Studying Ideas
Posted: 08 May 2011 09:53 AM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  800
Joined  2010-11-12

If there is no standard morality that is common to all people, there is no such thing as morality.
And the attempt to isolate and understand its origin is like writing on water.

Posted: 13 August 2011 01:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2011-08-07

Is morality an appropriate discussion for an intermediate bible study class? As a new instructor for our churches bible study class I am researching ideas for discussion.  I have joined several forums to broaden the horizons of our group and to new input on the matter.

Signature 

sunday school

Posted: 14 August 2011 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1539
Joined  2006-12-04
FishBicuit - 13 August 2011 05:53 PM

Is morality an appropriate discussion for an intermediate bible study class? As a new instructor for our churches bible study class I am researching ideas for discussion.  I have joined several forums to broaden the horizons of our group and to new input on the matter.

Check out Harris’s book,  “The Moral Landscape.”

Signature 

“The hands that help are better far than the lips that pray.”
          — Robert G. Ingersoll

Posted: 15 August 2011 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  800
Joined  2010-11-12
FishBicuit - 13 August 2011 05:53 PM

If you believe that morality is dictated by an outside agency such as an omniscient God,  for you the question is settled and there is no reason to discuss its origin.

‹‹ Torture Works      Where’s Sam? ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed