homeopathic Meds (again)
Posted: 17 November 2010 01:28 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2010-10-19

I got involved in an argument on Huf Post about Homeopathic remedies with some true believers.  The article clames that a cure for Fibromyalgia is within reach using this stuff.  I made this comment:

I have a *great* idea.  Mr. Ullman says:
“Over 200 years of homeopathic practice have found that homeopathic medicines that are of a higher potency—that is, those that have undergone a greater number of dilutions, with vigorous shaking of the solution in between dilutions—have a longer term effect”

So - get some extract of poison ivy, cross the Canadian boarder at upstate N.Y.  Find your way to Niagara falls and drop it in.  Then rush back downstream and scoop out some of that now super dilution that has been shaken so hard by the fall. 
Fibromyalgia can now be cured AND since the water will find its way to the ocean and then, by evaporation back to Canada and over the falls again in a few years it will become EVEN STRONGER.
The possibilities are staggering.

The comment was rejected by the moderator for the article but for the life of me I can’t see anything out of order in it.

Am I missing something?

Posted: 18 November 2010 02:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  497
Joined  2005-02-22

I see where you are going with this.

You set off my spamdar. The bots go to a lot of effort to look like real posters, of which I now suspect you are one.

My apologies.

Signature 

Delude responsibly.

Posted: 18 November 2010 07:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  17
Joined  2010-10-19

I don’t know to be offended or not.
So your spam filter went off - fine.  But do you also have an opinion?

Posted: 19 November 2010 08:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  497
Joined  2005-02-22

No, I just clean up around here.

Signature 

Delude responsibly.

Posted: 11 December 2010 11:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1763
Joined  2006-08-20

“Over 200 years of homeopathic practice have found that homeopathic medicines that are of a higher potency—that is, those that have undergone a greater number of dilutions, with vigorous shaking of the solution in between dilutions—have a longer term effect”

This is kind of a common thread running through belief systems. In order for the belief to be sound and effective, one must believe most strongly in the most preposterous claim of the system.

Signature 

The ants are my friends, they’re blowing in the wind, the ants are blowing in the wind.

Dog is my co-pilot

Posted: 02 March 2011 05:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  19
Joined  2009-09-25

Try this website for some eye-opening information on a host of this and related topics:
http://www.whatstheharm.net

Signature 

Starfire
Champion of Rational Thought and Civil Discourse

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed