Israeli flag flown over U.S. flag in metro Atlanta
Posted: 25 July 2011 11:42 AM   [ Ignore ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-07-25

Yesterday, I noticed that a neighbor, whom I had previously noticed enjoyed flying the Stars and Stripes on his front yard flag pole, had added a new banner to the display: the Israeli flag, flying above the U.S. flag on the same mast.

My wife, who does a better job of keeping her finger on the pulse of the right wing, suggests Glenn Beck has been encouraging this behavior.

I don’t know my neighbor’s religious or socio-political beliefs, but I imagine the “logic” or “reasoning” goes something like this:
Assuming “he” is right-wing, Christian or both,
1. Islamic states/Islam/Muslims are Israel’s enemies, and they are Christian America’s enemies, therefore Israel is our friend. (The enemy of my friend is my enemy.)
2. Israel is the national home to Jews, the Christian/Jewish god’s chosen people. So, even though they don’t know Jesus is Lord, they flags flyer support the Jewish homeland, since Jesus’s dad is also father to all Jews and Christians.

What does it mean?

Posted: 14 February 2012 05:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2012-02-14

that is disgusting. however, i’m sure sam harris would be proud.

Posted: 18 February 2012 08:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  413
Joined  2005-06-05

welcome bl

i think your wife is probably right about the general source.  no doubt she has a stronger stomach than i do, fox network is blocked in my house.
at least you now know your neighbor is a treasonous idiot.

Signature 

The road of excess leads to the palace of Wisedom
-William Blake, “Proverbs of Hell”

Life, what is it but a dream?
- Lewis Carroll, “A boat Beneath a Sunny Sky

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed