Total materialist?
Posted: 08 April 2011 05:15 PM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-04-08

I understand that Sam Harris had spent some time in the Far East studying Buddhism and Hinduism. I wonder about his view on these ‘religions’. Does he mediate often? Does he mediate not simply to de-stress himself but a quest for something?

Quantum Physics’ so called weirdness seem to suggest that this reality that we are in is merely an illusion, a hologram projected from the event horizon of black holes; 3 dimensional data stored as 2 dimensions, whatever that means. What is Sam Harris view on that?

Is he a total materialist? I don’t know what “spiritual” really means but if all data is conserved according to the law of conservation i.e. no data/energy can be destroyed, what is Sam Harris view on consciousness continuity (even consciousness can be explained as physical)?

I am an atheist if need labeling. I am also exploring the relationship between Quantum Physics, the String theory, the unified theory of interaction: gravitation, electrodynamics and the strong force and their impact on Sam Harris’ world view, if any.

I found debates and speeches from Sam Harris on debunking organized religion. I admire his wit, his articulation and stamina.

I would love to find out his thoughts on the above subjects. Have he revealed any and if so, where can I find them?

Thanks.

[ Edited: 10 April 2011 10:06 AM by Nokoyashi]

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed