Does Mr. Harris think that the historical Jesus was intellectually and theologically bankrupt?
Posted: 03 May 2008 04:59 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2006-03-30

Mr. Harris seems to think that a historical Jesus existed who was a proponent of liberal Judaism pace Hillel perhaps. Does Mr. Harris think that this historical Jesus’ thought was intellectually and theologically bankrupt? After all, obviously a historical Jesus would have predated any New Testament or Ebionite gospels, therefore established scripture would have provided few if any precedents for relaxation of the law.

Posted: 11 August 2008 06:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-08-11

Watch these YouTube videos yes he does http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Sam+Harris&search;_type=

Signature 

I am Jason from Mountain Time Zone.
I am not Rydia I just named myself RydiafromFinalFantasyII because I soooooo love her (Rydia)

Posted: 11 August 2008 06:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24

He’s described the Sermon on the Mount as some of the absolute best humanity has had to offer (I don’t recall his exact wording off hand), so no, I wouldn’t say that’s a fair characterization.

Personally I think the Sermon on the Mount is pretty drastically overrated.

Byron

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed