madness reigns again
Posted: 12 September 2012 02:42 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  286
Joined  2011-04-26

With the new acts of violence against the west spurned by a blasphemous video, it’s time for Sam to speak up again.  When he’s not fumbling with notions of free will, Sam is the best at attacking the dangers of faith.

This is a grim article on the normal standards of ritual violence in the middle east.  Pretty much still in the stone age.
http://www.anthropoetics.ucla.edu/ap1202/muja07.htm

Posted: 13 September 2012 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-04-26

Due to the attack on the U.S. embassies this week, we have ‘intellectuals’ actually proposing bans on ‘hate’ speech!

http://www.volokh.com/2012/09/13/prof-peter-spiro-on-why-hate-speech-should-be-banned-and-on-how-it-might-be-done/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

I would love for Sam to add his opinion to current media discussion.

Posted: 13 September 2012 05:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  800
Joined  2010-11-12
mormovies - 13 September 2012 12:03 PM

Due to the attack on the U.S. embassies this week, we have ‘intellectuals’ actually proposing bans on ‘hate’ speech!

http://www.volokh.com/2012/09/13/prof-peter-spiro-on-why-hate-speech-should-be-banned-and-on-how-it-might-be-done/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

I would love for Sam to add his opinion to current media discussion.

I think we should ban people who want to ban other people.

Posted: 13 September 2012 10:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1587
Joined  2006-10-20
mormovies - 13 September 2012 12:03 PM

Due to the attack on the U.S. embassies this week, we have ‘intellectuals’ actually proposing bans on ‘hate’ speech!.

Well, freedom of speech allows for proposals to limit it, but the likelihood the wails and threats from the crazies to hold everyone hostage to their definition of “hate speech” will gain any traction is slim to none, and Slim just left town, so let’s not get worked up about it.

So how come Muslims in the USA aren’t rioting and burning symbols of America?  The answer probably has something to do with them appreciating freedom of speech, thought, association, religion, press, and not being publicly dragged through the streets to be executed with stab through the heart with a pencil for not getting with the local flavor of the religion more than their religion.  But if religion is all one has to hold on to and value then getting upset about a slight is easier to do.

Now if Muslims in Africa and Asia want something to riot about then turn them on to the Islam discussions on this forum.  I’ll be the first to write their religion is a steaming crock of camel dung.

Signature 

“All extremists should be killed!” - neighbor’s bumper sticker

Posted: 14 September 2012 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  140
Joined  2012-08-11

Haven’t seen the movie.  I’m sure it’s no “Submission”.

So the movie supposedly shows an illiterate, dishonest, despotic, pedophile in a negative way? 

Gee, what a stretch.

[ Edited: 14 September 2012 03:38 PM by Ice Monkey]
 Signature 

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.
~ Hitch

I prefer the full-on embrace of reality to the spiritual masturbation that is religion.
~ S.A. Ladoucier

I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people
~ M. Teresa, Fruitcake of Calcutta

Posted: 16 September 2012 03:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-09-16

If you haven’t seen the film yet I suggest you watch the trailer, it is hilariously bad. Poorly made, poorly acted and doesn’t seem to have much value as an educational tool. Regardless it’s poor quality just makes these riots and killings seem even more horrifying. I was on a different forum earlier and I was shocked at how many people were eager to throw the film-maker to the dogs. One person even said “don’t disturb a sleeping bear” as if the actions of Muslims was somehow a force of nature that none of them could control.

Someone posted Sam’s speech on Islam vs Jainism/Buddhism and it’s good to see what he said in that video hasn’t lost it’s edge at all. I find it incredibly depressing how eager people are to put a foot on freedom on speech in an attempt to appease what is essentially text book terrorism.

Posted: 16 September 2012 07:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-04-26

The film in question is irrelevant.  The very concept of hate speech is insane and anti-reason.  All speech must be protected and those that can’t deal with should be dealt with as infants or the mentally insane.  You can’t and should reason with subhumans!  It’s terrifying that CNN this morning (Sunday) is still talking about Islam as a religion of ‘peace’ that is being hijacked by a few fanatics.  This is war of reason vs. anti-reason, it’s pretty much black and white.  I hope Sam speaks up and gets some access to the mainstream news outlets ASAP.  Hitch would have been highly visible by now.

Posted: 16 September 2012 11:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  140
Joined  2012-08-11
mormovies - 16 September 2012 07:36 AM

The film in question is irrelevant.  The very concept of hate speech is insane and anti-reason.  All speech must be protected and those that can’t deal with should be dealt with as infants or the mentally insane.  You can’t and should reason with subhumans!  It’s terrifying that CNN this morning (Sunday) is still talking about Islam as a religion of ‘peace’ that is being hijacked by a few fanatics.  This is war of reason vs. anti-reason, it’s pretty much black and white.  I hope Sam speaks up and gets some access to the mainstream news outlets ASAP.  Hitch would have been highly visible by now.

Exactly.
I keep hearing about how poor the quality of the video is.  Who cares?  It’s not like any of the gazillion protesters have actually seen it.

Saying you support speech you agree with or feel that videos should be protected based upon their production quality doesn’t make you a supporter of free speech.  It makes you an idiot.

Signature 

What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.
~ Hitch

I prefer the full-on embrace of reality to the spiritual masturbation that is religion.
~ S.A. Ladoucier

I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people
~ M. Teresa, Fruitcake of Calcutta

Posted: 16 September 2012 03:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2011-04-26

Absolutely!  I just don’t hear anybody on the mainstream news outlets talking sense.  Hitch is gone but Sam can speak up!

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed
newrelic.loglevel = "verbosedebug" newrelic.daemon.loglevel = "verbosedebug"