Hijacked from Noggin (I’d like the answers)
Posted: 27 September 2007 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  76
Joined  2007-09-24

I have a few questions for Muslims myself:

But I think they’ve all ran for the hills

1) How do you know Islam is the only true religion on earth

2) From what basis do you feel justified in saying

there is no God but Allah and Mohammed is his prophet

3) When you hear a Christian declare that Mohammed was misguided and Jesus Christ is the only way truth and light whereby mankind can come unto the Father, do you inwardly dispute this?  Do you feel threatened?  Do even think about how a Christian can say this?

4) Do you fear the Christian hell prescribed to you of eternal burning for not accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior?  why not?

5) Do you feel any sadness for your Christian, Buddhist, Hinduist, Nontheist fellow humans because of their fate in the afterlife of wearing a skin of molten lava forever?

6) Why is your holy book, the Koran, so woefully bloody and gruesome when it comes to prescribing the awful fate of non believers?

7) Do you pray 5 times a day, and do your knees have callouses?  What if a Muslim has severe arthritically inflamed knees and cannot kneel, how do they pray?  What if a Muslim is deaf and lives alone and cannot hear the call to prayer?

8) If you watch a Britney Spears music video and secretly lust after her in your heart, do you have to confess that sin?  If so, to whom?  What is the punishment?

9) Do you honestly feel that in Iran or Iraq or Afganistan, Muslim women are 2nd class citizens?  If you are an American Muslim, do you see the laxed dress code attitude for many Muslim women as a good thing?  Howcome Muslim women in America can walk around in jeans and t-shirts?  Are they less faithful than their female fundamentalist counterparts?  Are jeans and t-shirts for women considered sins?

10) Do you find any justification in your Koran that might, in any way, steer one of your brothers or sisters in the faith to fly a plane into a building or detonate a bomb strapped to their chest with the design to kill a political/social/religious rival?  If not, What would you say if I told you Sam Harris found the justification and wrote it all down in his book entitled, The End of Faith?

In your opinion, was the bloodshed found in NYC at September 11, 2001 religiously motivated or politically motivated?  If you answer politically motivated how do you explain these men uttering allahu akbar (Allah is the Greatest) right before they killed over 2,000 people?

That’s all for now.

Noggin
(I hope you don’t mind Noggin, I just thought these questions should get an answer)

Signature 

“I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don’t let anybody tell you different.”  - Kurt Vonnegut

Posted: 27 September 2007 02:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  118
Joined  2007-03-13

1) How do you know Islam is the only true religion on earth

Briefly as possible, I believe Islam is the single true religion because it is the most logical and consistent in its teachings in comparison to other religions. Secondly, the scripture of Islam, the Holy Quran, cannot be proven to be wrong in even a single of its claims, which cannot be said of others scriptures. The life of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wa salam) who claimed to receive revelation and made many prophecies which have been fulfilled, and the success of his mission as promised by Allah is another major reason, not to mention his pure and holy character and his absolutely truthfulness which even his enemies testified to. I believe that every religion has a slightly different concept of God, but the Islamic conception is the more coherent, scientific, and logical conception, as opposed to trinity and pantheism. Furthermore, Islam is the only world religion which acknowledges other religions and their prophets as being originally true, but that over time they have become corrupted. All these factors and many more when taken collectively point to the truthfulness of Islam.

2) From what basis do you feel justified in saying

there is no God but Allah and Mohammed is his prophet

There is no god except Allah. I feel this is justified because it is a repudiation of every conception of god apart from the Islamic conception of Allah. When i examine the different conceptions such as hinduism/pantheism, or the nonsensical trinity, or polytheism, I come to the conclusion that all such models and conceptions of God are purely human imagination. On the other hand, the conception of Allah as given in the Holy Quran, as a God who does not require sustainance, who is All-Powerful and All-Knowing, who is a Merciful and Forgiving God, who is One with no partner, than this conception makes the most sense, is the simplest, and therefore is the truest.

Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah. I believe this firmly because he claimed to be a prophet in a very hostile environment, if he was a liar and impostor he would have suffered disgrace in his life, and the movement he began in the deserts of Arabia would be an extinct cult. But the fact that Islam has survived to this day and is the fasting growing major religion in the world, soon to surpass christianity, and the fact that Islam is not a nominal and boring religion like christianity, proves the truthfulness of Muhammad sallallahu alaihi wa salam.

Both these questions require detailed explanations, and they are a very vast subject, but time and space do not allow for me to elaborate in a single post.

3) When you hear a Christian declare that Mohammed was misguided and Jesus Christ is the only way truth and light whereby mankind can come unto the Father, do you inwardly dispute this?  Do you feel threatened?  Do even think about how a Christian can say this?

Christianity is a dubious religion, and Christians take a liking to making such statements because they are insecure in their beliefs. They think that by affirming these weird creeds of theirs they are somehow on the path to salvation. But the reality is that what christianity teaches and what we actually find in the Bible is enough to dismiss christianity. I dont feel threated at all by their beliefs. When I hear this nonsense about fathers and sons and holy spirits I ask myself, is this the will of the One God? Are christians right even though God said in the Torah, “Hear O Israel the Lord your God the Lord is one”. Why would God say this if he is a trinity. The more I study history the more I realize christianity is influenced by hellenic paganism in order to gain gentile converts and is far removed from the Gospel of Jesus.

4) Do you fear the Christian hell prescribed to you of eternal burning for not accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior?  why not?

Nope, I don’t fear their threats at all. Many Christians have accepted Jesus as their Lord and saviour and are under the impression that they are saved. I know many of these christians, and there is nothing special about them, they do not truly appreciate the radical teachings of Jesus to be separate from the world, rather the world is now synonomous with christians if you know what I mean. These so called born again and saved christians are in fact the most immoral and corrupt people ive ever known, yet they somehow imagine they are going to heaven. Pure dellusion on their part.

5) Do you feel any sadness for your Christian, Buddhist, Hinduist, Nontheist fellow humans because of their fate in the afterlife of wearing a skin of molten lava forever?

There is no doubt it is unfortunate and sad for them. Its always sad when a person commits a crime and has to go to jail, thats the same way we look at how christians and other non-Muslims will be going to hell.

6) Why is your holy book, the Koran, so woefully bloody and gruesome when it comes to prescribing the awful fate of non believers?

And awful fate is not for nothing. The sinfulness and corruption of the disbelievers is so great, absolute justice demands that they burn in hell, and Allah is definition of absolute justice.

Posted: 27 September 2007 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-13

7) Do you pray 5 times a day, and do your knees have callouses?  What if a Muslim has severe arthritically inflamed knees and cannot kneel, how do they pray?  What if a Muslim is deaf and lives alone and cannot hear the call to prayer?

Yes I pray 5 times a day, and it is a high level of worship and communion with Allah that is necessary for cultivating a relationship with Him and realizing one’s dependence and making one’s life moulded around prayer and supplication. It is in fact the most fundamental obligation of all human beings next to actually accepting Islam. If for health reasons a Muslim cannot prostrate on the ground, than he is allowed to sit on a chair and pray. If you go to a mosque you will see a row of chairs reserved for elderly and handicapped people.

As to your second question, a deaf person can obviously tell the time and therefore knows when to go to the mosque and pray. In the West where unfortunately we are not allowed to broadcast the call to prayer on megaphone or loud speaker, Muslims still go to the mosque. There are dozens of prayer times calculators online.

8) If you watch a Britney Spears music video and secretly lust after her in your heart, do you have to confess that sin?  If so, to whom?  What is the punishment?

You have to confess your sin to Allah and sincerely ask forgiveness and repent. Allah says in the Holy Quran He forgives the sins of those who repent. But those who do not repent and do these kinds of sins habitually, they should be warned that Allah may punish them, either in their graves, or if they were very sinful, He may send them to hell for a long period of time.

9) Do you honestly feel that in Iran or Iraq or Afganistan, Muslim women are 2nd class citizens?  If you are an American Muslim, do you see the laxed dress code attitude for many Muslim women as a good thing?  Howcome Muslim women in America can walk around in jeans and t-shirts?  Are they less faithful than their female fundamentalist counterparts?  Are jeans and t-shirts for women considered sins?

I don’t think women are second class citizens in an Islamic state. However there are very few if any Islamic states today, especially since NATO and the US invaded Afghanistan and removed the Taliban government. Islam teaches modest dress for men and women, and for women that is manifested in the veil, so when they go out in public or are in the presence of unrelated men they have to cover their entire bodies, and they should not go out of the house unless they are accompanied by a close male relative (husband, father, son, brother, etc.)

Wearing nothing but t-shirts and jeans in public is not allowed for women. They must wear a veil covering their inner clothes, in the form of a long coat or similar type of garment, and they must also cover their head and face, and they cannot show any part of their body above their ankles or their wrists. If you have seen on tv the burqa that is worn in south asia, or the chador in iran, or the abaya in arabia, these are the types of dress that women need to wear in public or in the presence of unrelated males.

10) Do you find any justification in your Koran that might, in any way, steer one of your brothers or sisters in the faith to fly a plane into a building or detonate a bomb strapped to their chest with the design to kill a political/social/religious rival?  If not, What would you say if I told you Sam Harris found the justification and wrote it all down in his book entitled, The End of Faith?

I have read Sam Harris’s books, and I trashed his arguments that suicide is allowed in Islam, see my thread:

Answer to Sam Harris on Behalf of Islam
http://www.samharris.org/forum/viewthread/8287/

The Holy Quran makes it quite clear that suicide is strictly forbidden:

Nor kill yourselves (4:29)

And if you think that is in some wild way ambiguous, than read the following hadith of the Prophet sallallahu alaihi wa salam

Whoever commits suicide with something, will be punished with the same thing in the (Hell) Fire (Sahih Bukhari: Volume 8, Book 78, Number 647)

So I challenge you to bring me a single reference from Quran or Hadith that justifies suicide and suicide bombing. In fact many Islamic ulama (clergy) have said that these kind of weapons, guns, bombs, grenades, etc., are unIslamic because they are used by cowards who are afraid to fight face to face and they often result in death of innocent people. The Prophet of Islam sallallahu alaihi wa salaam was very keen on war ethics, he forbade killing of women, children, elderly, monks, and even unarmed men in war. Suicide bombing is not Islam.

In your opinion, was the bloodshed found in NYC at September 11, 2001 religiously motivated or politically motivated?  If you answer politically motivated how do you explain these men uttering allahu akbar (Allah is the Greatest) right before they killed over 2,000 people?

In my opinion it was politically motivated. The kind of Islam that these terrorists believed in is not the religion of Islam, it is a sick and twisted political idealogy that uses religious symbolism to gain legitimacy. After all, the Muslim world is a very religious place, even middle eastern feminists try to justify their idealogy using Islamic symbolism, but of course feminism, like terrorism, is alien to Islam.

Posted: 27 September 2007 04:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2007-09-24

Quote from talha777

“I have read Sam Harris’s books, and I trashed his arguments that suicide is allowed in Islam, see my thread:
Answer to Sam Harris on Behalf of Islam
http://www.samharris.org/forum/viewthread/8287/

**The Holy Quran makes it quite clear that suicide is strictly forbidden:
Nor kill yourselves (4:29)**

And if you think that is in some wild way ambiguous, than read the following hadith of the Prophet sallallahu alaihi wa salam
Whoever commits suicide with something, will be punished with the same thing in the (Hell) Fire (Sahih Bukhari: Volume 8, Book 78, Number 647)
So I challenge you to bring me a single reference from Quran or Hadith that justifies suicide and suicide bombing. In fact many Islamic ulama (clergy) have said that these kind of weapons, guns, bombs, grenades, etc., are unIslamic because they are used by cowards who are afraid to fight face to face and they often result in death of innocent people. The Prophet of Islam sallallahu alaihi wa salaam was very keen on war ethics, he forbade killing of women, children, elderly, monks, and even unarmed men in war. Suicide bombing is not Islam. “

I found this:

Sahih International: And [recall] when Moses said to his people, “O my people, indeed you have wronged yourselves by your taking of the calf [for worship]. So repent to your Creator and kill yourselves. That is best for [all of] you in the sight of your Creator.” Then He accepted your repentance; indeed, He is the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful.

Signature 

“I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don’t let anybody tell you different.”  - Kurt Vonnegut

Posted: 28 September 2007 12:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-03-13

I found this:

Sahih International: And [recall] when Moses said to his people, “O my people, indeed you have wronged yourselves by your taking of the calf [for worship]. So repent to your Creator and kill yourselves. That is best for [all of] you in the sight of your Creator.” Then He accepted your repentance; indeed, He is the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful.

You should also read the commentaries of the Holy Quran which better explain its meaning. Here is a useful site http://www.altafsir.com which includes the classical commentary Tafsir Jalalain by Imam Jalaluddin Sayuti (rahmatullah alaih)

Here is the commentary on the verse you quoted

And when Moses said to his people, those who worshipped the calf, ‘My people, you have done wrong against yourselves by your taking the [golden] calf, for a god; now turn to your Creator, away from that worship [of the calf] and slay one another, that is, let the innocent of you slay the guilty; That, slaughter, will be better for you in your Creator’s sight’, who made it easier for you to accomplish this and sent down a dark cloud over you, so that none of you was able to see the other and show him mercy, such that almost seventy thousand of you were killed; and He will turn to you [relenting], before your [turning in] repentance; truly He is the Relenting, the Merciful.

So the meaning of the verse was not that Moses commanded them to commit suicide, he commanded them to kill themselves, meaning kill your own people who were guilty of this grave idolatry. This incident is also mentioned in the Bible:

Then he said to them, “This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: ‘Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.’ (Exodus 32.27)

Posted: 28 September 2007 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRank
Joined  2007-09-24

So it’s not a contradiction, it’s a problem with interpretation.
“This is what he said, but, this is what he meant” kinda thing?

If thats the case, I could say “allah is the only true god” and mean “I prefer paper bags over plastic”?

Signature 

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed