1 of 6
This is what we need to fear
Posted: 18 January 2009 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  277
Joined  2008-02-10

In England, a muslim man tore out pages of 15th, 16th, and 17th century works with a scalpel.  These books all had to do with European voyages to the Middle East.  Pages from these works have been lost to the world forever.

Muslims will destroy our history, our art, and our culture. 

This is why they SHOULD GET OUT OF EUROPE NOW!

Posted: 18 January 2009 04:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1044
Joined  2008-02-15
Airy Spirit - 18 January 2009 08:40 PM

In England, a muslim man tore out pages of 15th, 16th, and 17th century works with a scalpel.  These books all had to do with European voyages to the Middle East.  Pages from these works have been lost to the world forever.

What about Christians? They destroyed more history and knowledge then any other people I know of. Hell, they brought about the dark ages. Only seems fair that they should go to…....

Signature 

Why is there Something instead of Nothing: No reason or ever knowable reason.

Kissing Hank’s Ass
Pope Song (rated NC17).

Posted: 18 January 2009 04:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1221
Joined  2008-07-20
GAD - 18 January 2009 09:05 PM

What about Christians?

For example, the Spaniards destroyed most of the history, including codexes, of the Mayans.  So, and I don’t really have an argument with this, Christians should get out of the Western Hemisphere.

Signature 

“I am one of the few people I know who has argued in print that torture may be an ethical necessity in our war on terror.”  Sam Harris October 17, 2005

Posted: 18 January 2009 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-10

Christians did a lot of damage, but that is in the past. I’m talking about NOW!!!!

Posted: 18 January 2009 04:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-07-20

Well, it turns out that there are a number of Muslims who are, save their religious views, perfectly rational and delightful people, just like with christians;  as annoying as Bruce can be with his invisible friend, I have no desire to push him off the continent because some wacko blew up an abortion clinic.

I think your final solution is a little overwrought, and you might want to rethink it.

Signature 

“I am one of the few people I know who has argued in print that torture may be an ethical necessity in our war on terror.”  Sam Harris October 17, 2005

Posted: 18 January 2009 04:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1044
Joined  2008-02-15
Airy Spirit - 18 January 2009 09:11 PM

Christians did a lot of damage, but that is in the past. I’m talking about NOW!!!!

Well, destroying those documents is now in the past, so its all where you draw the line at. In any case, sure, throw them out!

Signature 

Why is there Something instead of Nothing: No reason or ever knowable reason.

Kissing Hank’s Ass
Pope Song (rated NC17).

Posted: 18 January 2009 05:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-07-20

If the pages are lost, that suggests that the “muslim man” got away.  So how do we know the culprit was a muslim?

Assuming it was, so what?

Most of us here would like to see Islam liquidated, as well as Christianity and Judaism.  But that is a far cry from liquidating Muslims, Christians or Jews.  I believe that latter goal has been tried, with some very unpleasant repercussions.

It reminds me of when Stalin was advised that the land reform was being impeded by the resistance of the wealthier peasants (and here, “wealthier” is a comparative, not absolute, term), and advised that the Kulak class should be liquidated.  He made the serious and fundamental error of liquidating the Kulaks, rather than the property relations which made the class possible.

We should be careful not to make a similar mistake with respect to Islam.

Signature 

Posted: 18 January 2009 05:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-10

He’s just been sentenced by a court.  Apparently some people are allowed to study ancient documents at the British Library.  He was Harvard educated and had good credentials.

Posted: 18 January 2009 05:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-10
GAD - 18 January 2009 09:25 PM
Airy Spirit - 18 January 2009 09:11 PM

Well, destroying those documents is now in the past, so its all where you draw the line at. In any case, sure, throw them out!

There will be more destroyed in the future.

Posted: 18 January 2009 05:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-10
Jefe - 18 January 2009 09:52 PM

How were irreplaceable documents available to the public?

Apparently members of the public are allowed to study old books and documents at the British Library if they have been vetted.

Posted: 18 January 2009 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-10
teuchter - 18 January 2009 10:05 PM

If the pages are lost, that suggests that the “muslim man” got away.  So how do we know the culprit was a muslim?

Most of us here would like to see Islam liquidated, as well as Christianity and Judaism.  But that is a far cry from liquidating Muslims, Christians or Jews.  I believe that latter goal has been tried, with some very unpleasant repercussions.

It reminds me of when Stalin was advised that the land reform was being impeded by the resistance of the wealthier peasants (and here, “wealthier” is a comparative, not absolute, term), and advised that the Kulak class should be liquidated.  He made the serious and fundamental error of liquidating the Kulaks, rather than the property relations which made the class possible.

I don’t want muslims to be liquated.  Just thrown out of Europe.  Galliawatch has talked about the destruction of property, such as old statues by muslims.

I’ll put this as simply as I can.  Muslims believe that all property that is not connected to Islam is haram, and therefore can AND SHOULD be destroyed.  Such as statues, etc etc.

Posted: 18 January 2009 05:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-10
teuchter - 18 January 2009 10:05 PM

So what if he’s a muslim?

Muslims want to destroy all that is not connected to Islam.

Posted: 18 January 2009 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-07-20
Airy Spirit - 18 January 2009 10:16 PM

I’ll put this as simply as I can.  Muslims believe that all property that is not connected to Islam is haram, and therefore can AND SHOULD be destroyed.  Such as statues, etc etc.

Let me put this as simply as I can. SOME Muslims believe that property heretical in their view, such as the giant Buddha statues in Afghanistan, should be destroyed.  SOME Muslims believe that authors of works heretical in their view, such as Salman Rushdie, should be destroyed.  These people are criminals.

Other Muslims, such as my law school classmate who fought against Mushareff in favor of constitutional democracy in Pakistan, and was imprisoned and tortured by Mushareff, do hold such criminal views, are very bright, decent and hard working people.

The daughter of another Muslim law school classmate is a delightful, bright and very sophisticated young woman.  She studies in England, and supports progressive causes including the efforts of my friend in Pakistan.  What you propose is that she be driven from England because some guy defaced a pricesless book.

So, to return to the theme of this exchange, I’ll put this as simply as I can.  That is unacceptable, racist and bound only to result in greater chaos and disorder.

Signature 

Posted: 18 January 2009 05:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-10

Ok, maybe you’re right.

Posted: 18 January 2009 05:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-07-20
Airy Spirit - 18 January 2009 10:41 PM

Ok, maybe you’re right.

Wow!  Nobody ever says that on this forum.  Thank you.

Signature 

Posted: 18 January 2009 09:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  3255
Joined  2004-12-24

How about if criminal behavior is just dealt with according to the law?

Byron

Signature 

“We say, ‘Love your brother…’ We don’t say it really, but… Well we don’t literally say it. We don’t really, literally mean it. No, we don’t believe it either, but… But that message should be clear.”—David St. Hubbins

1 of 6

‹‹ Because he says so      The Problem of Islam ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed