Posted: 16 January 2008 03:20 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  531
Joined  2006-12-05

The Tom Cruise Indoctrination Video Scientologists Don’t Want You To See

what a f’n creep.

Tom Cruise in 30 years time

Signature 

“All Truth passes through Three Stages: First, it is Ridiculed…
Second, it is Violently Opposed…
Third, it is Accepted as being Self-Evident.”

- Arthur Schopenhauer

Posted: 16 January 2008 03:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1814
Joined  2006-11-10

I like watching Tom being interviewed.
It makes me feel like I am, by comparrison, a perfectly balanced and well adjusted individual.

This dude has some serious issues.

Signature 

“You know I’m born to lose, and gambling is for fools.
But that’s the way I like it baby, I don’t want to live forever.”

From the autobiography of A.A.Mills, ‘The passage of time, according to an estranged, casual tyrant.’

Posted: 26 January 2008 09:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2007-11-30

I almost find Scientology scary. To be fair though, it’s the people who follow the cult that make the scary part. He literally gives off crazy person vibes (the bad kind of crazy).

When I see such strong convictions to beliefs such as his, I think of wasted energy that could have been used for greater things.

Posted: 28 January 2008 09:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  651
Joined  2006-12-08

The video makes the NY Times.

“If Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah’s couch was an 8 on the scale of scary, this is a 10,” Nick Denton wrote on his media and gossip Web site Gawker.com on Jan. 15, when he posted an internal Church of Scientology video in which Mr. Cruise rhapsodizes about his religion. The page has been viewed over 2.3 million times, a record for Gawker.

At Scientology’s request, YouTube and other sites took down the copyrighted video, but Gawker refused, instead posting and mocking the reproachful letter sent by a Los Angeles lawyer representing the church.

Signature 

Do-gooding is like treating hemophilia—the real cure is to let hemophiliacs bleed to death, before they breed more hemophiliacs. -Robert Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land

Posted: 30 January 2008 12:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  306
Joined  2007-10-24

Wow.  This is one of those times I really have to suppress the variety of emotions in order to speak/write.  Damn!  Not very articulate, is he?  I guess those years of acting taught him to only think of how he looked while he delivered lines.  The laughing was weird at first, but by the end it was freakish.  If he isn’t just devoid of brain cells, I think he needs serious anti-psychotic medications.  Too bad that he only believes in drinking herbal tea or something like that.  I keep going back to the bizarre way he was able to talk for so long and only make two statements.  “Either you’re on the playing field or outside the stadium.”  “I have to help.  We’re the authority, so I have to help.”  That about covers it, eh?  I had to look on Wikipedia for the terms “KSW” and “SP.”  Scary shit, man.  We complain about fundies - these guys are blatant and unapologetic about their dominionist faith.

Signature 

Modern science has been a voyage into the unknown, with a lesson in humility waiting at every stop. Many passengers would rather have stayed home.
          —Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot

Posted: 31 January 2008 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  306
Joined  2007-10-24

Oh yeah - I wanted to mention that if you have a problem with repetitive music (it drives me crazy!), you’ll have to make an effort to ignore it in this video.  I guess they needed to fill the empty spaces where he’s looking for something else to say.  It’s just this brief clip of an imitation Mission Impossible theme, which repeats over and over for the entire interview.  *grinds teeth*

Signature 

Modern science has been a voyage into the unknown, with a lesson in humility waiting at every stop. Many passengers would rather have stayed home.
          —Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot

Posted: 01 February 2008 09:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-02-01

I am so interested in this topic lately! I have been watching, reading and researching about Scientology, I had to look up the jargon SP’s and KSW. I am also fascinated by recent youtube clips from “Anonymous’!

I suppose the majority of my interest is because I was raised in a ‘cult’ type religion myself (Mormon)... The point of coming into this forum is because I was hoping Sam Harris had posted something regarding Scientology. I would be very interested to hear his view of this most recent hot topic.

Lisa

Posted: 15 February 2008 05:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2008-02-15
Lisa - 01 February 2008 02:18 PM

I am so interested in this topic lately! I have been watching, reading and researching about Scientology, I had to look up the jargon SP’s and KSW. I am also fascinated by recent youtube clips from “Anonymous’!

I suppose the majority of my interest is because I was raised in a ‘cult’ type religion myself (Mormon)... The point of coming into this forum is because I was hoping Sam Harris had posted something regarding Scientology. I would be very interested to hear his view of this most recent hot topic.

Lisa

You know I just got back from sundance and I met two LDS folks. Super super nice people, but really misguided. I gave one of them my card and through email correspondence and directing her here, she seems to be coming to terms with her newfound lack of faith. so…ya know…w00t.

I won’t bring my 4chan vocab in here, but I wanted to show people these videos.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6812164614976718979&q=steven+fishman&total=37&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1

There are 4 others, all of which will be easy enough for you to find. He got to OT level…I think 5 ? ish? maybe higher, then got arrested because the scam he had been doing to get cash for the org was found out, and the org just told him to do an EoC, or end of cycle.

Also, first post. Hi everyone.

Posted: 17 February 2008 12:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

Hi and welcome to the Sam Harris forum.

Tom Cruise is back on You Tube as of now. Who knows for how long. The long version that includes the bio of Cruise and the receiving of his award through the cult was on google video and got removed.

There are some spoofs on the site too, including THIS ONE.

LOL

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 17 February 2008 12:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26
Lisa - 01 February 2008 02:18 PM

Lisa

http://www.samharris.org/forum/viewthread/9410/

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed