Eye Evolution
Posted: 25 September 2005 01:30 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1377
Joined  2004-12-21

I hope I live long enough to see all of the barriers fall.  The pace of science is accellerating every year, so perhaps I might.  The only sad part of this particular story is where the work was done.  I fear most of the breakthroughs in the future will be made overseas as we slip further into the morass.

Pete

Signature 

http://powerlessnolonger.com

Posted: 25 September 2005 01:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  413
Joined  2005-06-05

Great article!

Signature 

The road of excess leads to the palace of Wisedom
-William Blake, “Proverbs of Hell”

Life, what is it but a dream?
- Lewis Carroll, “A boat Beneath a Sunny Sky

Posted: 26 September 2005 12:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1229
Joined  2004-12-22

Yes Hampsteade I feel your pain.

We will be a bunch of ignorant barbarians yelling how great we are = )

Posted: 26 September 2005 12:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2005-04-25

hampsteadpete, if you have to kill babies to achieve breakthroughs, let’s allow others to achieve them. What good is a break threw when it is achieved WITHOUT God’s blessing?

Can a man take fire into his bosom and not get burned? Unless the Lord build the house, you labor in vain than to try all, building anything not according to his call.

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 01 October 2005 11:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

After reading yet another one of your many enthralling rants on how it is you’ve come to the realization that being a blazing nincompoop is a good way to live, that you really like the idea of having a theocracy, you would hypocritically support, I’ve decided from now on to acknowledge you as the Taliban reject of the West.  You are Al Tali-Chank.

The power of kripes compels you Tali-Chank!  La la al ala loo loo loo loo bibloo bibloo bibloo!  Look, speaking in tongues, like the Tali-Chank.

Posted: 03 October 2005 02:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  707
Joined  2005-05-16

[quote author=“TheChampion”]hampsteadpete, if you have to kill babies to achieve breakthroughs, let’s allow others to achieve them. What good is a break threw when it is achieved WITHOUT God’s blessing?
quote]

Numbers, chapter 31

Posted: 09 October 2005 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2005-10-09

How does any of this relate to the evolution of the eye?

The eye has a well defined evolution inclkuding “partial” eyes, scenning eyes and photoreceptive cells

Posted: 19 October 2005 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2005-10-19

i agree

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed