Baby Bible Bashers
Posted: 22 February 2008 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1814
Joined  2006-11-10

Here’s an interesting study in child abuse.

It is not all misery though, there is also plenty of unintended comedy.
My favorite one is where the red-neck asks an Asian New York truck driver: “ Hey, do you speak English good ?”

You also may change your ideas about home schooling after watching this.

Fortunately this film does away with all the negative stereotypes we have about Mississippians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP-s3AV9Kzs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klZXuytDtrk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGoMfrOSLAY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zAHEn3UbSw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9PBb2ef4JM&feature=related

Signature 

“You know I’m born to lose, and gambling is for fools.
But that’s the way I like it baby, I don’t want to live forever.”

From the autobiography of A.A.Mills, ‘The passage of time, according to an estranged, casual tyrant.’

Posted: 25 February 2008 10:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  306
Joined  2007-10-24

I’ve only had time to watch the first video so far, but I had to post:

Damn!  I thought Hitchens, Dawkins, etc, were being a little too severe talking about religion being child abuse, but this… It’s sickening!  The mother of that blonde boy said, “I don’t know why he has the desire to preach, but he does….” blah blah blah.  Wow!  She somehow blocks out her husband’s constant drivel about preaching being “the highest calling of man.”  That poor little boy isn’t able to know what he wants - he’s following his daddy because that’s where he gets approval and attention.  Okay, I’m stating the obvious that everyone knows.  The part that drove home the whole child abuse thing was when they were in the RV on the way to New York City to “convert those that have never heard of Jesus…”  Okay, two parts.  The fact that they’re SO incredibly ingnorant to think that there’s anywhere in the USA that hasn’t been bludgened with the bible and loud preachers…. baffling.  The sad part I started to refer to was when they’re in the RV and the boy says, “You should take your favorite toy and break it and throw it in the trash.  Then you can say, “I love Jesus.””  Something to that effect.  With his childhood stolen from him by a psychotic father and weak-minded mother…  I’ll be looking for him in a bell tower, picking off sinners, or at the national office of Planned Parenthood with explosives strapped to his body.  At the very least, he’ll be so mentally derranged that he won’t be able to function in society.

I’ll stop there.  It’s just so damn depressing!

Signature 

Modern science has been a voyage into the unknown, with a lesson in humility waiting at every stop. Many passengers would rather have stayed home.
          —Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot

Posted: 25 February 2008 03:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  44
Joined  2007-12-22

Jeanie…

Thank you for that… smile GREAT breakdown…

Everything you just said, I agree with 100%... smile

I live in the South.. .(Louisiana to be exact)....Please everyone on here know that there are some in the South that would never do this to our children…. (I for one)....

Yes, I am a non-believer in Christianity or any organized Bible BS for that matter….

My children or not only honor roll students, but have a wonderful thought process to the things around them…..

Hmmmmm….. I thought I heard you needed the Bible to have morality or AKA GOD….??

My Girls have more morality and beauty in one finger than an adult following this BS propaganda their entire lives..

What is posted is PURE Child Abuse… and I only wish the Systems would realize this…...

Thank you for the links and post…

Signature 

I am a leader and a Follower, for you can not be one without the other.

Posted: 29 February 2008 07:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  52
Joined  2008-02-26

This is sooooooooo depressing.  I am European and have never come across this kind of extreme extremism.  How can people do this to children and why doesn’t the state intervene?

I’ve recently read the story of the family Phelps and their bizarre sect.  For years child abuse (of the more traditional kind) went on in that family, everyone knew about it but nobody interfered.

Surely it’s far better to offend people’s beliefs than to let real suffering continue?  Even to people who have beliefs?

Posted: 29 February 2008 08:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1814
Joined  2006-11-10
uli - 29 February 2008 12:59 PM

This is sooooooooo depressing.  I am European and have never come across this kind of extreme extremism.  How can people do this to children and why doesn’t the state intervene?

Hi Uli ( German I guess ? ) and welcome to the forum.

The black man with the twins was obviously just looking for a way to make money at the expense of his children.
Many Americans love the almighty dollar far more than the almighty.

The Mississippian probably was the result of a few generations of ancestors getting a little too friendly with members of their own family.

We have an educational problem in the US and we have always had it.
We produce some of the best educated people in the world along with millions of blithering idiots.

Also, being intelligent in the USA doesn’t have the same social standing it has in many other countries.
It is often even frowned upon.
You could call it the tyranny of the dull.

I don’t know where this dislike comes from but it is certainly not serving us.

It is a sad comment but there are just too many people here who value looks, material possessions and the consolation of old fairy tales over schooling and developing your mind, and it shows.

[ Edited: 29 February 2008 08:45 AM by Lapin Diabolique]
 Signature 

“You know I’m born to lose, and gambling is for fools.
But that’s the way I like it baby, I don’t want to live forever.”

From the autobiography of A.A.Mills, ‘The passage of time, according to an estranged, casual tyrant.’

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed