Total Posts:  106
Joined  2008-05-28

Signature 

“Despite the cost of living, it’s still popular”

Posted: 21 August 2009 05:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1221
Joined  2008-07-20

Can’t reason with them?  That’s a shame, because I’m sure they are willing to meet us halfway.

Signature 

“I am one of the few people I know who has argued in print that torture may be an ethical necessity in our war on terror.”  Sam Harris October 17, 2005

Posted: 21 August 2009 11:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1587
Joined  2006-10-20

They’d meet me half way, teuchter, but you’re not only an atheist but a lawyer to boot, so you’re S.O.L. (I’ll spot you the ‘lunatic’ stuff)

Signature 

“All extremists should be killed!” - neighbor’s bumper sticker

Posted: 22 August 2009 01:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2136
Joined  2006-02-20

I’m going to go out on a limbaugh and predict that Switzer & Briggs will be on the Republican ticket in 2012.  If they win, Rush Limbaugh will be Secretary of State, Sarah Palin, Defense Secretary, Michael Savage, Homeland Security.  Saul Ohio as Secretary of the Interior will sell the National Parks to big oil.  10,000 acres in the center of Death Valley National Monument will be set aside for a concentration camp.  This camp will be designed to hold 58 percent of US voters - the 35 percent who voted for Obama, the 13 percent who voted for Oprah, and the 10 percent who voted for Ralph Nader. 

All illegal aliens will be deported, and crops will be harvested by the 10 percent who voted for Nader.  The fate of Obamites and Oprites is presently being settled in the Switzer & Briggs star chamber.

(Keep in mind, considering McCain’s age, how close we came to having Palin in the White House.  If big oil, or big somebody had put 100 million dollars into a TV blitz last September, Obama’s law-school smoking habits for example, they might have tipped the scales in favor of McCain/Palin.  We can see that kind of blitz now with healthcare reform.  There is a critical voting block that can be swayed by cunning propaganda).

[ Edited: 22 August 2009 01:41 PM by unsmoked]
 Signature 

“The simple fables of the religious of the world have come to seem like tales told to children.”  - Nobel Prize recipient - Francis Crick

“It is time we recognized the boundless narcissism and self-deceit of the saved.” - Sam Harris

Posted: 24 August 2009 05:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  363
Joined  2006-04-05

They’re certainly immune to irony and self-awareness, that’s for sure.

Signature 

“It isn’t paranoia- it’s a heightened awareness of reality.” —our resident conspiracy theorist takes a stand!

Posted: 26 August 2009 06:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  777
Joined  2007-09-16

Sad…so sad…

Signature 

“If you desire to be good, begin by believing that you are wicked.” -Epictetus

Posted: 20 September 2009 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

“When you learn how to speak to a person’s conscience, and circumnavigate the intellect, the subject of evolution seems to disappear.”

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 15 April 2011 08:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  16
Joined  2011-04-15
MHunter - 21 August 2009 09:09 PM

One sign by one church says something stupid therefore you cannot reason with Christians. This is logically incoherent. I wonder if I can reason with you.

Signature 

“...rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy, and slander of every kind.” (1 Peter 2:1, NIV)

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed