will personally apologize to you on this forum.

[quote author=“pj2d01”]I don’t need to face mortality because I’ve seen for myself the mental plane is a plane all by itself existing independently of material, infact controlling material, and manipulating it. Material is of a lesser order to energy(sprit).

See above. Material is not a lesser order to(?) energy. Remember E=mcXc? (I don’t know how to do superscripts) Matter and energy are interchangeable. In fact a very small amount of matter, when converted to energy, yields a LOT of energy. You are familiar with nuclear weapons, aren’t you?

[quote author=“pj2d01”]The hell with it; “luminous beings are we, not this crude matter” Yoda. Why not quote that, it’s true. George Lucas said he studied ancient mythology and legend for Star Wars. That’s what happens when you think deep enough, you realize thought is a quality all by itself. It’s some kind energy type(I don’t know which).

You said it yourself, Lucas studied ancient mythology and legend for Star Wars. It’s all based on fantasy.

[quote author=“pj2d01”]I believe in Christ, and the Bible because I’ve seen their power on earth, and with men. Fine maybe they are distorted and used for wrong purposes, but the power is there and undeniable, and when you get the corruption of the church out of there, man, forget it, the spritual nourishment is beyond belief, you feel like a wide eyed 10yo all over again(in a good way). Your casual dismissals hold no weight. You’re saying I’m practicing wishful thinking, I think you’re the one doing that.

If you get the corruption out of the church, there will be nothing left, if will implode in on itself.

The only function of religion is to control people. Period.

By the way, just which asylum are you in?

Signature 

“We have it recorded in a book called the Bible.”

To be blunt, the Bible records all manner of silly shit.

Posted: 06 August 2007 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-04

[quote author=“pj2d01”]You seem like some Svengali to me.

How so?

I make plenty of sense but your trying to tell me otherwise.

Do you really think you make sense to me? If I’m asking you to clarify your proclamations, to offer up some evidence for them, and you won’t/cant’, how is this making sense? You might make sense to yourself. If my clarity-seeking questions lead you to think I’m trying to tell you that you don’t make sense, either you don’t or you’re paranoid, or both.

This is actually an educational experience for me seeing into peoples characters. I’m assuming your all a bunch of softer than ice cream yuppies,

You’re sorely mistaken there. Maybe an educational experience would consist of letting go of your assumptions.raspberry

but you seem like might actually be a bit of a killer, ofcourse you’re still an atheist, and atheism generally can only exist in an ivory tower matrix.

What do you mean by “ivory tower”? It has at least a couple of different connotations.

Raw hard nature, the human jungle, where people do whatever they want, whenever they want, including killing and chopping up bodies, and making $10mil off it, and making theie way into polite society, and their sons and daughters becoming your future employers. I’ve seen people get their minds chewed up by it, and the churches are full of them. It also cancels out virtually all atheism, and various demonic religions reign.

You should consider addressing one idea at a time, and coming to some sort of complete statement about that one idea. The above is mud. What’s the essence of your meaning here?

Signature 

— Robert G. Ingersoll

Posted: 06 August 2007 11:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-04

[quote author=“pj2d01”]My supernatural experiences. I could get into it, but I don’t want to go too deep, because I’m allergic to bullets.

You’re afraid of being challenged, in other words? Get used to it, if you decide to stick around.

Anyway, It’s thoughts becoming so hard and strong, you see they have a life of their own. Right there all religious concepts become fact, and right there you better calm yourself and get a grip quick or you might never been seen or heard from again.

Is this from the “X Files”?  The idea here, as I translate it, seems to be that the strength of your thoughts scares you. Or perhaps they feel overpowering to you. That is not religious, it is mental. If your last sentence is the culmination of these thoughts, might I suggest seeing a good doctor?

Signature 

— Robert G. Ingersoll

Posted: 06 August 2007 11:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-29

[quote author=“pj2d01”]My supernatural experiences. I could get into it, but I don’t want to go too deep, because I’m allergic to bullets. Anyway, It’s thoughts becoming so hard and strong, you see they have a life of their own. Right there all religious concepts become fact, and right there you better calm yourself and get a grip quick or you might never been seen or heard from again.

If you’re allergic to bullets, pj-etc., I would recommend you rethink your plans around here. People have been gentle so far, but only the more tolerant sorts have so far addressed you. You sound sufficiently loony to be worth scanning your words, and if you hold back (at least temporarily) on the psychic energy/raw nature bullshit, your words may or may not be worth reading more closely. And if you have any stories about nuthouse experiences, I suspect that many of us would appreciate hearing them. I know I would.

Signature 

Philosophy may in no way interfere with the actual use of language; it can in the end only describe it. For it cannot give it any foundations either. It leaves everything as it is.
Ludwig Wittgenstein

Posted: 06 August 2007 11:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-04

[quote author=“pj2d01”]The documented Eastern mystic practices are proof

Documented? Anything can written down. Where’s the evidence? The unbiased scientific peer review?

, and magicians like Blaine, and Criss Angel. Signs, so hard and definite related to whats going through your mind, over and over again in sucession, that it’s straight denial to admit otherwise

Don’t give magicians a bad name silly. They know they’re deceiving you with trickery. They know there’s no magic behind those tricks.

, and the simple acknowledgement that your mind is a part of the universe in which it resides. What’s so crazy about that?

This statement has no contextual meaning. It’s a non-sequitor.  Now really, dude, put up or shut up. Seriously.

Signature 

— Robert G. Ingersoll

Posted: 06 August 2007 11:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-04

[quote author=“pj2d01”]Wrong, I am scared, I know how real society works. Religion is based on psychic phenom. That’s the point. The “mental matrix”. You see it in your 3rd eye, 6th sense. The last sentence means you might wind up a vegetable.

No, it means that you already have. You seem unable to make sense, and I think the answer is meds.

Signature 

— Robert G. Ingersoll

Posted: 06 August 2007 11:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-12-04

[quote author=“pj2d01”]I’m scared of metal physical bullets penetrating my body. Mental bullets, I don’t think so, I think I’m holding my own. I’m glad your calling me crazy, I’ve never really been called that before, and I know I’m not. I think I’m bending you. Since your the gatekeepers of science, I know I have to go through you to claim science for myself.

I think you’re trying to “have a good time” with us. But I’m going to ask you to stop posting unless you can actually contribute something of worth to say.  Sound good?

Signature 

— Robert G. Ingersoll

Posted: 06 August 2007 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-29

[quote author=“pj2d01”]I’m scared of metal physical bullets penetrating my body. Mental bullets, I don’t think so, I think I’m holding my own. I’m glad your calling me crazy, I’ve never really been called that before, and I know I’m not. I think I’m bending you. Since your the gatekeepers of science, I know I have to go through you to claim science for myself.

Tell you what: bend the left tang (or is it “prong”?) of the top fork in the far left part of the drawer in my kitchen at midnight tonight. I’ll check it in the morning and report back on the micrometer measurement. Bend it in any direction you choose—I’ll be sure to blueprint the tang before midnight to within +-.001”. And I’m crazy enough myself to actually do the measuring.

Signature 

Ludwig Wittgenstein

4 of 19

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed