Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-03-05

http://www.expelledthemovie.com/

Posted: 05 March 2008 01:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  306
Joined  2007-10-24

I just received an email from an old friend, encouraging me to check out the trailer and go see it when it’s released.  Ugh.  The trailer is annoying.  So nice how they cut off Dawkin’s comment to make it look bad.  It maligns rational scientists and makes them look like evil jerks.  So easy to blame the evil in the world on Darwin.  rolleyes  This film is basically Intelligent Design propaganda.

Signature 

Modern science has been a voyage into the unknown, with a lesson in humility waiting at every stop. Many passengers would rather have stayed home.
          —Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot

Posted: 05 March 2008 02:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  892
Joined  2007-12-04

*shivers*

Yeah, I watched the trailer.

This is why its so important that we introduce and strengthen the study of the scientific theory in schools. From an early stage. To teach children what science is and how it works. Because the entire ID(iot) movement is founded on the absurd notion that the truth is democratic. That just because you have an idea, you should be given equal attention as everyone else, regardless of whether or not you arguments are flawed or you possess no evidence whatsoever.

Ofcourse, the ID movement keeps claiming it has proof, even though its “proof” that has been time and time disproved. They keep using arguments that they know are false, which is the ultimate proof that these people are not interested i science. They are believing things about the world that less and less people in the west are willing to buy, and they are afraid of the notion that they will no longer be the norm, that they will be the cult, so they want to make everyone think like them again, and when their evidence don’t hold, they cry pursecution like any good christian has for the past 2 millenia.

Signature 

What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.

Posted: 05 March 2008 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2008-03-05

Its seems like a sly response to flock of dodos

Posted: 05 March 2008 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  200
Joined  2007-06-08

They make it sound like evolution is a belief and we have a choice weather to believe or not. NOT!

Stupid film and it could all just as well blow up in their face.

Dom

Signature 

“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”

Steven Weinberg

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed