YOUR Money will support these bigots if bush has his way!
Posted: 03 October 2005 11:16 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1377
Joined  2004-12-21

I am so damn sick of this crap!  Many of you, I know, take a softer line than I do with these people, and that's fine, if it works for you.  Myself, I don't think they should get any slack at all!  What can you do?  Support the people who are fighting them!

Signature 

http://powerlessnolonger.com

Posted: 03 October 2005 04:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  40
Joined  2005-04-02

Their web site (http://www.ocschools.org/) has posted a Q&A letter and an e-mail address. The more concerned mail they get the better.

Posted: 04 October 2005 11:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3166
Joined  2005-04-25

hampsteadpete, what are you worried about? Now the kid has to go to a public school and learn evolution and morals defined by you guys, liberals/progressive.

hampsteadpete, I thought you would be rejoicing at the prospect of having this child “deprogrammed” from having spiritual and moral values? What gives? You WANT her to stay in a Christian school? I don’t know, I think you are confused and your priorities are all over the map. That is the problem with you liberals. You want your cake and eat it too. You want it all both ways, all the time.

hampsteadpete, I digress? (I think not.)

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 04 October 2005 12:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21

hampsteadpete, I thought you would be rejoicing at the prospect of having this child “deprogrammed” from having spiritual and moral values? What gives? You WANT her to stay in a Christian school? I don’t know, I think you are confused and your priorities are all over the map. That is the problem with you liberals. You want your cake and eat it too. You want it all both ways, all the time.

A fair question, I can see how you would be confused.  My point is, I dont want my tax money to support a school who would treat a fellow human being as that girl was treated.  Yes, I think in the long run she is better off in a secular school, but I am not her parents, and it is their decision.

I also believe the school has a right to accept whom they please, as long as they receive no federal funding.  It’s a tax-supporting-religion that I have a problem with.

Signature 

Posted: 04 October 2005 01:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-25

hampsteadpete, I too see your point in regards to:

I also believe the school has a right to accept whom they please, as long as they receive no federal funding. It’s a tax-supporting-religion that I have a problem with.

In defense of the Christian schools, they routinely turn out powerhouse students. I mean, even my Jewish friends send their kids to private Catholic schools. This for the value of the education. If these schools be the best, why would you not want inner city kids or less fortunate children to not have a chance at the brass ring of parochial schools?

What about you? Have kids? Want them at your runned down local public school or at the ritzy catholic parochial school where the kids are ahead of their peers and get readily accept into prestigious systems such as the UC schools? What is YOUR choice?

Signature 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matt 11:28-29

Posted: 04 October 2005 04:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21

What about you? Have kids? Want them at your runned down local public school or at the ritzy catholic parochial school where the kids are ahead of their peers and get readily accept into prestigious systems such as the UC schools? What is YOUR choice?

My choice?  I would want them to have open minds, a clear view of history, free choices, and a good background in science.  They would get none of these at a Christian school.  Christian schools graduate robots, and this was not always the case.

I attended a Catholic high school for a year, and it was the most challenging year I had in school.  The brothers who taught there were not about dogma, they were about excellance.  I read “origin of species” that year, and had Darwin explained to me by someone who knew what he was talking about, and he didnt molest me either.

At some point, the dogma became more important than the education, even at Catholic schools.  I suspect it was due to relaxing of the teacher’s qualifications, but that is only a guess.  Seems like every year I noticed more and more “lay” teachers, and fewer brothers.

As you know, I have absolutly no respect for your version of check-your-brains-at-the-door Christianity.  How you and millions like you can totally ignore logic and common sense to actually believe the absurdities you believe is an abomination to me, and I would never expose any children of mine to anything like it, except to give it the ridicule it deserves.

Signature 

Posted: 04 October 2005 05:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-04-25

Hi hampsteadpete, you said: As you know, I have absolutly no respect for your version of check-your-brains-at-the-door Christianity. How you and millions like you can totally ignore logic and common sense to actually believe the absurdities you believe is an abomination to me, and I would never expose any children of mine to anything like it, except to give it the ridicule it deserves.

But remember hampsteadpete, God’s logic and man’s logic are two different things. God already said that man would reject God’s logic because it is too simple, etc. For example, God’s logic in sending his son to die upon a cross, for the Jew a stumbling block, for the gentile pure nonsense. Hampsteadpete, you’ve allied yourself with the opposition. Maybe you should go back and investigate the spiritual side. You might be surprised at what you find.

Signature 

Posted: 04 October 2005 05:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  291
Joined  2005-04-02

[quote author=“TC”]Have kids? Want them at your runned down local public school or at the ritzy catholic parochial school where the kids are ahead of their peers and get readily accept into prestigious systems such as the UC schools? What is YOUR choice?

Hey, TC. As usual, you don’t know what you’re talking about. I went to catholic school K-12th grade. We were taught evolution in science class. Creationism was taught in religion class only, where it belongs.

[quote author=“TC”]hampsteadpete, I thought you would be rejoicing at the prospect of having this child “deprogrammed” from having spiritual and moral values? What gives?

TC, you’ve made it abundantly clear that without your christian beliefs, you would become a remorse thief, rapist and murderer, but I have to tell you that most people have a healthier conscience and more self control than you apparently do. People can and do develop a healthy sense of morality without any religion involved.

Posted: 13 January 2006 01:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-21

Morality comes from the Divine laws and revelation. This is not picked up by osmosis.

Bullshit!  Morality has evolved in our species in over 1,000,000 years of human contact.  Are you foolish enough to believe that murder, theft, and lying were “OK” before the ten suggestions?  If you do, you know nothing about human history.

Morality did not develop because of the fear of some mythical hell, it evolved because it is necessary in order for people to live in proximity to one another and survive as a group.

The more I read of your posts, the more I realize how pathetic the “christian” life really is.

Signature 

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed