Reader
Posted: 26 January 2009 09:48 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2075
Joined  2007-07-20

Reader is a Superb movie, only surprised Kate only got “supporting actress” recognition, she carried the whole movie. 

Dennis

Signature 

Truth, especially “moral truth,” is that elusive human creation whose exclusive apprehension is claimed by many, who then sanctimoniously condemn anyone else who does not agree with their particular apprehension, while denying that any question can be posed about their own apprehension.  I will try to avoid that tendency.  DEC

Posted: 26 January 2009 01:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1891
Joined  2007-12-19

For being snowed in you sure get out a lot!

Signature 

“This is it. You are it.”

- Jos. Campbell

Posted: 26 January 2009 02:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-20

McC,

Had to walk through 20 miles of snow drifts, one way, butit was worth it.

Dennis

Signature 

Truth, especially “moral truth,” is that elusive human creation whose exclusive apprehension is claimed by many, who then sanctimoniously condemn anyone else who does not agree with their particular apprehension, while denying that any question can be posed about their own apprehension.  I will try to avoid that tendency.  DEC

Posted: 26 January 2009 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-20

I’m too poor to have gloves, or socks, and was force to have my wife go ahead of me, breaking trail, while I guided her between sips of whiskey.  We’re hardy people were in the snow-bound areas of the country.  I did get her a small cup of coffee when we got there, so I’m not sexist.

Dennis

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2009 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

I just saw a trailer for it. It gave me the impression it’s about a woman who falls in love and has erotic sex with an intellectual. Why not bypass the book and just make it an adventure in erotica?

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 27 January 2009 06:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-20

Rab,

Actually, a sad movie.

Dennis

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2009 06:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2492
Joined  2008-04-05

Dennis

Was it uphill both ways though? Thats when you know you have it rough.

Signature 

‘Every reflecting mind must acknowledge that there is no proof of the existence of a Deity’

‘If ignorance of nature gave birth to gods, knowledge of nature destroys them’

Percy Bysshe Shelley

Posted: 27 January 2009 06:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-20

McC,

I sense a faint note of skepticism here, and that hurts me deeply.  The trust, where is the trust?!

Dennis

Signature 

Posted: 27 January 2009 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2492
Joined  2008-04-05

No skepticism, just factored in your age (and the vodka) and wondered if you couldn’t remember the routes!  cheese

Signature 

‘Every reflecting mind must acknowledge that there is no proof of the existence of a Deity’

‘If ignorance of nature gave birth to gods, knowledge of nature destroys them’

Percy Bysshe Shelley

Posted: 27 January 2009 07:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-20

Actually, it is Merlot these days.. Vodka almost never.  Got to keep the 14 gray cells I have left.

Dennis

Signature 

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed