3 of 3
How is Christ the fulfillment of the law?
Posted: 13 December 2010 07:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2922
Joined  2006-06-15
eddie - 11 December 2010 10:37 AM

What’s the difference? they both mean ‘paying it attention’ rather than forgetting it.

(Andrew):  Forget it?  On the contrary, you’re supposed to observe it by refraining from work.  “Forgetting it” is what Christians have done.

Re ‘we have’nt mentioned the 10 commandments’ - that’s what i’ve been talking about, all along, as ‘the Mosaic Law’

(Andrew):  Well then, no wonder you’re confused.  The Mosaic Law is the total of the law as found in Exodus, Deuteronomy and Leviticus.  The Ten Commandments are only part of it.

Re ‘Jesus never existed’ [You wish!] there’s plenty of evidence for that…

(Andrew):  Actually there’s precious little—none solid.  But the existence (or not) of Jesus is not the topic of this thread.  It’s about how Paul’s “Christ” fulfilled the Law.  And the answer, of course, is he didn’t…if by “fulfill” it’s meant that it’s been somehow cancelled or declared null and void.  The Law as outlined in scripture is still in effect and will be forever.

Re “suit yourself” You know very well that no-one - least of all the so-called ‘moderate’ christian - is going to get the chance to say what he/she wants, because it is your job to thwart it.

(Andrew):  I have no idea where you’re going with that, but “suit yourself” was my response to your saying that you wouldn’t be “bothering” with me any longer.  You seem to have changed your mind?

Signature 

“Another flaw in the human character is that everybody wants to build and nobody wants to do maintenance.”—Kurt Vonnegut

Posted: 13 December 2010 02:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  13
Joined  2010-12-08

You said ‘suit yourself’
I said You know very well I am prevented from suiting myself - by you
[Just another of your many inconsistencies]

Christians supposedly don’t remember the passover - you’re nuts! Go and look at a prayer-book.  Every week on the ‘sabbath’ we remember it mentally, verbally as a congregation, and we remember it metaphorically through the eucharist

Meaning of FULFIL - Not even Samuel Pepys or Dr Johnson were capable of the mental gymnastics that you apparently are.  How you can get FULFIL to mean cancel/make void is beyond me.  It means “ALL OF THAT & MORE” [Bearing in mind that 10 commandments is the logos - for all time - and the other bits and pieces are public health-for living in the desert at that particular time.]

The ‘MORE’ means a spirit/attitude of going the extra mile - going beyond what is ‘legally’ required of you - voluntarily giving of yourself

3 of 3

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed