Moderator: I need to be either on or off
Posted: 04 April 2007 07:33 PM   [ Ignore ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2168
Joined  2005-11-15

Moderator,

For some reason I'm getting spam reports loaded into my yahoo email box. I'm presuming, based on when this began happening, that it's a result of my having signed on to be a spambuster, although I never actually heard back from you about that. You have not responded to my PMs.

So, please, either remove me from the spambuster sign-up list, which seems to have caused this, or tell me how to actually DO some spambusting. Quite often I check in late at night, and see the scumbags leaving their spam deposits on the forum, yet I am powerless to kick their asses to kingdom come. Come on, gimme a sword already LOL!

Signature 

Welcome to Planet Earth, where Belief masquerades as Knowledge!

This way to the Unasked Questions—->
<—- This way to the Unquestioned Answers

Posted: 19 May 2007 12:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1835
Joined  2006-03-26

Hey Mia,

Have you checked the little icons at the bottom of the threads? You should be able to see an X for delete if you have mod privliges.

By the way, none of us can delete spam from this forum or the Philosophy one, so we are going to see a lot of junk until the administrator fixes it.

Signature 

Bill Maher’s New Rule About Religious Tests for Office

Sam explains the difference between the belief in Elvis and belief in Jesus

Support the Separation of Church & State!
Freedom From Religion Foundation

Posted: 19 May 2007 09:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-15

Thanks for the info, rab. I’ll look for these icon things, next time I spot undeleted spam on the Faith forum. Maybe I just didn’t know what to look for.

I never got a response back from the moderator, which just gives me the urge to host a huge, rip-‘em-up kegger party in here, since apparently there are no grown-ups in charge of the place.  Just think. . . it would be us, and a whole gaggle of nude celebrities. Oh, and plenty of phentermine, of course. We can pop ‘em like candy!!

wink

Signature 

Posted: 20 May 2007 08:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  5404
Joined  2006-09-27
[quote author=“Mia”]Tit would be us, and a whole gaggle of nude celebrities.

First on my list: John the Baptist, giving head to Salome.

Signature 

INVEST in cynicism!

Posted: 28 May 2007 12:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-11-15

Travis. . .  no, I never got an email or a PM from you, and was never actually granted access to delete spam, at least as far as I know. Instead, I kept getting copies of this forum’s spam sent to my email. Huge list. Rab mentioned that I should be able to see icons at the bottom of any spam thread, allowing me to kill them, but I don’t see those icons.

So, yes, please remove me from whatever sort of list you have me on, since the problem is currently too out of control to waste our time on.

Signature 

Posted: 28 May 2007 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1243
Joined  2005-11-14

aw!

Speaking for the only one I am authorized to speak for (me), I’m doing my best!  wink  I am one lean mean spam eating machine.  I have deleted so much spam, I am beginning to wonder if the mods don’t see a problem on account that I keep deleteing easily 10 to 20 posts about every day.

Maybe if we quit deleting spam, all of us, for like 4 days Travis can then see how desperately we need a mask thing ah mah jig that necesitates human eyes for account validation.

I am convinced this spam is coming from a spambot and not a human.

ONE LAST REQUEST:  and that is to make a global spam delete, kind of like check a box next to the box and globally delete those marked.  Right now we have to go into the post, click on the “X”, mark “yes” we ar sure we want to delete and then go back to “recent posting since last visit” to do the whole shpeel over again.

ah, to have a global spam delete button, what a luxury that would be.  Because once you find a spambot username, you really don’t need to go check what they’ve posted to ensure you aren’t deleting some gem of a post.  Spambots are spambots.

OR there should exist the ability to click on a poster’s name and do a global post delete from there and then delete the poster username into oblivion.  Again, once you identify a spambot, there is no reason to not globally delete all that spambot puts out.

Noggin

Posted: 29 May 2007 04:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  626
Joined  2006-08-01

[quote author=“Noggin”]
Maybe if we quit deleting spam, all of us, for like 4 days Travis can then see how desperately we need a mask thing ah mah jig that necesitates human eyes for account validation.

There is already a confirmation code that you need to validate. Just register again without following through and you’ll see it.

On another forum my first three posts where sent via the moderators. They had to check an ok-box for my posts to go through. When they had okey:ed all three I could post nr. 4 and so on, without the mod-check.
If that is possible, we would only need to check a list of new members and only ok the non-spammers. I don’t think any spammer will waste time to post three normal posts before starting a spamsession.

Signature 

“If your original Hebrew disagrees with my original King James—- your original Hebrew is wrong.”—FSTDT

‹‹ "Essays" section      Please ban Anhatard1 ››
RSS 2.0     Atom Feed