Gran Torino
Posted: 11 January 2009 07:12 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2075
Joined  2007-07-20

I watched Eastwood’s Gran Torino last night.  This is perhaps Eastwood’s best film ever, better than Million Dollar Baby.  Completely incorrect politically, and Eastwood did a great job, as did the other actors.  Guaranteed to offend the politically correct crowd but old farts like me enjoyed it greatly.  Not a film for children, but few physically gross scenes, most of it is in the dialogues back and forth, and Eastwood’s facial expressions.

Dennis

Signature 

Truth, especially “moral truth,” is that elusive human creation whose exclusive apprehension is claimed by many, who then sanctimoniously condemn anyone else who does not agree with their particular apprehension, while denying that any question can be posed about their own apprehension.  I will try to avoid that tendency.  DEC

Posted: 12 January 2009 03:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

From the trailers I’ve seen it looks like a vigilante film. If so, I think I would like it.  wink

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 12 January 2009 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-20

Rab,

Not really, it is much better than that.

Dennis

Signature 

Truth, especially “moral truth,” is that elusive human creation whose exclusive apprehension is claimed by many, who then sanctimoniously condemn anyone else who does not agree with their particular apprehension, while denying that any question can be posed about their own apprehension.  I will try to avoid that tendency.  DEC

Posted: 19 January 2009 04:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  84
Joined  2008-12-09

I can’t wait to see this movie.  I’ve always been an Eastwood fan.

Signature 

Life has the meaning you give it.

Posted: 19 January 2009 08:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-20

Stephanie,

You should enjoy it.  One of his best, maybe his best. 

Dennis

Signature 

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed