1 of 2
DOWNLOAD SAM HARRIS AUDIO
Posted: 17 October 2006 12:11 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  105
Joined  2006-09-27

Hello –

I have uploaded my entire digital library of Sam Harris audio to the Wiki-Upload site. 

There are 43 files total.  In all, they take up about 750 MB of disk space.  They comprise all of Sam’s website content, plus everything I’ve found by hours of intense internet searching.  I have listed many of the direct links for this material under my previous topic “MEDIA ARCHIVE”.

Many of these audio files including the Al Franken show, Michael Medved show, Infidel Guy show, Ian Masters Background Briefing, Left Out, Rational Response Squad, and many others, are not available on samharris.org. 

I have also included the audio tracks for many of Sam’s TV appearances, including the full track of his extended interview appearance on the DVD “The God Who Wasn’t There”. 

Sam’s lectures are essential for anyone unfamiliar with his work.  Check out the University Synagogue lecture from Book TV/C-Span, his lecture at the New York Society for Ethical Culture, his View from the End of the World lecture for the Long Now Foundation, the Idea City Conference 2005, as well as IT Conversations Pop!Tech lecture on The Future of Ideas.

Here is the link to the Wiki-Upload site:

Click here for Wiki-Upload Site.

This should be the direct link.  Alternatively, to find these materials, go to the “Search” link, then search “by description” for “Sam Harris”.  Ignore the first two files, the next 43 files are the ones I’ve uploaded.  If the list is truncated, click on "more files" to expand the list.

Here is the complete list of 43 files:

SAM HARRIS AUDIO LIST

Al Franken Show, Air America Podcasts (August 31, 2006)
Al Franken Show, Air America Podcasts (Sept 25, 2006)
Amsterdam Forum with Andy Clark, A Future without Religion (Sept 16, 2005)
Beyond the Ghetto, The End of Faith Interview (Oct 1, 2006)
Black Op Radio, The Clash of Faith & Reason (Jan 20, 2005)
Book TV/C-Span, University Synagogue Pt 1 (Feb 6, 2005)
Book TV/C-Span, University Synagogue Pt 2 (Feb 6, 2005)
The Colbert Report (April 26, 2006)
Culture Shocks, Interview #793 with Sam Harris (Oct 20, 2006)
The Dennis Prager Show, The End of Faith Pt 2 (Nov 10, 2004)
Faith Under Fire (PAX), Debate with Hugh Hewitt (Oct 2, 2004)
Freedom From Religion Foundation Podcasts, Sam Harris & The End of Faith (Sept 16, 2006)
The God Who Wasn’t There (DVD), Extended Interview with Sam Harris
Ian Master’s Background Briefing (August 22, 2004)
Ian Master’s Background Briefing (Nov 7, 2004)
Idea City Conference 2005, Role of Religion in Perpetuating Human Conflict (June 2005)
The Infidel Guy Show, Letter to a Christian Nation (Sept 8, 2006)
The Infidel Guy Show, Tape 260 with Sam Harris (Feb 17, 2005)
KCBX, …an Evening with Sam Harris (Sept 27, 2006)
KCRW’s Politics of Religion, The Philosophy of Religion (Oct 3, 2006)
Left Out, Interview with Sam Harris (Feb 21, 2006)
Michael Medved Show (Sept 21, 2006)
New York Society for Ethical Culture Religion, Terror, and Self Transcendence (Nov 16, 2005)
NPR, Listener’s Letters – Sam Harris’ ‘Attack on Faith’ (Oct 2, 2006)
NPR, Talk of the Nation – Keeping Religion Out of Public Policy (Oct 2, 2006)
NPR, Day to Day – Author Challenges Faith of a ‘Christian Nation’ (Sept 29, 2006)
On Point with Tom Ashbrook, The End of All Religions? (Dec 30, 2004)
The O’Reilly Factor (FOX), (March 31, 2005)
The O’Reilly Factor (FOX), (Oct 4, 2004)
Point of Inquiry, Letter to a Christian Nation (Oct 6, 2006)
Point of Inquiry, The Mortal Dangers of Religion (April 14, 2006)
Point of Inquiry, The End of Faith (April 7, 2006)
ITC Pop!Tech 2005, The Future of Ideas (Oct 22, 2005)
ITC Pop!Tech 2005, Q&A Session with Susan Blackmore (Oct 22, 2005)
Pundit Review Radio, Pundit Review talks religion with Sam Harris (Oct 16, 2006)
Rational Response Squad, Interview #30 with Sam Harris
Ring of Fire, May 13th Show Hour #2 (May 13, 2006)
Scarborough Country (MSNBC), Sam Harris Interview (Oct 28, 2004)
Seminars about Long-Term Thinking, View from the End of the World (Dec 22, 2005)
To the Best of our Knowledge, Is Religion Dangerous? (June 11, 2006)
WCCO News Talk 830, The Jack Rice Show interview with Sam Harris Part 1 (Oct 12, 2006)
WCCO News Talk 830, The Jack Rice Show interview with Sam Harris Part 2 (Oct 12, 2006)
WORD FM, The Jerry Bowyer Show - Debate with Sam Harris (Oct 17, 2005)

Posted: 17 October 2006 12:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

Wow, this is awesome! I was going to include the Ring of Fire interview, but I see you got that one too!

This topic should be pinned by an administrator for future reference and for adding on more audios.

Nice work :wink:

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 17 October 2006 12:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-27

The Wiki-Upload site removes files that are not downloaded within the prior 30 days. Therefore it is not necessarily a permanent home for this stuff—there will always be the chance of things being removed.

If the Rational Response Squad would like to provide a permanent space for these files on their site, I think that is a great idea. Anything to preserve this stuff online so that everyone can access it sounds great to me.

Sincerely,
wavelength32

Posted: 17 October 2006 03:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-27

Please post any audio not included in my list here.  I am trying to get every last Sam Harris lecture, debate, etc on this site.  I want to be comprehensive here.

There are a number of potential audio bits out there that I have not yet lcoated.  Here is a brief list:

Dennis Prager Show – The End of Faith Part 1,  August 16, 2004
Laura Ingraham Radio – 2004?
Live from the NYPL (New York Public Library) – Sam Harris in conversation with Oliver McTiernan, Sept 25, 2006
Skeptic Society – Caltech Lecture Series, Symposium on Science, Religion & Politics, Speakers:  Sam Harris, Dr. Richard Sloan, & Dr. Owen Gingerich,  Oct 8, 2006
The Freedom From Religion Foundation Conference – Lecture “How Not to Believe in God”, Oct 6, 2006

Again, if you have discovered downloads for these guys or any others not mentioned thus far, please post them! 

Thanks so much,
wavelength32

Posted: 17 October 2006 03:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1377
Joined  2004-12-21

wavelength32:

An admirable job!  Congratulations!  I would be pleased to offer a permanent home for your collection if you are interested.  Let me know.

Signature 

http://powerlessnolonger.com

Posted: 17 October 2006 07:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
RankRank
Total Posts:  61
Joined  2006-09-28

A collective pat on the back wavelength32.

Now go get yourself a beer.

Posted: 18 October 2006 02:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  765
Joined  2006-06-01

I tried creating an account but never got a confirmation mail…this is just so depressing… :shock:  :?

Signature 

Get with it. Millions of galaxies of hundreds of millions of stars, and a speck on one in a blink. That’s us, lost in space. The cop, you, me… Who notices?
-Vincent

Posted: 18 October 2006 07:48 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-27

Hey Stardusk,

Dude, you don’t need an account to download these items from their site. Just go download them!

I tried to create an account and ran into the same problem w/ no confirmation email.  However, I was still able to upload all of these files.  I even downloaded several of them to test it out.  It works fine.

Again, YOU DON’T NEED AN ACCOUNT OF ANY SORT TO DOWNLOAD

Try it again and let me know how it goes, either way.

I can’t imagine you’ll have any problems, however, if worst comes to worst, you can give me your email and I’ll send you this stuff as an attachment.

Posted: 18 October 2006 01:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-27

Here are several new additions to my collection, now available for download on the Wiki-Upload site listed above:

NPR, Listener’s Letters – Sam Harris’ ‘Attack on Faith’ (Oct 2, 2006)
NPR, Talk of the Nation – Keeping Religion Out of Public Policy (Oct 2, 2006)
NPR, Day to Day – Author Challenges Faith of a ‘Christian Nation’ (Sept 29, 2006)

Hope you enjoy them.  It’s nice to have them in mp3 format for downloading, perfect for iPods and whatnot.

I am working on getting more stuff up.  Let me know if you’ve enjoyed this resource or if you’ve had problems.

Posted: 24 October 2006 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-27

Here are two new Sam Harris interviews that I’ve added to Wiki-upload, available as convenient mp3 files.  Load up those iPods!

CULTURE SHOCKS WITH BARRY LYNN:
Interview #793 with Sam Harris
October 20, 2006
In his new book, Letter to a Christian Nation, Sam Harris offers a complete argument in favor of a secular society. The author also addresses all the hot button issues, from stem cell research to evolution.

PUNDIT REVIEW RADIO
Pundit Review talks religion with Sam Harris
October 16, 2006
Harris offers a measured refutation of the beliefs that form the core of fundamentalist Christianity. In the course of his argument, he addresses current topics ranging from intelligent design and stem-cell research to the connections between religion and violence.

Hope you enjoy!
-Mark

Posted: 24 October 2006 11:55 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2957
Joined  2004-12-02

this is great - kudos, wavelength32

Posted: 28 October 2006 05:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

Sorry, but I can’t figure out how to download, or at least get it to open.  I click the link, then I hit download and type in the code it gives me.  My computer (mac) seems to download it, but then it says “download failed / can’t decompress” or something.  Any tips?  Is it because they’re all zip files?

thanks

alec

Posted: 28 October 2006 06:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]  
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  308
Joined  2006-10-18

I think some of them are zip files, but others are simply mp3s with the extention deleted from the file name. Try opening them up with an unzipping program and if that doesn’t work try opening them with a media player. I’m not sure how it works with Macs. Some of the files actually aren’t files at all. Well, they are, but they are 0kb files, nothing in them.

Try a bunch of different stuff.

Posted: 28 October 2006 08:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]  
RankRankRank
Joined  2006-09-27

Most of the files are compressed, so they do need to be decompressed or rather ‘unzipped’ before you can access them.

However, to my knowledge, all 43 files that I uploaded should be there and fully functional.  I even downloaded many of them myself just to make sure everything was in order.  I didn’t have any problems. 

If in fact some of these are not working or nothing is there once you download the file—PLEASE LET ME KNOW—by posting here or sending me a private message.  I can re-post any files that are not working, or possibly email files to anyone still having problems.  Again, just let me know.  I want everyone to have access to this stuff.

Sincerely,
Mark

Posted: 29 October 2006 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]  
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2006-10-29

Any chance of these files being put on a Bittorrent site?  The Wiki site is not working for me at all.

Posted: 30 October 2006 10:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2004-12-02

I didn’t see a clear way to download those file.  There is a large “download” button far to the right, but it looks like it’s a part of an advertisement (and I don’t want to download that).

How can I download?

Kelton

1 of 2

RSS 2.0     Atom Feed