Krispy Kreme rebukes Nulono
Posted: 17 January 2009 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1221
Joined  2008-07-20

Krispy Kreme decided it would be nice (and constitute good publicity) to give away donuts on inauguration day.  Thus, they issued a press release saying:

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. (NYSE: KKD) is honoring American’s sense of pride and freedom of choice on Inauguration Day, by offering a free doughnut of choice to every customer on this historic day, Jan. 20. By doing so, participating Krispy Kreme stores nationwide are making an oath to tasty goodies—just another reminder of how oh-so-sweet “free” can be.

This was, of course, a slap in Nulono’s face, which the American Life League immediately recognized, issuing a
press release of its own:

Just an unfortunate choice of words? For the sake of our Wednesday morning doughnut runs, we hope so.  The unfortunate reality of a post Roe v. Wade America is that “choice” is synonymous with abortion access and celebration of ‘freedom of choice’ is a tacit endorsement of abortion rights on demand.

The Nulonophile Vermont Traditionalist knew just what to do:

Boycott Krispy Kreme! The Vermont Traditionalist is encouraging its readers to protest the donut company Krispy Kreme for celebrating the Obama Inauguration with a “pro-choice donut.”

Signature 

“I am one of the few people I know who has argued in print that torture may be an ethical necessity in our war on terror.”  Sam Harris October 17, 2005

Posted: 17 January 2009 10:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1891
Joined  2007-12-19

I’m going to get mine and another dozen to boot and take’em down to the nearest Catholic Church to donate them as communion offerings.

Q: Did you hear about the new lo-fat communion wafer?

A: It’s called ‘I Can’t Believe It’s Not Jesus’.

Signature 

“This is it. You are it.”

- Jos. Campbell

Posted: 18 January 2009 07:10 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1044
Joined  2008-02-15

Damn, now I want a doughnut!

Signature 

Why is there Something instead of Nothing: No reason or ever knowable reason.

Kissing Hank’s Ass
Pope Song (rated NC17).

Posted: 18 January 2009 07:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1221
Joined  2008-07-20

Of course the Kristy Krazies were right to see that “choice,” whenever and where ever used, is left-wing atheist code for “abortion on demand,” but I remain surprised that they didn’t get the other part of the true Krispy Kreme agenda:

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. (NYSE: KKD) is honoring American’s sense of pride and freedom of choice on Inauguration Day, by offering a free doughnut of choice to every customer on this historic day, Jan. 20. By doing so, participating Krispy Kreme stores nationwide are making an oath to tasty goodies—just another reminder of how oh-so-sweet “free” can be.

Anybody ever heard of a “heterosexual pride parade?”  Enough said.

Signature 

“I am one of the few people I know who has argued in print that torture may be an ethical necessity in our war on terror.”  Sam Harris October 17, 2005

Posted: 18 January 2009 02:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26
goodgraydrab - 18 January 2009 03:19 AM

I’m going to get mine and another dozen to boot and take’em down to the nearest Catholic Church to donate them as communion offerings.

Q: Did you hear about the new lo-fat communion wafer?

A: It’s called ‘I Can’t Believe It’s Not Jesus’.

LOL

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 19 January 2009 10:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  305
Joined  2008-10-08

A couple funny quotes:
“if they were abortion donuts, i don’t think i’d want one. i assume they’d be taking them out of the oven way too early.”

“Regular donuts are FLAGRANTLY pro-choice, as evinced by their empty middles…

A regular donut with a donut-hole stuffed into its, er, donut hole would clearly be a pro-life donut…

So when you eat donut-holes, obviously you’re eating aborted foetal donuts…

Now I want a box of donut-holes so I can DEVOUR THEM like the atheist cannibal I am, RRRRRRAR!!!!”

Signature 

“There is undoubtedly an important secular debate to be had about the ethics of the death penalty…” -Sam Harris
“There is undoubtedly an important secular debate to be had about the ethics of embryonic stem cell research and abortion…” -Me

Jump through the Blackmun Hole!

Salt Creek has discovered the meaning of the first half of “Nulono”. Now, what language uses “nul” for zero?

Posted: 20 January 2009 03:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-08

LOL, they took down the “offending” wording.

Signature 

“There is undoubtedly an important secular debate to be had about the ethics of the death penalty…” -Sam Harris
“There is undoubtedly an important secular debate to be had about the ethics of embryonic stem cell research and abortion…” -Me

Salt Creek has discovered the meaning of the first half of “Nulono”. Now, what language uses “nul” for zero?

Posted: 21 January 2009 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  707
Joined  2005-05-16

You can’t poke the hole in the doughnut unless you want to make more doughnuts.

Posted: 21 January 2009 01:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-10-08
MrMody - 21 January 2009 05:05 PM

You can’t poke the hole in the doughnut unless you want to make more doughnuts.

Who doesn’t want to make more donuts?

Signature 

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed